Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Steam STM-1

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Steam STM-1

Hi all,

I just purchased this little unit and would like to get some thoughts from you about it (maybe someone that has it too).
    http://www.steamecig.com/wp-content/...M-1-manual.pdf
    I think it may be manufactured by SmokTech, one button menu, 6 month manufacturer warranty.
    NewestAddition.jpg
    the other 2 are there for size comparison (left: Evod 650mAh VV with Kanger mini PT, right: Innokin iTaste SVD VV/VW with Kanger PT)

alright now....lemme have it

(didn't see a section for this in "mod specific", if needed please move)
    Ryedan and FringeChief68 like this.

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

this is an awesome mod. cant tell you much about it but my local vape shop carries them and so far they're a great hit
    meanckz and Dan Viands like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I personally think it's a very nice device and thanx for the heads up

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by meanckz View Post
    I just purchased this little unit and would like to get some thoughts from you about it (maybe someone that has it too).

alright now....lemme have it

It's funny meanckz, I saw this mod somewhere on the net in the last few days and thought it looked interesting. Of course I don't have one, but I did notice something about the battery in the spec sheet.

It's a Samsung ICR18650-26F. The 'ICR' in the model name means it's got ICR chemistry. These are the batteries that go boom when they're shorted or seriously over-driven or over charged. They do say they have battery protection built into the device, but for me that's not good enough. I wouldn't use these batteries. Panasonic NCR18650PD or PF are the ones I would buy for this.

Other than that, it looks great and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Vape happy

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
    It's funny meanckz, I saw this mod somewhere on the net in the last few days and thought it looked interesting. Of course I don't have one, but I did notice something about the battery in the spec sheet.

It's a Samsung ICR18650-26F. The 'ICR' in the model name means it's got ICR chemistry. These are the batteries that go boom when they're shorted or seriously over-driven or over charged. They do say they have battery protection built into the device, but for me that's not good enough. I wouldn't use these batteries. Panasonic NCR18650PD or PF are the ones I would buy for this.

Other than that, it looks great and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Vape happy

oops...what to do with those batteries?...it does come with a supposedly 'safe' auto-cut-off no-name charger

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

Blog Entries

Being that I was not familiar with neither the batteries nor the charger in question I went researching:

Battery: Samsung 2600mAh ICR18650-26F

I often use the flashlight forums to find battery information (as do many others) as they take their batteries as seriously as we do in e-cig mods. Things that I found at CandlePowerForums.com:

• ICR18650-26F is a mixed Co/Ni/Mn cathode. Having manganese (mn) in the chemistry makes this a safer chemistry hybrid battery, and not just an ICR battery.

• "I don't know enough about both chemistries to answer all of your questions. However I will say that generally speaking cells with nickle and manganese are often regarded as being "safer." "

Based on the above info, it appears to me that the Samsung ICR18650-26F in question is similar battery chemistry to the Panasonic NCR18650PF (LiNiCOMnO2) INR/ICR/IMR 2900mAh hybrid, but with a little less mAh capacity. This should be a decent battery safe to use in a regulated mod. However, I have to admit I've seen no reference of this battery being a "high drain" battery; but since the chemistry is similar to the Panasonic PF I'm assuming that it is.

The HG-106Li charger though is a different story. This is a cheap inexpensive charger of around $5 - 9. Being that you generally get what you pay for I would not suggest using this charger for e-cig batteries. The instruction manual even states that it could take 6 hours to charge an 18650 battery. According to some bench testing done by folks at CandlePowerForums there appears to be some variance in manufacturing quality/consistancy with reports of over-discharge of batteries and variances in voltage of fully charged batteries. - resource link KD all-in-one charger

I would not use this charger myself. Spend some money on a decent Xtar or Nitecore Intellicharger to replace the HG charger.

I handled this model at a new B & M in my neck of the woods. I didn't use it but I can say it felt very solid. The machining of the threads was very nice. I'm not a fan of "one-button" menu set-ups but other than the Vamo, that seems to be the norm on most APV's.
    meanckz likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    • ICR18650-26F is a mixed Co/Ni/Mn cathode. Having manganese (mn) in the chemistry makes this a safer chemistry hybrid battery, and not just an ICR battery.

• "I don't know enough about both chemistries to answer all of your questions. However I will say that generally speaking cells with nickle and manganese are often regarded as being "safer." "

Based on the above info, it appears to me that the Samsung ICR18650-26F in question is similar battery chemistry to the Panasonic NCR18650PF (LiNiCOMnO2) INR/ICR/IMR 2900mAh hybrid, but with a little less mAh capacity. This should be a decent battery safe to use in a regulated mod. However, I have to admit I've seen no reference of this battery being a "high drain" battery; but since the chemistry is similar to the Panasonic PF I'm assuming that it is.

The HG-106Li charger though is a different story. This is a cheap inexpensive battery of around $5 - 9. Being that you generally get what you pay for I would not suggest using this charger for e-cig batteries. The instruction manual even states that it could take 6 hours to charge an 18650 battery. According to some bench testing done by folks at CandlePowerForums there appears to be some variance in manufacturing quality/consistancy with reports of over-discharge of batteries and variances in voltage of fully charged batteries. - resource link KD all-in-one charger

I would not use this charger myself. Spend some money on a decent Xtar or Nitecore Intellicharger to replace the HG charger.
    Thanks for the research and insight into that battery Bad! I didn't know that and the 'ICR' in the model name worried me

meanckz, I apologize for the scare. I really try not to do that, but I didn't find the data Bad did.

Now, get a decent charger and then tell us all about how great that vape is !!!
    Last edited by Ryedan; 11-10-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Baditude and meanckz like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Being that I was not familiar with neither the batteries nor the charger in question I went researching:

Battery: Samsung 2600mAh ICR18650-26F

I often use the flashlight forums to find battery information (as do many others) as they take their batteries as seriously as we do in e-cig mods. Things that I found at CandlePowerForums.com:

The HG-106Li charger though is a different story. This is a cheap inexpensive battery of around $5 - 9. Being that you generally get what you pay for I would not suggest using this charger for e-cig batteries. The instruction manual even states that it could take 6 hours to charge an 18650 battery. According to some bench testing done by folks at CandlePowerForums there appears to be some variance in manufacturing quality/consistancy with reports of over-discharge of batteries and variances in voltage of fully charged batteries. - resource link KD all-in-one charger

WOW! awesome info! Thank you very Baditude, I was ready to chuck those batteries, and I got a Nitecore Intellicharger en route.
    I really really appreciate this info....it's bookmarked and hopefully I can pass it on to the next person that has questions about this device's batteries.
    I would have never thought to check out flashlight forums, until vaping I had never seen these flat top batteries before.

It 'dinged' again, didn't it
    Baditude and Ryedan like this.

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

Super Member Verified Member

Unrelated, for which I am sorry, but how do you like the EVOD?

That's a sleek mod, by the by.
    meanckz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast