Just Smoked a Butt... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Just Smoked a Butt...

Earlier today I went out for awhile and didn't bring my vape. I was walking around and heard a kid begging another one for a cig "if you give me one now, I'll get you back tomorrow" made me strangely nostalgic to the recent past when I was "that guy" bumming cigs. When I was walking home I smelled some people smoking, and I almost stopped at the store to get a pack. When I got home I almost sparked up a really old black-n-mild third I had outside (gross!), but I came inside and took some vape lung hits and was kicking myself for even considering it. Took care of those cravings. The liquid I have now isn't very good, I just have chinese flavors and ran out of my favorite one and the rest are pretty gnarly(in a bad way), I think when my protank and US liquids come I won't have as much temptation.
    Stay strong! May the force be with you!
    hopefulpoet likes this.

Thanks, everybody, for the positive vibes. I know now to get rid of the temptations ASAP. I'm thinking about increasing my nic. to 24 for the time being just to make sure, but at the same time I know how psychologically dependent I still am. Nicotine isn't gonna help that part. It's amazing what we'll do to get our fix. I remember telling non-smokers that, at times, I would put my cig. out early, so if I ran out I would have something later. They always cringed, but they were clueless about the urges. This sucks, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ld3441 likes this.

Blog Entries

it gets better...one day at a time, ok?

its ok to light up, but after vaping a bit..you maybe wont want to or crave it as often. I get cravings, but then I just take some massive honks off my gear and im all set a few mins later - it takes a few minutes for the nic to get into the bloodstream

smoking is a habitual thing too, the ritual of lighting up or smoking while im driving...i dont miss it, cuz I can vape and drive.

and I see folks throwing butts out the window...I just want to pull up next to em, chain vape out some major fumes of vapor and watch em go :O wth is *that*.

Its me vaping..duh!

I used 24mg stuff at first and quickly found some vendors on here to get some 18mg nic juices and then ordered 12mg stuff, which is what I use now. This was all in the space of a few weeks, so I have all this stuff on hand and if I want a stronger tank, I spike it a little to get rid of that first go-round's worth of stuff.

it gets easier..got to give it time.
    hopefulpoet likes this.
    I dont know it all, or pretend to..Take the time to ask good questions. Also: I liek peas

PV Master Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulpoet View Post
    As the titled states, I just took a few drags off of an analog butt. I've been smoke free for over two months now and haven't craved a "square" the whole time except for the past week. The cravings have revealed themselves with certainty. I'm not craving like I did as a smoker without my fix. It's more of a want. Accordingly, I picked up a butt from the garage (which I should'a already purged months ago), lit it up, and took a couple pulls. Unfortunately, it wasn't really bad...at first. Around 10 mins. later I started to feel light-headed, like when I first started, and now my stomachs is feeling the turns. Damn. This is enough for me to avoid sparkin' the "old friend" any time soon. I've read from others that this is the time when folks start Jones'in, so I don't feel guilty (not too much at least). My head just hurts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh no!!! Now why did you go and................ Seriously though, don't beat yourself up. Sometimes the reminder of how disgusting they really are is all we need. Good luck and keep on vaping my friend.......
    hopefulpoet likes this.

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DetraMental View Post
    As I've read before, "don't count the one's you smoke, count the one's you don't."
    Nothing more to say or add. It's a way of life. Don't worry about it and be glad it's the only one.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

Quote Originally Posted by tnt56 View Post
    Nothing more to say or add. It's a way of life. Don't worry about it and be glad it's the only one.
    Exactly. That's the reminder we all need at times. At this point I've avoided 1,955 of 'em to be exact :P I like the "way of life" perspective, too. As with any addiction, we must always stay mindful of our weaknesses and push forward recognizing that it's always with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    tnt56 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Thought... nay hoped this was going to be a thread about smoking a pork butt to make some pulled pork. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by toddrhodes View Post
    Thought... nay hoped this was going to be a thread about smoking a pork butt to make some pulled pork. Darn.
    Sorry to let you down...That does sound good, though. I bet it tastes better since the last time I tried it, too, as a smoker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home) Ld3441's Avatar

I am also at the 2 month mark and had 2 cigs this week. Sad thing is, they weren't bad for me. I know now I have to stay far away from them and keep my vape gear handy at all times!
    hopefulpoet likes this.
    I doubt I will save any money anytime soon....

Quote Originally Posted by toddrhodes View Post

That sounds better.... Mmm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12