So the judging begins...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: So the judging begins...

Default So the judging begins...

I've started vaping this week ad I'm honestly surprised by how much other people judge me when I talk about it or when they see me vaping, especially ex-smokers. I have to admit though, I have the feeling that most of them are not really judging but are more angry/frustrated that they didn't have access to this wonderful thing when they quit smoking.

I don't mind giving them information about e-cig/PV's, but I'm under the impression these infos aren't well received (about half of the time). Does this situation ever happen to you?

Blog Entries

Let them fuss, they are just jelly.

Then steal their poutine.
    I dont know it all, or pretend to..Take the time to ask good questions. Also: I liek peas

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Never had anyone actually say anything about it, just the weird looks while waiting for the train or walking down the street.

Closest I had was a guy ask me to blow my vapor in the other direction while on the platform.. outdoors.. with the wind blowing in his direction. Apparently he was allergic to secondhand berry and thought that not only did I force him to stand next to me, but that I could control the direction of the wind.
    Iffy, EleanorR, Bawn and 7 others like this.

Banana's Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to club black sheep,
    It's time to nut up or shut up!
    Proud and Active CASAA Member

There is a terrible cartoon on Youtube, showing an e-cig battery exploding. Whenever I mention my switching to a current or ex smoker, I receive that link, along with the comment about good plastic surgeons, etc. So the other day, I recorded explosion sound on my cell phone and made a little show for a friend

Let them whine - nothing to it...

That's pretty much what I do. I can't do much beyond giving them info. I'm simply not used to these kinds of reactions.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Isn't it amazing how incredibly effective the brainwashing by the mass media is?

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by L'Albatross View Post
    That's pretty much what I do. I can't do much beyond giving them info. I'm simply not used to these kinds of reactions.
    All you can do is get used to it.

I lost my best friend (who quit years ago w/ the patch) because she refused to see vaping as anything more than a quit-nicotine aid and eventually told me she didn't see why I should be using anything beyond a cigalike, thought my participation in this forum was "shallow," did not want to try to understand anything about vaping, and would appreciate it if I didn't discuss my vaping with her.

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lana79 View Post
    There is a terrible cartoon on Youtube, showing an e-cig battery exploding. Whenever I mention my switching to a current or ex smoker, I receive that link, along with the comment about good plastic surgeons, etc. So the other day, I recorded explosion sound on my cell phone and made a little show for a friend

Let them whine - nothing to it...
    Thankfully your cell phone didn't explode while you were doing that. They can, you know, I saw it on the internet...
    No man's opinions are better than his information.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Most of what I get is genuine curiosity. And a few "did you get that out of your neighbor's nightstand" comments, which don't bother me in the least.

If they're misinformed, I will try to give them the opposing viewpoint - politely and briefly. Listening is their responsibility.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast