changeable drip-tip on evod?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: changeable drip-tip on evod?

Default changeable drip-tip on evod?

anyone know if you can get more snazzy drip tips for the evod? i was thining of getting an evod to add to my x6 battery - after reading around this seems like the best tank for it?
    meanckz likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

by looking at the x6 battery, it is my believe you are better of with 510 threaded tank, i.e. Kanger ProTank, Davide, IBTanked or other (specially since it doesn't look like the outer ring is removeable), it looks hard getting an Evod or other eGo threaded clearos out of that well, if it was screwed just a bit to tightly.

also, I'm certain you cannot change the drip tip on an Evod.
    however:
    Drip Tips

Drip Tips
    Last edited by meanckz; 12-17-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    ebee likes this.

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ebee View Post
    anyone know if you can get more snazzy drip tips for the evod? i was thining of getting an evod to add to my x6 battery - after reading around this seems like the best tank for it?
    No, it isn't possible for an authentic EVOD. The drip tip is molded directly into the tank. There are some EVOD style clones out there that have changeable drip tips, but I haven't got any experience with them.

HTH

ahh, that's a shame, i'd like something that i can take apart and replace parts on, that is also customisable, i've seen some really cool drip tips that i'd like to put on my orange x6. anyone know if the kanger protank 2 would fit this? also, what do you prefer, a wick or a coil? thanks.

ECF Veteran

ahh, that's a shame, i'd like something that i can take apart and replace parts on, that is also customisable, i've seen some really cool drip tips that i'd like to put on my orange x6. anyone know if the kanger protank 2 would fit this? also, what do you prefer, a wick or a coil? thanks.
    I have never owned an X6, but the Kanger Protank 2 is reported to work on it. Looking at the X6 pictures, I suspect that "almost" any tank will work with it.

As for the coil/wick question, As far as I know, all mass produced tanks have a wick of some form, so I assume you mean a coil that you can see the wick (like an iClear) vs. a coil where you can't see the wick (like a Protank 2). My personal preference is a BCC design like the PT 2, but many folks love the top coil designs as well. It really depends on what works for you. As always ... YMMV!

HTH
    LX1X likes this.

Yes. Mini also (ego threaded) or pro tank 3.

Don't understand the wick or a coil?
    It has both..
    Last edited by LX1X; 12-17-2013 at 01:33 PM.

sorry, thanks guys ....devauto - that's what i meant - still pretty new to this, but yeah i think i would rather go for the bcc tank. i'll order the protank 2 then and see how i get on

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Lol the coil question about wick and wire was quite entertaining. The ones with the coil on top will produce a warmer vape and the ones on bottom will produce a cooler vape. Really it comes down to what you prefer. I have moved on past ego batteries and don't use clearomizers often. When I do it is my full size Protank or the evod on an ego battery. The evod is my favorite clearomizer of all and is the only reason the ego battery comes out.

lol, be prepared for more noob questions from me hahaha. i've just gone for the protank 2. thanks again guys!

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The Dube is an Evod clone with removable drip tip. Has a slightly stiffer draw, uses the same heads. Nice vape.
    meanckz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast