Peeved about my local vape shop - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Peeved about my local vape shop

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

it all boils down to buyer beware ... reminds me of all those cell phone kiosks, selling $1 cases for $15-$20 each.

The vaping industry is bursting at the seems with cheap knockoffs ... opportunists are coming out of the woodwork.
    K_Tech likes this.
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

And to think sum folk here bad mouth those of us dat shop on-line and/or FT!

Sorry, I don't do 'pity buys'...
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

Full Member Verified Member Doge's Avatar

These shop owners are brave, what if the FDA passed regulation tomorrow and banned E-cigs? Wouldn't they all just have to close up shop and lose a bunch of money?

I visited a new vape shop in my town today. Hasn't even had the grand opening yet. I spoke with the owner for quite some time. He had a huge selection of different products and an even bigger selection of juices. (Not made on the premises but all USA ) He flat out said that he will beat anyone's prices here in town. He's in it for the long haul to build his name and reputation. Doesn't want to make a killing, just a living. He also has a store that is doing very well in CA too.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've seen a few people in this thread defend Brick and Mortars charging exorbitant prices because of "overhead" and I gotta know... Do you put your money where your mouth is? Do you support your local thieving B&M by buying juice at $1 a ml? Or are you just being contrary?

Equine Disrespect Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i lol'd and noped when i realized the B&M near me is selling 10ml of ECB for $8.

I lol'd harder when the new one opened and they were selling DEKANG for that much. At least ECB is consistently tasty.

They just took my husband's cousin's wife for $80 on an itaste (the original one, not like an MVP or anything) when you can get that stuff genuine on fasttech for $40, full kit, not just the battery.

edit: battery and charger alone are $25 on fasttech. They tried to tell her to wait until i got home from school but she didn't listen.
    Last edited by Orobas; 12-05-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ConradM View Post
    Here in Boise the market is over-saturated with Vape shops. We probably have 25 - 30 shops and this is a small city. I've been to 4 of them since I started and they're all either over priced or selling cheap knock off junk for the same price as name brand.

I'm no stranger to getting a better deal online so I wasn't to surprised.
    Totally agree! It'll be interesting to see how many shops are around a year from now. Luckily there are a few decent shops here - feel free to PM me if you want to swap stories!
    Becky

Off the stinkies since July 6th, 2013!

I just started back in on ecigs. I went to a "semi-local" shop to get my set up. I heared they had a sale on the Kanger T3S and ego-C upgrade passthrough. I get there and they were out of the passthrough batteries, but had no problem selling me the regular ego-C upgrade. I walked out of that shop $65 lighter in the wallet (without juice). I did a little research and found that my set up with accessories should have only cost me about $30-$35. I am a little upset by this profit margin crap aswell. This shop sells the replacement coils for $2.50 each. I can get a 5 pack online for $6. I can also get any 1000+ mah battery for less than the ego-c (650mah) i was sold at that store... Thanks to the internet I am not forced to give up on the dream of quitting smoking.

There are obviously lots of people who don't understand how local economies work, so they complain about that "profit crap." I suspect they'll be surprised when they find the only jobs left in town are at McD's or Wallyworld, and wonder why.
    TheJakeBailey likes this.

Where I live we have few true Vape B&Ms, most are tobacco shops who have added e-cigs to their inventory. There is one about 5 minutes from my house.

They started with basic evo stuff about 6 months ago and now carry a variety of tanks, Drippers Drip tips etc., however they still only sell Evo batters, no mods.

There prices are a little more then online (Kanger Protank II was 25 + tax) but reasonable for a B&M. When I ask them why they didn't carry any Mods, the response I got was that most people were not looking to spend the money on them and they didn't sell so they pulled them off the shelf.

They had a few in the back and pulled them out and I saw why they didn't sell - the one example that stood out to me was the iTast MVP 2 that they had, I was researching this device and knew what they were going for. They had it marked at 150 + tax! I pointed out that I know they are a B&M and need to make a profit but the mark up they had on that device was way too much. I told them that they go for 50 or less online and I could see paying $70 , but a 200% mark up was way too much. I then pointed out that their Protank II was 25 and I have seen those for 15 online and that was a more reasonable markup (and purchased one as well).

I ask her to pass on to the owner/manager that if they wanted to sell those mods to those that would buy them, they need to have a better mark up.

I haven't been back in a while as the juice they sell is horrid (pass that on as well) and I use another B&M for my daily juice, but I hope to get back in soon as I now have some more mods researched and I would like to see if they have improved there prices and if they have other brands of juice now.
    'It's your life, rise up and live it.' - Richard Rahl, from Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast