GoodNews! - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Thread: GoodNews!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

All this boiling and stuff is confusing. I just filled a brand-new PT3 with Hawk Sauce, screwed a fresh PT3 coil in and screwed the base down. I then inserted my brandnew fresh AW IMR 18650 into my brand new fresh Provari Zombie Edition. Turned it on and set voltage at 4.1. A few primer puffs and guess what?

It will hold me until I get this Aqua Clone built.

No flavor other than Hawk Sauce had been tasted during this procedure. This Aqua on the other hand..... Is fiddly.
    Statistics show that today 1,205 Americans will die from smoking related illnesses. It happens everyday in America.

Blog Entries

I know what if I get pulled over with that stuff. Will the dogs smell it, Is it even legal? .. Jk wait I just tried it.. Tastes like silica.

Zmax v3, Flash e-vapor v2, Oddy, Rayon, 100vg, DIY, 8mg, Hangsen tobaccos. Rayon thread, VCore Thread, Zmax v3 Thread

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Asbestos4004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTX View Post
    All this boiling and stuff is confusing. I just filled a brand-new PT3 with Hawk Sauce, screwed a fresh PT3 coil in and screwed the base down. I then inserted my brandnew fresh AW IMR 18650 into my brand new fresh Provari Zombie Edition. Turned it on and set voltage at 4.1. A few primer puffs and guess what?

It will hold me until I get this Aqua Clone built.

No flavor other than Hawk Sauce had been tasted during this procedure. This Aqua on the other hand..... Is fiddly.
    There's already a clone of the Aqua?
    ProVari, VaporShark RDNA, Sigelei 100w, HexOhm V2, Reo Grand, Hana DNA 30, 4Nine, Paragon, Penny, King, Nemesis, Overdose, Stingray, Doomsday, SquapeR, Orchid, Kayfun, Taifun, Tugboat, Vulcan, PlumeVeil, Lemo, TOBH, RoseV2, VA Cyclone, Origin, Veritas, Magma, iStick

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Was this trip really necessary? Let's keep in mind what we're here for please.

Senior Member Verified Member Anthal69's Avatar

I braid my cotton before I boil it. Then, I soak it in PGA and weave it into a throw rug. I allow it to dry on a clothes line under a pine tree. After it's good and dry, I take it and put it in the trash and just grab some ekowool.

Share the cloud!! 💨💨

Senior Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos4004 View Post
    No wonky, fish butt, monkey head, drywall, cotton dust, gym sock, uncles underwear, grandmas loose elbow skin (although I hear that tastes pretty good), no alien snot, no silica feces...no bad tastes at all.
    Now that description has me all curious...and jealous..what are those flavors, and where can i get them?
    NiNi likes this.

Sorry about that Retired 1. I actually just wanted to share a coil build and got a bit side tracked. My bad.
    ProVari, VaporShark RDNA, Sigelei 100w, HexOhm V2, Reo Grand, Hana DNA 30, 4Nine, Paragon, Penny, King, Nemesis, Overdose, Stingray, Doomsday, SquapeR, Orchid, Kayfun, Taifun, Tugboat, Vulcan, PlumeVeil, Lemo, TOBH, RoseV2, VA Cyclone, Origin, Veritas, Magma, iStick

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos4004 View Post
    There's already a clone of the Aqua?
    There is, it is not too bad, threading is decent. Did not come with the extra drip tip, did not come with the hybrid pin. It did come pre built but smelled really strong of machine oil. Took 2 days soaking and rinsing then about 30 minutes with vinegar/water in the waterpic squirting through the air paths to get rid of. No Swarf though.

First build flooded, I over pressured it. Second attempt at refill did not flood, I used the upside down fill thing. But is not wicking right, need to fiddle some more. Not a bad deal for 28$ if you do not mind clones.
    Last edited by FearTX; 01-07-2014 at 02:39 AM.
    Asbestos4004 likes this.
    Statistics show that today 1,205 Americans will die from smoking related illnesses. It happens everyday in America.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTX View Post
    There is, it is not too bad, threading is decent. Did not come with the extra drip tip, did not come with the hybrid pin. It did come pre built but smelled really strong of machine oil. Took 2 days soaking and rinsing then about 30 minutes with vinegar/water in the waterpic squirting through the air paths to get rid of. No Swarf though.

First build flooded, I over pressured it. Second attempt at refill did not flood, I used the upside down fill thing. But is not wicking right, need to fiddle some more. Not a bad deal for 28$ if you do not mind clones.
    The only clone I have is a Russian 91%. I got it because I saw it in stock and I like the finish. I don't really have an opinion on clones other than if you want one, get one... if you find them offensive, don't get one. I hate the ones with logo's and serial numbers, though. Sometimes the real deal is either too expensive or impossible to get. I don't think either scenario should prevent anyone from using whatever they want. Hell, for all I know, I'm typing on a fake Dell...but it works!
    freeatlast! and FearTX like this.

Moved On
    Blog Entries

I did see the twisting method on RIP's recent video, and I was interested in trying it out, and then he said "drill", and I said "nope."

One oddity I came across too is that with a Protank head, I tried exchanging the flavor wicks for silica that I cut off a CE4 head, and while it really wasn't wicking any less or better, surprisingly enough, the flavor suddenly changed from very socky to only slightly socky, more like the results I get from the CE4's (the general result has been that CE4's and CE5's vape a little cleaner for me than Protank heads... not completely, but the difference is noticeable and a little more tolerable.) I was actually vaping on it a little bit after that.

Kinda makes me think it's just different grades of silica or something. The flavor wick can really have an effect on taste, once I put just a tad of unboiled cotton on top of a flavor wick that sat atop the Kanger coil, and the vape suddenly tasted as though I was using full on cotton for the entire set up. Entirely different taste. And not in a good way, the unboiled was extremely dusty and cotton flavored - yet the cotton wasn't really even touching the coil, I checked it multiple times before, during, and after. Had a ton of silica beneath it!

So really, at this point, meh, I just think I can taste wicking materials out the wazoo. Trust me ya'll, I know how crazy it sounds, but hey, I really did get that clean, awesome vape from my Cisco, until it gunked, then it was just naturally a bit ashy tasting. The experience I got out my Cisco was like something from any RDA'ers book, it was really heavenly! Just pure vapor, it was as though there was no wick at all! I certainly couldn't taste it, and that's just what I love, it's what really allows me to vape and, hey, it really is the truth that with the wicky tasting devices, that wicky taste funks up juice flavors into weird things like salt and medicine and everything else, and that whole wicky texture seems to make me cough something unreal.

But I'm super excited about my RDA's coming in. They're either going to prove I'm an idiot or that something is wrong with my battery. Ain't too many other directions it could go in. If I build a bad coil, I can't blame it on anyone else. But I'm hoping it'll be easier than that, I really want to vape Velvet Cloud Vapor's Candy Bar again, that juice is pretty darn good, it was the only one that even was strong enough to somewhat hold up it's original flavor on the Aspire. I've even had that juice splatter up in my mouth, and the juice itself actually tastes just like it vapes. Strangest thing.

Anyway, back to Twisted coils, they really are beautiful looking little things, well, except the tiger coil, looks more like the Frankenstein of coils, looks downright mutated and mutilated.
    Last edited by GoodNews!; 01-07-2014 at 02:58 AM.
    Anthal69 likes this.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast