GoodNews! - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Thread: GoodNews!

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

And throughout the whole Starbucks through the nose episode I tilted my clearomizer so now I'm out another $3.00. I have to walk away now, you all have completely ruined my vaping journey!! Ooops, I meant ya'll !!
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Asbestos4004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNews! View Post
    Yeah, I have one coming in from GotVapes. My battery had already been tested a couple times by a local vendor, but seeing the numbers for myself will at least be encouraging. I recently did have a PM by someone who has a degree in electronics and from what they said, there really could be some very complex issues even beyond what a voltage meter could read, that it really could be happening to me, so if the RDA just unilaterally does not yield a Cisco-like vape, then my one last chance really is trying a new battery.

But I really am praying I can get some RDA stuff to work. If it does work for me, then hey, it opens up a whole new window that I can jump through. I can finally put that mess behind me. Beyond getting a "clean" vapor, I'm really not chasing any complex flavors with my vape, if it tastes like blueberries, then blueberries are fine with me. My whole hobby side of this thing would be seeking out unique batteries like pipe mods and weird stuff like that. I never wanted to be someone wrapped up in how things taste. I have indeed gotten great flavors out of even the simplest of devices (rare times) and I thought it was going to be as simple as that. I didn't foresee any mechanical reason why a simple clearomizer could make a mint juice taste like mint wit one head and fish and insulation on another. But it happens. So often.
    stay on topic please....the only references to fish and insulation shall be done so sarcastically. You have violated the rules I've set forth on this particular thread. That's strike 1. I've got my eye on you....
    MissKitty47, Chiku and NiNi like this.
    ProVari, VaporShark RDNA, Sigelei 100w, HexOhm V2, Reo Grand, Hana DNA 30, 4Nine, Paragon, Penny, King, Nemesis, Overdose, Stingray, Doomsday, SquapeR, Orchid, Kayfun, Taifun, Tugboat, Vulcan, PlumeVeil, Lemo, TOBH, RoseV2, VA Cyclone, Origin, Veritas, Magma, iStick

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketpunk View Post
    Is he trying an RBA on an ego?!
    Yup, this is going to be good
    MissKitty47, NiNi and RubyRuby like this.

Moved On
    Blog Entries

What are some of the things that can cause shorts on these RDA's?
    snarkypaws and JeremyR like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos4004 View Post
    I just knew you'd show up. This whole thing was for you. I'm personally amazed and impressed with the restraint you've exhibited thus far. Welcome, catalinaflyer, welcome. It's ok...you're amongst friends here.
    I was actually busy over on the New Users forum helping new vendor employees with my complete and utter lack of knowledge.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Asbestos4004's Avatar

know it alls
    MissKitty47 and NiNi like this.
    ProVari, VaporShark RDNA, Sigelei 100w, HexOhm V2, Reo Grand, Hana DNA 30, 4Nine, Paragon, Penny, King, Nemesis, Overdose, Stingray, Doomsday, SquapeR, Orchid, Kayfun, Taifun, Tugboat, Vulcan, PlumeVeil, Lemo, TOBH, RoseV2, VA Cyclone, Origin, Veritas, Magma, iStick

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos4004 View Post
    stay on topic please....the only references to fish and insulation shall be done so sarcastically. You have violated the rules I've set forth on this particular thread. That's strike 1. I've got my eye on you....
    That's only b/c you're an undercover vape shop spy. You're secretly fobbing off all of this build schtick to frustrate us all into buying infoerior products from your store. That way, your boss gets rich, and we get even more frustrated and switch back to tobacco.

Talk! Name Names! Which vape shop are you working for!?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm going to assume your talking about a dripper, something like this -

If so a short can be caused if the coil touches the bottom or the metal cap. They can short against the posts and depending on where on the coil they touch you could have either a dead short or get some really wild resistance readings.

Now if your talking an RBA like this-

Then there's more places that can cause a short, the base, the cup, the chimney, the posts etc. Basically you don't want anything metal to touch the coil anywhere.
    Last edited by catalinaflyer; 01-07-2014 at 03:27 AM.
    JeremyR and NiNi like this.

Senior Member Verified Member Anthal69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catalinaflyer View Post
    And throughout the whole Starbucks through the nose episode I tilted my clearomizer so now I'm out another $3.00. I have to walk away now, you all have completely ruined my vaping journey!! Ooops, I meant ya'll !!
    Actually, the correct use of y'all in that situation would be "All Y'all". Y'all by itself is actually singular in nature.

Share the cloud!! 💨💨
    MissKitty47, Ryedan, NiNi and 2 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthal69 View Post
    Actually, the correct use of y'all in that situation would be "All Y'all". Y'all by itself is actually singular in nature.
    Well darn, I can't even get an "All Y'all" right and I thought I could vape.

(Duly scolded and going to sit in the corner with the cone of shame on my head)
    MissKitty47, Chiku, NiNi and 2 others like this.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast