Gennies... am I missing something?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Gennies... am I missing something?

Super Member ECF Veteran cramptholomew's Avatar

Default Gennies... am I missing something?

I really want to like gennies. I keep trying, but I must be missing something. My drippers and bottom coil/vacuum style devices rock, but I just can't seem to get any flavor from the Gennies. I have an RSST and an AGA-T3. I've tried ss mesh, cotton, ss cable. Wicking seems OK, and vapor is good, but flavor isn't there. I mean, there's some flavor, but it's flat/lacks sweetness/muted. I've tried different resistances, but that doesn't seem to matter much. Am I missing something, or is this just the nature of these devices?

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by cramptholomew View Post
    I really want to like gennies. I keep trying, but I must be missing something. My drippers and bottom coil/vacuum style devices rock, but I just can't seem to get any flavor from the Gennies. I have an RSST and an AGA-T3. I've tried ss mesh, cotton, ss cable. Wicking seems OK, and vapor is good, but flavor isn't there. I mean, there's some flavor, but it's flat/lacks sweetness/muted. I've tried different resistances, but that doesn't seem to matter much. Am I missing something, or is this just the nature of these devices?
    it really depends on the device and the build together. there are some that are flat out tasteless.

I have never used either of the two you have so i could never judge them, many seem to get great results from them.

but as someone who has gone through many geni's looking for the one, the design of the device does play a big part in how well they will work. and sometimes it takes a lot of experimentation to get them to work perfectly. with a geni there seems to be a line between working and working very well. and so many variables when setting up a wick, the way the wick is set up is more important then the resistance.

and there is also the believe that every flavor will not work great with the genesis style, im many cases the flavors arent as strong but very sharp and defined. with that said the kraken tastes like you poured the flavor concentrate in your mouth.

in any case just like everything else, it could be the genesis just isnt for you

maybe throw up a pic with some details as to how you set it up.
    Ryedan, cramptholomew and glassgal like this.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I find em really touchy and didn't get it myself until I tried one from some dudes that really knew how to do em. I got a lesson from a fellow named Watch, but I am still hit and miss with making em awesome.
    cramptholomew likes this.

Vape On Mighty Piglet!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

I had an RSST and never had much luck with them either. I would get alot of vapor, but no flavor. I went back to my RDA's that I'm really loving. They seem easier to me to set up also than the genesis style, but that's just me.
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

I can only compare to Kanger tanks and Aspire BDCs but, my RSST rocks my face off.

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Vaslovik's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your gennies, perhaps a detailed account of how you set them up and pics would be of help in helping you with them. I've been through an AGA-T2 and an RSST so far. The RSST gives me quite excellent vapor and flavor mounted on a Sigelei 24 mech. I'd like to help if I can.

Super Member ECF Veteran cramptholomew's Avatar

I guess I just need more practice. I haven't devoted TOO MUCH time to my current gennies. It seems like they require a lot of finesse. It took me a long time to get my RDA builds, and Kanger coils perfected, so maybe I'll just devote a week to vaping strictly gennies. That'll force me to focus on them.
    Nikkita6 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member spawnsharks's Avatar

I have (had) the AGA T-2 as well.. never could get it working right. It is being cleaned and sent to a fellow member tomorrow as a PIF gift.
    Siegelei Z Max Mini with a Russian 91%. Itaste MVP2 with a Davide BCC. Kamry K101 with an Igo-L.

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by cramptholomew View Post
    I guess I just need more practice. I haven't devoted TOO MUCH time to my current gennies. It seems like they require a lot of finesse. It took me a long time to get my RDA builds, and Kanger coils perfected, so maybe I'll just devote a week to vaping strictly gennies. That'll force me to focus on them.
    Well your correct they do, and the worst part is they all have slight differences so what is the perfect setup in one geni may suck in another.

they have the highest learning curve but the really cool part is if you do stick with them and then figure out what works for that model, it gets easier each time until you can do it without thinking about it.

been at it almost 2 years myself and anymore i cut XX amount of mesh for this geni, wrap a coil, slide the wick in and pulse out the hot spots, fill and go, all of 10 minutes maybe, i dont even prepare the wicks anymore, just twist them up and drop them in.

but do keep in mind even with the perfect setup, you may just not like that model, I cannot count how many i tried to get the few I have now.

on a side note : the center wick in the t3 looks like a pain in the butt, even busardo didnt seem to have great results with it. and i personally cant see this unit functioning perfectly from this design unless kept full all the time.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Just made a micro with SS and cotton. Freaking loving this RSST.

xyanide and Sthur like this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast