Taking Your Coil to the Next Level! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Taking Your Coil to the Next Level!

I don't ever make videos, but I love this coil so much that I just had to do it. My apologies for the poor video/audio quality (I never make videos).

You can use this coil on a mechanical and it vapes like a dream!

26 GA kantal, 4 wraps per micro coil, ≈ 1 Ohm. IGO-L sitting on a Nemesis Clone with a single 18650 battery.

http://youtu.be/sE08Bg_-JAg

Last edited by Radlyr Whaledzoo; 12-18-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    artbyshan likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Radlyr Whaledzoo View Post
    If you're so inclined you could just make 3 wraps on each micro coil (which will effectively give you 25% less ohms).

Then again, trying this with ribbon wire is brilliant, but has to be near impossible to make the bends after each micro coil and keep it neat.
    Cant remember if i scrapped the coil or not, but ill upload a picture of it later if i didnt... But yes it was quite the battle to make it look pretty... Never wicked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Member ECF Veteran

Heres a picture of my first diamond coil attempt... Sadly i kinda messed it up when i pulled off the top cap... My igo-w is a bit stubborn, and my attempt to make it pretty again didnt help much
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387568344.599703.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a crazy try-out build for me. I will say this right off...it vaped...just very poorly. If you have ever seen RiP Trippers Trico Coil build on YouTube then you know where I was going with this build. I wanted to try a similar build on a genesis...needless to say Im starting to think its made ONLY for RDAs but I wont give up haha. Heres some trial and error pics.

Yes I know very crappy micro coils...was getting frustrated after 2 hours of building ideas in my head.
    Last edited by Solid; 12-20-2013 at 07:06 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfHDZsH2emE

I wanted to like the diamond and made a dual diamond right after rip posted his build video. IMO it is lacking in vapor and flavor compared to the ease of a dual dragon nano coil. I show the difference in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfHDZsH2emE

I wanted to like the diamond and made a dual diamond right after rip posted his build video. IMO it is lacking in vapor and flavor compared to the ease of a dual dragon nano coil. I show the difference in this video.
    Wrong ray.. Rip said it taste better than the dragon coil but vapor production was lacking..

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    This was a crazy try-out build for me. I will say this right off...it vaped...just very poorly. If you have ever seen RiP Trippers Trico Coil build on YouTube then you know where I was going with this build. I wanted to try a similar build on a genesis...needless to say Im starting to think its made ONLY for RDAs but I wont give up haha. Heres some trial and error pics.

Yes I know very crappy micro coils...was getting frustrated after 2 hours of building ideas in my head.

Well few things I see wrong.. if you want to adjust your coil you need to have all the coils heated up and compressed together to make the coil stronger.. use cotton instead

Here's my trico coil and how rip made his as well .

Not the best pic but if I was you I would make your 1 coil aim towards the airhole and the 2 on the side but against some cloud of cotton on the post. than weave the cotton inside the 2 coils usiong the end of the cotton inside the genny tank.. hard to explain maybe tomorrow I'll make a trico for a genny with pics.. what's nice is you have the same ihybrid with that large positive post.. here's a diamond coil on a genny..

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thlinks; 12-21-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member ValHeli's Avatar

My first attempt at a dual coil. Two 90 deg coils to shape a diamond. 10 wraps each came out to .8 ohms

11584542896_f7ff484edf_m.jpg

took a pic as it started glowing

11584080494_6b142b77de_m.jpg
    Radlyr Whaledzoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ValHeli View Post
    My first attempt at a dual coil. Two 90 deg coils to shape a diamond. 10 wraps each came out to .8 ohms

11584542896_f7ff484edf_m.jpg

took a pic as it started glowing

11584080494_6b142b77de_m.jpg
    Looks good, but you didn't say how it vaped!

Ultra Member Verified Member ValHeli's Avatar

very warm vape, dense vapor, and more depth of flavor

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast