GoodNews! - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Thread: GoodNews!

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

silly northerners............
    xanderxman, NiNi and catalinaflyer like this.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNews! View Post
    And yeah, my RDA is the simple kind... I'm now sort of worried about shorts, could they cause anything dangerous? I was actually off thinking that the Twists and stuff have short protection.
    I personally wouldn't trust a Twist for short protection. I'm not sure if they do but I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that they do because of the electronics involved in making them variable.

As to a short causing something dangerous - ABSOLUTELY, on an unregulated device without at least a protected cell a short can turn the battery into a roman candle.

Picture borrowed from another ECF member.
    Last edited by catalinaflyer; 01-07-2014 at 03:44 AM.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNews! View Post
    *Truly no offense, this is a joke thread after all.*
    Hey I'm trying really hard to add useful content so Retired1 will leave it unlocked for a little while.
    MissKitty47, NiNi and Asbestos4004 like this.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

Senior Member Verified Member Anthal69's Avatar

We shoot Roman candle at each other all the time out here in BFE. Ain't no harm in it.

Share the cloud!! 💨💨
    MissKitty47, boog, NiNi and 1 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

The twists I have seen claim to have short protection. I have never tested it. But as far as electricity is concerned with your twist...

Essentially your voltage is your voltage. Any other complex issues you could be having would have to do with the resistance of your atomizer. In these simple pieces of electronics the basic formulas in Ohm's and Watt's laws really are laws and really are basic. A complex issue that could be caused by your twist is over current, you will not see that unless you screw the pooch and build sub-ohm and the twist fails to have short protection, it should kick in around 1.1 ohms for it. And even it is a basic ohm's law calculation.

Not to discredit your mystery PM electronics guru friend. I have no degree in Electricity, just a few licensees and accreditations and some "vendor certifications" not in the vape industry. More along the line of Allan Bradly and Omron. I do not think they have gotten into e-cigarette technology yet.
    Last edited by FearTX; 01-07-2014 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Clarification
    MissKitty47 and Asbestos4004 like this.
    Statistics show that today 1,205 Americans will die from smoking related illnesses. It happens everyday in America.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Mayonnaise, "Mayonnaise lot's of people in here!" "You'uns can come in here un join us if'n you unto!" I'm from KS, ya'll ain't gots nutten on me!

No, Good news, the EGO's don't offer any real short circuit protection and if they get down below 1.7 ohms they go "Poof" and all the magic black smoke comes out that makes them work! It's bad ju ju I tell ya!
    EGO's are meant for the simplistic style, cartomizers and clearo's, simple and easy, which is why they are so strongly recommended for newbies. They want something they can grab and go without having to fuss with them.
    When you get into the rebuildable realm you really need to step up to one of the VV/VW mods or get into mechanical's. But I'd advise you to steer clear of the mechanical's for now.
    "I want a tattoo of a butt with a tattoo of a butt on my butt!" Beavis
    "I float like a butterfly, and poke like a flea, JACK!" Si Robertson

Senior Member Verified Member Anthal69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTX View Post
    The twists I have seen claim to have short protection. I have never tested it. But as far as electricity is concerned with your twist...

Essentially your voltage is your voltage. Any other complex issues you could be having would have to do with the resistance of your atomizer. In these simple pieces of electronics the basic formulas in Ohm's and Watt's laws really are laws and really are basic. A complex issue that could be caused by your twist is over current. And even it is a basic ohm's law calculation.

Not to discredit your mystery PM electronics guru friend. I have no degree in Electricity, just a few licensees and accreditations and some "vendor certifications" not in the vape industry. More along the line of Allan Bradly and Omron. I do not think they have gotten into e-cigarette technology yet.
    Nothing beats real world experience. My wife dropped her eGo twist in the bathtub and hit the fire button as she grabbed it out(according to her). The device was ruined, but she didn't die. Lucky me.....

Share the cloud!! 💨💨
    NiNi and catalinaflyer like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Anthal69 View Post
    We shoot Roman candle at each other all the time out here in BFE. Ain't no harm in it.

Share the cloud!! ����
    One 4th of July a neighbor and I had scored some bottle rockets, but at the end of the evening we were too drunk to stand, light and shoot them. So we sat in our lawn chairs and shot them at each other instead! He went home and complained to his wife, "Man!! My toe really hurts for some reason!" She ended up pulling out a two inch chunk of bottle rocket stem out of his big toe!!!
    AHHHHH, youth is wasted on the young!
    MissKitty47, Ryedan, NiNi and 2 others like this.
    "I want a tattoo of a butt with a tattoo of a butt on my butt!" Beavis
    "I float like a butterfly, and poke like a flea, JACK!" Si Robertson

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

the ego does have basic limit protection but should not be driven hard or shorted too much, it isnt a strong switch and can only handle a small amount of abuse before it gives out and fries the board.

this is why it is important to understand basic electric, ohms law, and properly test your coils before putting them on the mod.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 01-07-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sawlight View Post
    One 4th of July a neighbor and I had scored some bottle rockets, but at the end of the evening we were too drunk to stand, light and shoot them. So we sat in our lawn chairs and shot them at each other instead! He went home and complained to his wife, "Man!! My toe really hurts for some reason!" She ended up pulling out a two inch chunk of bottle rocket stem out of his big toe!!!
    AHHHHH, youth is wasted on the young!
    I don't care what anyone says. There is nothing like a good old-fashioned bottle rocket fight. Throw in a whistler every once in awhile for good measure and it's nothing but good times!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast