GoodNews! - Page 10
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Thread: GoodNews!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

GN is part of the "special" 2%er's. What defines special and on which side of the spectrum he falls in is what I'm not so sure about. Most folks that I know that brag about being smart are not. Some people are constantly chasing their weaknesses. To each their own. All of the things Ive seen you complain about not working for you are not "right or wrong" answers. They are preferences that are different for darn near everyone here. It's personal experience, what has worked for each individual. Start their GN and find what works for you. This hobby doesn't take much talent or intelligence to be successful. It only takes an open mind and patience. The MOST important thing is don't disrespect other users when suggestions are made even if they don't work for you. The only person that looks like a foolish a#s is you when you do so. YMMV

I wish you luck GoodNews on your vaping journey but please don't disrespect others for their efforts.
    Last edited by Thomasis; 01-07-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    MissKitty47, Ryedan and NiNi like this.

Moved On
    Blog Entries

Well, the popular saying is a closed mouth gets no foot, and well, I happen to have a foot fetish.

Here's a new list of ECF rules, a list I'm quite sure the moderators will agree with:

1. No one here will question my character. I have three infractions on this forum, two for *questionable* drug references (If saying "Lindsay Lohan" is a drug reference... well actually, yeah, I agree with that lol!) and one for accidentally making it sound like I'm asking for free goods.

Not at any other time have I made one rude remark toward anyone on this forum. Not until this very thread have I even directly "joked around" with someone, and even then, I included a potential apology in the same post. The moderators agree.

2. No one here will question my experience in vaping. I have been vaping for 4 years, I've been fooling with slightly more advanced models in the last two years, and I've done everything from changing flavor wicks, to prodding at coils, to re-wicking, to testing voltage and ohm's, to buying multiple test batteries (of the same type of model), to applying air-flow control, to testing out different ohms, to actually getting GOOD results, and I've spent over $700 in total now trying out various devices.

3. It does not matter if I claimed to have more or less experience than that or not. There are a few posts where it LOOKED like I was talking about RDA's and Mod's and all that, but it was a mistake out of rushed grammar, I corrected all those posts 5 SECONDS after typing (but after someone else had read them), and I never meant for that to be my intention - I know nothing much about the higher end stuff. Humility. I've already admitted this like 1010103020202 times on this forum.

4. No one here will question my intelligence. I can be as intelligent as I want to be, free country. I don't go around calling other members stupid (unless they're being rude and stupid) and though I also do not readily express that I am intelligent, I actually am, so when people accuse me of being dumb, and sincerely mean it beyond making fun of my taste buds and quirkiness, I will argue back. Not only is that type of stuff rude, it's against the rules here, and though how I'd love to be a moderator here, I am not, so I have to moderate in what way I can. Complete pwnage usually works well.

Now, I'm not one to be a nazi, I believe in the freedom of speech as much as anyone, obviously I do not mind a good forum argument, but I've already gotten to the point that I'm trying to "make things fresh" with certain members here, trying to be a part of their jokes and move on, but now I'm making the official announcement that this is now my set of rules and I'd very kindly ask the moderators to help support me in this.

Oh, rule #5: No good talk about the Aspire. Just kidding.

Anything else I've said on this forum in a negative way, each and every single time, ya'll had it coming. Ya'll started the arguements first. I have been nothing but extremely kind on this forum, if absolutely nothing else, and because of that, I don't tolerate true disrespect. I know it when I see it and I don't do well with it.

I even became a reviewer here because I saw a TON of rudeness toward new members, a TON of insults, a TON of fraudulent advertising, a TON of disrespect, and a TON of down-talk. I'm here to fight it and win. Sure, I've went on a few talks in my day about how members shouldn't confuse new members by automatically suggesting RDA's and high-end devices, but that was only healthy talks, and now my personal opinion is that new members should honestly RUN to RDA's. If that doesn't satisfy everyone here that I HAVE BEEN UPGRADED TO SEMI-INTELLIGENT-MODE, I don't know what will.

This is a hobby that I love, and I believe I love it because despite it hating me, I continuously give it a chance, as I do toward every member here. Vaping is something that I'll fight for, and because of that, I'll fight vaping itself. I will post negative reviews if I'm confident that I've done everything I can to make a device work. I will bust out vendors and their dishonesty. I will speak my mind if I believe this forum can be more helpful toward ALL members in ensuring that we hold vendors responsible for bad products and not the members themselves. That's who I am. I'm the guy here who's the political nutbag, and I'm that way because despite everyone else also spending $700 or more on vaping, no one's spent that much on products that they just can't vape.

I don't care what anyone says here, everyone here would vape a Blu if a Blu simply tasted good and they had to. No one would vape a Blu, even if an emergency, if it tasted like a burnt sock 5 vapes in. That's the one standard in this industry EVERYONE agrees with. That's where I stand. Take it or leave it.

I'm a disgruntled type of guy, I've probably been frauded more than any vaper here. There's a lot of bad luck stories in the vaping world, but my story is bad. All I continuously do is try and post my regrets and experiences until my NEW PRODUCTS come in. Yes, until, my RDA comes in, until I get a new battery, I am EAGER to get my stuff, and I'm passing the time by still trying to see if any user anywhere knows some trick I can do or had some alike experience or knows what's going on or can tell me what to do. MANY MEMBERS ALREADY HAVE AND I HAVE LISTENED. I'M JUST TRYING TO PASS TIME.
    JeremyR likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

just pure awesomeness at every turn.............................

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ok Good News, I'll just take what you posted 2 posts up as your idea of a joke. I'm not going to quote your whole post here. My opinion - keep it brief. I'm outta here.
    MissKitty47 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orb Skewer View Post
    Get a Facebook page going and get on Twitter GN, you sir are a Legend !, your following would be huge.

Moved On
    Blog Entries

I just haven't done one thing wrong on this entire forum, and I'm very adamant about that.

As I've said before, if anyone disagrees, please find a user that wasn't rude to me first.

Oh, for anyone who didn't like that I said I'll be remembered on this forum, I was saying that because I'm obviously said to be remembered as the forum troll! Obviousity at its finest. I very clearly did not mean that I'll be remembered for my extreme intelligence.

Folks need to stop trying to purposely pull me into some character trap, I will not tolerate it. Ya'll know how humble I actually am, so get over it. Ya'll do know how I really do always poke fun at myself. Just GET OVER IT. I can be humble if I want to be!

Every single time I try to be humble and nice on this forum, it has BACKFIRED, since DAY ONE!

And don't say I'm typing mess wrong, I know exactly how to say a sentence. I know exactly how to partake in forum talk. It's why I'm a moderator and owner of SEVERAL forums. Ya'll just a bunch of nuts who can't read a lick worth of sense, and you either purposely or mistakenly TRY to take everything I say the completely wrong way, even when there's NO WAY to take it out of context.

If I seriously said "The sky is blue." and nothing else, then someone here would post "GN is being a know-it-all saying the sky is blue, he's no expert, what does he know, he must be a troll because he's trying to get attention." And then I'll argue. That's the exact scenario that's always played out.

If I said the phrase "I am goofy.", someone would literally say "HELP MODERATORS GN CALLED ME GOOFY." Literal mishaps like that have happened. People will read one word wrong because they don't expect such humbleness on my part. They do expect an insult because of my general attitude, yet I'm being nice! That's what always starts arguements here.
    Last edited by GoodNews!; 01-07-2014 at 11:28 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orb Skewer View Post
    Get a Facebook page going and get on Twitter GN, you sir are a Legend !, your following would be huge.
    It worked for William Hung: probably the most famous contestant ever to grace the American Idol try-out stage:

:
    Last edited by Racehorse; 01-07-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    Iffy and Ryedan like this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNews! View Post
    please find a user that wasn't rude to me first.
    Since somebody started an entire topic with YOUR username in the title........I would say you have a good point.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Moved On
    Blog Entries

Well, again, the original post really wasn't rude - I want to make it clear that I'm OK with that style of humor. It was posts about 4 pages into this, as I kept just light-heartingly joking around with all the users, influencing the post in a positive way. People LIKED it.

Then two things happened:

Asbestos got upset about the mom joke - I'm totally sorry about that, I really am, no sarcasm, no beating around the bush, I'm totally sorry. I put the words "No offense to anyone, this is a joke thread after all " in that same post, it wasn't even an edit, it was the REAL DEAL. I didn't really even argue much with Asbestos, I just typed a lot, I wanted that user to know I was truly sorry if I offended them. I really do care, I do.

Thrasher either just got tee'd at that joke too, OR they got tee'd because how I said "I'll be remembered on this forum", even though, in I think multiple users' stupidity, they took it to mean that I was bragging about my intelligence, when I MEANT it by meaning that I'll be remembered as the forum TROLL - It's a popular joke lately and I was only continuing the fun on this thread.

But what REALLY tee'd both these users off is that I was HAPPILY GETTING ALONG WITH THEM. They just didn't want that. They looked for out-of-context meanings in my posts. Meanings that no SANE person would even assume!

The only credit anyone has for even assuming wrong meanings is that I do get defensive every now and then about my intelligence, but this thread was OBVIOUSLY a joke thread, and everything that I mean was OBVIOUSLY me trying to share in on the JOKES.

That's what started the argument. People taking the "I'll always be remembered" post the wrong way. That was where the mess started. End of story.
    Last edited by GoodNews!; 01-07-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNews! View Post
    ut the thread got silly and nilly. The usual members just went nuts. Sure, I took over the thread because, well, the thread was about me, I wanted to talk about my vaping experiences, that's expected. No reason for anyone to turn troll.
    Well I sure hope that "usual members" quote was not directed at me. I will admit to being one of the "usual members" and in fact one of the first to start poking at you, I have the infractions to prove it. However I made an effort to not go there (too much) on this thread, and actually thought we had a rather good back and forth a few pages back about shorts in RDA/RBA's and a battery upgrade.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast