Anyone ever look at you like you're smoking something else? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Anyone ever look at you like you're smoking something else?

Full Member Verified Member

Yes even the wife sometimes feels like she is doing something else..........In about ten more years for me

Had 2 diehard nonsmokers try to treat me like a smoker today...was outside at my favorite establishment (owner will not let me vape inside, no big deal.)

They started in to complain to me and their waiter....I kept my cool and said 3 things that shut them up.

1. The wind is blowing my vape a way from you.
    2. The patio is the designated "smoking area".
    3. I pretty much pay the light bill here and you are here for your 2nd time (overheard amount of visit's part).

To wrap it up.....I was polite, reserved & did not truely speak my mind to the JW's! As far as other substance stuff goes, not yet. Had 1 local police officer ask me a ton of questions on where to buy my basic setup! (He is a convert to the vape side now!)

Jim
    hopefulpoet and chikkaccino like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jimmy View Post
    Had 2 diehard nonsmokers try to treat me like a smoker today...was outside at my favorite establishment (owner will not let me vape inside, no big deal.)

They started in to complain to me and their waiter....I kept my cool and said 3 things that shut them up.

1. The wind is blowing my vape a way from you.
    2. The patio is the designated "smoking area".
    3. I pretty much pay the light bill here and you are here for your 2nd time (overheard amount of visit's part).

To wrap it up.....I was polite, reserved & did not truely speak my mind to the JW's! As far as other substance stuff goes, not yet. Had 1 local police officer ask me a ton of questions on where to buy my basic setup! (He is a convert to the vape side now!)

Jim
    Dude no offense but those kind of responses are exactly what these clowns want to hear to re-inforce their view that vaping IS smoking.

Tell them what they deserve to hear... nothing. Let the people who own the establishment explain it to them and/or ban their asses because they're too much hassle. Let them be the problem, not you.
    vincentk18 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's good to see I'm not the only one. I'm hoping getting pulled over isn't next haha.

Yeah my husband's boss lol! We were at an outdoor concert with a group from his company and his boss kept looking at me. I told him what it was, and he laughed and said it looked like {SOMETHING ELSE}. Now every time I see him he asks if I have {THAT SOMETHING ELSE} with me.
    Last edited by sonicdsl; 11-02-2013 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Mention/discussion of illicit drugs is not permitted

Ultra Member Verified Member

This happens to me very often. I guess it is because I look cool and because of my age (27). When people ask me and I tell them it is an ecig, I usually get a few things:

1. Why wouldn't you just smoke a cigarette?

2. Dude, but can't you just use (something else) in it? Then they ask me all kinds of things about how they could do it and have no smell, etc...

I think I am just gonna start telling people that I do it because I am an undercover cop trying to find drug users.
    Mrs C likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This has never happened to me in my car. Happened once with a neighbor in my garage when I took a drag on my K100 and AGA-T, which was great because I could explain it all to him

Super Member ECF Veteran

I have not yet had anybody show any concern to what I am sucking on, let alone what is inside my device.

Being from the great state of Washington it REALLY DONT MATTER if it were SOMETHING ELSE.

Yep. People look at me like I'm doing something highly illegal. Usually it's when I am driving, so I really don't have a chance to talk with them.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've only had people come up to me and ask me if it's "one of those vapor things"....lol

Of course, then I tell them all about it and the benefits and where to get them, et cetera.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast