Cops and vaping?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Cops and vaping??

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intervap View Post
    Brought mine into court on accident once. When I pulled it out of my pocket to go through the metal detector the cops asked what it was, but not suspiciously. Told them and they became very interested in it, asking where I got it and stuff like that.
    I brought mine to Jury Duty on Monday. Evod VV/Protank 2 mini.. I put it in the box for the xray and nobody bothered me.

I was puffin on it waiting for selection but I didn't blow clouds.. kinda held it and blew out slowly. Didn't want to attract unnecessary attention.

As far as in the car I do my thing. Never been bothered.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

If, on the other hand, you're looking to get pulled over...

There are threads here started by those who have been pulled over while vape driving. One young woman got a particularly nasty cop who made her dump her juice out on the ground. But those posts have been over the last year. I haven't seen any in the last few months so things might be changing. I do know I asked a young man smoking if it was alright to vape in the area (new town to me) or if the cops would question me.... he didn't answer and scattered really fast so am not real sure what that was all about.

Senior Member Verified Member robo74's Avatar

The brothers I ride with are men in blue. None of them ever questioned the device. The only questions I get are whats the flavor and can I try. I am slowly trying to convince a few that my way is the better way over their analogs or chew.

Rob

I've been pulled over once. He never even batted an eye. Talked to him for a good 20 minutes too just chatting as he saw my Infantry sticker on my truck and was ex mil himself. I did not attempt to use it but it was plain sight in my console where it always sits.

Also used it after passing through an xray machine at the courthouse. I kept it on the down low and didn't billow clouds though.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WillyZee View Post
    here's a scenario I would love to see ...

happily driving along enjoying a vape ... cop sees you and quickly radios in ... we got a (SUSPICIOUS PERSON) heading down Main St.

Pulls you over, totally expecting ... this is the big one ... that promotion is due after this one

Cautiously approaches the driver side of car ... hand on gun

You roll down your window ... releasing a huge, thick, waft of smoky vape ... however, it is nice, succulent Cinnamon Danish.

Cop gets all confused, and doesn't know what to say ... then realizes ... oh yeah ... I'm supposed to be picking up donuts for the office.
    This was my experience almost verbatim.
    Last edited by classwife; 11-20-2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: edited quote of edited post

Admin
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Supporting the Rules I agreed to when I joined this Forum

psssst....

Please be careful in here, had a lot of editing to do

Forum Rules
    9. Flaming, trolling, other misconduct
    a. These are not permitted -
    Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.

Why we don't allow drug talk

Thank you

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

idk how you guys have these encounters but I make it a conscious effort to blow big clouds of vapor whenever I see a cop pull up next to me. I always wanted to know what the outcome of the situation would be but I still have no luck. My arrogance will pay off one day...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thank you class wife!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Doing the best I can to do justly love mercy, and walk humbly with God ~Micah 6:8

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

As an old lady, I can walk around vaping and people don't bother me...lol

Silly old broads can get away with anything, especially if they pull out a fan and start talking about hot flashes while smiling and talking about menopause.

Quote Originally Posted by riseabovethestorm View Post

If, on the other hand, you're looking to get pulled over...
    I have one of those only I got a couple of longer stems with LED lights. I don't think I'd use it while out running around, though. Too much hassle when I could just take a PV with a couple of cartotanks with me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345