Anyone ever look at you like you're smoking something else?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Anyone ever look at you like you're smoking something else?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Anyone ever look at you like you're smoking something else?

I was at a stop light, took a good size pull off the tank. I look to the right and this lady is staring at me like I'm doing something wrong. She says you're lucky I don't call the cops about that then rolled her window up and waited for the green.

I'm guessing she thought the ego and tank setup was for {SOMETHING ELSE} haha. Every happen to you guys?
    Last edited by sonicdsl; 11-02-2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Mention/discussion of illicit drugs is not permitted

Ultra Member Verified Member Criticalmass's Avatar

not yet. to date, nobody i have encountered has given it a second glance.
    vincentk18 and meanckz like this.

Join The Resistance

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Not so far. But, I kinda stopped caring what other people think about that to a degree. If I have the chance to inform, I do. If I don't have the opportunity, what a stranger thinks doesn't usually affect me. I work next door to a police station. The first time I walked across the parking lot with all the uniforms, I felt nervous. I don't know why. But they kept walking along, nodding, etc... I have nothing to hide
    meanckz likes this.
    Last cigarette July 28, 2013

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Most people don't even ask or care from my personal experience.
    meanckz likes this.
    Vaping: TimeBomb - Julius, SuicideBunny - Mothers Milk, AVE - Bobas Bounty.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah, as I mentioned in another thread a few days ago, using ecigs is generally going to seem like one of two things to those not familiar with them.

1. If it looks like a cigarette, then you will be treated like you are the scum of the earth because it looks like you are smoking a cig.
    2. If it doesn't look like a cig, people will likely think you are smoking {SOMETHING ELSE}.

Socially, it's not easy being a vaper. As I would guess that less than 1% who see you vape would ever think it was a harmless ecig. Will be nice if the day ever comes where the majority of people recognize them for what they are and celebrate it, rather than equating us to a cig smoker or a drug user.
    Last edited by sonicdsl; 11-02-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Mention/discussion of illicit drugs is not permitted
    vincentk18 and Huckleberried like this.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Just about everyday on my way home from work. LOL
    I get the "looks" but haven't encountered anyone saying anything yet. It doesn't bother me at all and if someone does say something perhaps I can educate them. I was pulled over a week or so ago for a head light that was out. The cop shined his flashlight on my Evod but didn't say anything. I was waiting for it! Now I carry my MVP2 so who knows what will happen next...
    I doubt I will save any money anytime soon....

Yeah it's happened to me. I usually adopt a gangster pose and take an extra long draw then look them in the eye whatchagonnadoaboudit.
    vincentk18, Peppie and cmdebrecht like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have yet had the honor of educating an individual or group to the wonders of vaping. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, it'll happen. Until then....

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Quote Originally Posted by DetraMental View Post
    I have yet had the honor of educating an individual or group to the wonders of vaping. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, it'll happen. Until then....
    It's kind of weird isn't it? Since I started vaping I expected to bump into or at least take notice of vapes all the time. Nada.

Full Member Verified Member

Not yet for me either with threats or distasteful looks. I am a CASAA member, though, and they have some nice educational 'business cards' available. I keep a few in my pocket just in case I have the opportunity to inform someone. I did have a coworker that was intrigued, though. I let her sample my vape, and now she is also an ex-smoker. Please take the opportunities to explain, and perhaps share, whenever possible. (You can get cheap disposable 'friend tips' (germ guards) for your tips if you are concerned when potentially sharing a taste).
    vincentk18 and TraceyS like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast