GoodNews!
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Thread: GoodNews!

Default GoodNews!

Sorry about the misleading title...no really...it was completely unintentional. ahem...ahem..

So, I was just messing around and I took 3 strands of .30 ga kanthal and twisted them together with a drill until it broke off. Then I reconnected it and twisted until it broke again. It is a very tight wrap...looks like a guitar string. I built a .9 ohm micro coil with it and mounted it in an RSST. Wick'd it with cotton. ok,ok....BOILED cotton. Why did I boil it? Because I had boiled some a while back and still have it. I had boiled cotton before KidneyPuncher started selling it! (still so funny to me) Had I been out of boiled cotton, I would've used regular old sterile cotton right out of the bag. I'm no super taster, people! Now, back to our story.....I filled the tank with RYD2 from Vapor Hut. It's supposedly a RY4 meets Hazelnut kinda thing but to me, I think it tastes like soft pretzels with a sweet after taste. Whatever it is, I love it and haven't been able to make myself sick of it yet.

The verdict? Amazing. If I could lay it on it's side or carry it in my pocket...if it could fall over without leaking, it would bump my kayfun from the top slot. Awesome flavor and vapor and the coil is very durable. It took lots of firing and squeezing with one of those squeezie thingy tools...whatever they are...(ahem)...but it was worth it. I've twisted .28 ga a lot, I've twisted .30 ga a lot, I've twisted a strand of .28 with a strand of .30, twisted ribbon with .28.......but this was the first time I twisted 3 strands together. I like it.
    No wonky, fish butt, monkey head, drywall, cotton dust, gym sock, uncles underwear, grandmas loose elbow skin (although I hear that tastes pretty good), no alien snot, no silica feces...no bad tastes at all.

Disclaimer...this thread may or may not contain inside jokes that may or may not be directed at any one individual.

Now, back to work trying to get this knock off stardust clone clearomizer that I stole from a local B&M to work. I'm going to add a flavor wick using an old bootlace. If I can add a flavor wick without having to buy one from you vendors, believe you me, I WILL! Then Me, Phil and RIP will have a hoot! Enough of this malarkey.

Almost forgot.....wether

By the way, the part about the 3 strand coil...it really does work good!
    ProVari x5, Hana V3 DNA30, VaporShark DNA30, 4nine copper, King V2, Nemesis SS & Brass, Stingray Brass & Red Copper, Panzer SS & Blackhawk, Kayfun, Taifun GT, Aqua, Stillare, TOBH, Quasar, Helios, Patriot,Magma, Atomic, ZenithV2

Super Member Verified Member Sucker_dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos4004 View Post
    Sorry about the misleading title...no really...it was completely unintentional. ahem...ahem..

So, I was just messing around and I took 3 strands of .30 ga kanthal and twisted them together with a drill until it broke off. Then I reconnected it and twisted until it broke again. It is a very tight wrap...looks like a guitar string. I built a .9 ohm micro coil with it and mounted it in an RSST. Wick'd it with cotton. ok,ok....BOILED cotton. Why did I boil it? Because I had boiled some a while back and still have it. I had boiled cotton before KidneyPuncher started selling it! (still so funny to me) Had I been out of boiled cotton, I would've used regular old sterile cotton right out of the bag. I'm no super taster, people! Now, back to our story.....I filled the tank with RYD2 from Vapor Hut. It's supposedly a RY4 meets Hazelnut kinda thing but to me, I think it tastes like soft pretzels with a sweet after taste. Whatever it is, I love it and haven't been able to make myself sick of it yet.

The verdict? Amazing. If I could lay it on it's side or carry it in my pocket...if it could fall over without leaking, it would bump my kayfun from the top slot. Awesome flavor and vapor and the coil is very durable. It took lots of firing and squeezing with one of those squeezie thingy tools...whatever they are...(ahem)...but it was worth it. I've twisted .28 ga a lot, I've twisted .30 ga a lot, I've twisted a strand of .28 with a strand of .30, twisted ribbon with .28.......but this was the first time I twisted 3 strands together. I like it.
    No wonky, fish butt, monkey head, drywall, cotton dust, gym sock, uncles underwear, grandmas loose elbow skin (although I hear that tastes pretty good), no alien snot, no silica feces...no bad tastes at all.

Disclaimer...this thread may or may not contain inside jokes that may or may not be directed at any one individual.

Now, back to work trying to get this knock off stardust clone clearomizer that I stole from a local B&M to work. I'm going to add a flavor wick using an old bootlace. If I can add a flavor wick without having to buy one from you vendors, believe you me, I WILL! Then Me, Phil and RIP will have a hoot! Enough of this malarkey.

Almost forgot.....wether

By the way, the part about the 3 strand coil...it really does work good!
    I don't care who you are that's funny, right there!

If at any time I offend you with something I post, you better suck it up, I'm going to do it again.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Pointless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Dracula View Post
    Pointless thread.
    your input is duly noted and appreciated. Can't really say I disagree. I am sorry to let you down, though.
    ProVari x5, Hana V3 DNA30, VaporShark DNA30, 4nine copper, King V2, Nemesis SS & Brass, Stingray Brass & Red Copper, Panzer SS & Blackhawk, Kayfun, Taifun GT, Aqua, Stillare, TOBH, Quasar, Helios, Patriot,Magma, Atomic, ZenithV2

Super Member Verified Member Jarbs's Avatar

so, you work for big cotton i see.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Ya owe me a 'click'!
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

Supporting Member

I just want to know wether or not there was any monkey butt flavor, you did not mention it specifically but maybe it is a taste you like. Also you could line out the steps for boiling cotton, it seems dangerous to me. Maybe something only you vendors do. I am still trying to figure out how to fit malarkey in this post.

oh wait.
    Statistics show that today 1,205 Americans will die from smoking related illnesses. It happens everyday in America.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran JeremyR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't done a triple twisted in a while. Now you got me wanting to rebuild my perfectly good coil. I'm gonna use hemp for wicking! I just found it in a ditch.

Zmax v3, Flash e-vapor v2, Oddy, Rayon, 100vg, DIY, 8mg, Hangsen tobaccos. Rayon thread, VCore Thread, Zmax v3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FearTX View Post
    I just want to know wether or not there was any monkey butt flavor, you did not mention it specifically but maybe it is a taste you like. Also you could line out the steps for boiling cotton, it seems dangerous to me. Maybe something only you vendors do. I am still trying to figure out how to fit malarkey in this post.

oh wait.
    Boiling cotton isn't a process...it's a way of life. Step one: turn stove on high. Step two: try to borrow a pot from a neighbor who doesn't like you either. Step three: call fire dept because you left your smokes by the stove when you went to the neighbors. Step four: kidneypuncher.com. Srep 5: click BUY!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    I haven't done a triple twisted in a while. Now you got me wanting to rebuild my perfectly good coil. I'm gonna use hemp for wicking! I just found it in a ditch.
    You might want to check the coming soon section on kidney puncher. I hear that pre-boiled ditch hemp is a new thing. Save you some time and risk.
    Statistics show that today 1,205 Americans will die from smoking related illnesses. It happens everyday in America.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast