Atomizer Life Spans
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Atomizer Life Spans

Inactive Supplier

Unhappy Atomizer Life Spans

I was just reading some threads and saw a lot of talk of how atomizers last 2-3 weeks. Can someone shed light on this? Do they really only last 3 weeks. I have been using the same atomizer since September. What is the average lifespan of an atomizer?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wonder View Post
    I was just reading some threads and saw a lot of talk of how atomizers last 2-3 weeks. Can someone shed light on this? Do they really only last 3 weeks. I have been using the same atomizer since September. What is the average lifespan of an atomizer?
    I'm new at this myself but from what I've read, they can last only a few weeks if you're a real heavy smoker. It also depends on the quality of the device you got. I think for an average smoker a good atomizer should last a couple months. I could be wrong though so I'll wait for someone more experienced to confirm.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Same atomiser since september? How much do you use it? Do you clean it? How?

Maybe you just have a good one, you will surely miss it when it vapes no more.

mine is only a few weeks old, but my theory is that if you run them hot, they wont last.i try to take a few puffs, then let it cool down for a min. i'll see how far this method gets me, but it stands to reason that anything overworked/overheated wont last... try driving on the highway in second gear all the time, and see how long your engine lasts.....

Senior Member ECF Veteran GabbyD's Avatar

My first one that is about six weeks old now, still works. The one I ordered with that one just died over the weekend. I got two a couple of days before Christmas and one is the lucky-super-vaper and it's still going strong. The other one died on day 4 so it's being replaced.

That's all my experience so far. We're trying to keep a couple of extras on hand and then we'll order more when one craps out, to stay ahead of the game.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have a Janty KB and a dse901. On each, after over two months of pretty heavy use, one of the dse atomizers has weakened beyond use and one of the Jantys is useful only for dripping. None has actually died. I thought the Janty had but I brought it back to fairly good performance by boiling in plain water. It won't pick up juice well from a cartridge but I get a solid hit and lots of smoke from dripping.

Not so bad for what is still a fledgling technology.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Of the atomizers I have used so far, the very worst were indeed gone at a few weeks; but I must add that those were the exceptions. A few months for the most I have had (though I do use two or three simultaniously - guess that should be counted in; also count in I use them almost non-stop on the other side though). And I think the best I had (sadly I can't get them anymore, or rather the supplier can't) went along somewhere around 6 months. How long do your Ruyan-atomizers last - I am guessing around 6 months too?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Papa Lazarou's Avatar

Since October when I started on this I've only had one atomiser fail beyond any use at all (RN4075 after about 5-6 weeks of constant use). Vapour gradually decreased and it eventually burnt out. In general if they don't fail outright, they decline in performance until its better to use a new one rather than carry on. As fiddler has posted I've got a couple which don't wick from cartridges well now, but will work OK with a brute force approach - directly dripping liquid into them.

Super Member ECF Veteran

6 hours at work for 6 weeks and counting.
    cleaned twice, vapor production good as new.
    that's my 901 atomizer (RN's actually),
    (batteries suck though,3 of 4 already dead)

can't say the same for my 2 best-ecig penstyles.
    after 3 weeks i steam-cleaned them,one died in the process.
    a week later the other produced noticable less vapor.
    (batteries still ok though,will try some RN atomizers with them)

Super Member ECF Veteran

Anywhere between 3 hours to six weeks depending how lucky you are.
    If you get caught with the Cleaning cycle it's bye bye.
    Since i've been using a usb battery i am still using the same atomiser after 6 weeks. That's the longest i've had and i think it's because there is no Cleaning Cycle and i don't have to suck like a hoover as the battery slowly dies.
    I've just started on my 14th today. Thet's since the 20th August 2008.
    But only 9 batteries. Yippee.

Must change that amount of money saved that's on that thingy below.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast