non smokers taking up vapeing?? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: non smokers taking up vapeing??

Quote Originally Posted by Moedog View Post
    LOL, Hookahs are certainly not "zero nic." They involve combustion of tobacco and as such deliver nicotine. I'd call hookah devotees "smoker wantabees," unwilling to withstand the social stigma of using conventional tobacco products.
    Why call them that? Naw, they're probably mostly just people who enjoy using hookahs. Who doesn't enjoy a good hookah now and then? But you get what you pay for. Cheap hookah's can be dangerous. And you don't ever want to be caught with a dead hookah, especially if you are a politician.
    Ryedan and Moedog like this.
    "Everything in excess. Anything worth doing once is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for monks." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Ultra Member Verified Member beckdg's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ohms Lawbreaker View Post
    Why call them that? Naw, they're probably mostly just people who enjoy using hookahs. Who doesn't enjoy a good hookah now and then? But you get what you pay for. Cheap hookah's can be dangerous. And you don't ever want to be caught with a dead hookah, especially if you are a politician.
    Ohms Lawbreaker likes this.

His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ohms Lawbreaker View Post

This is truly inspired!

Ryedan and Ohms Lawbreaker like this.
    Add musical joy to your life - Sing Barbershop Harmony

There is NO right to NOT be offended

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Moedog View Post
    LOL, Hookahs are certainly not "zero nic." They involve combustion of tobacco and as such deliver nicotine. I'd call hookah devotees "smoker wantabees," unwilling to withstand the social stigma of using conventional tobacco products.
    They do not involve tobacco combustion and in fact if you are a vaper, you can thank hookahs for pioneering your experience before you even knew what it was. Calling hookah users anything like what you said is ignorant to say the least.

Hookah smoking is the closest analog to enthusiast-level vaping. The delicious flavors and the big-cloud aesthetics are part of the hookah experience, not cigarettes.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
    Challenge accepted. Why in the hell is anyone inhaling anything other than air? WHY?!? if you just want nicotine chew the gum, wear a patch. Oh, that's right, its cool and a hobby. lol

with conviction btw
    Then why are you here? Why do you vape, if you do, instead of just breathing AIR? Why didn't you use the patch, or gum, or Chantix, or an inhaler?

Seriously. If you're so against smoking, and vaping, then why are you a part of this community. And why do you (presumably) vape?

I liked your post in the hopes you see this and reply. I agree with absolutely nothing you have posted in this thread.

My friend started vaping even though he's a non smoker and I fully support him. He's a food junkie so he got a bunch of sweet flavors to help curb his over eating.
    faile and Coelli like this.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by iamzg View Post
    My friend started vaping even though he's a non smoker and I fully support him. He's a food junkie so he got a bunch of sweet flavors to help curb his over eating.
    It works. That was one of the reasons I started even though I haven't smoked in almost 14 years (I work from home, so I have access to food all day). I've lost more than 10 pounds so far and have a better time differentiating between real hunger and "I'm bored" hunger.

I have a neighbor who started vaping when she quit drinking and it's really helped her; the owner at my local B&M has a police officer as a customer who started vaping for the same reason, and she said he also says it's been helping him stay sober.

I should add that before I started vaping I'd have a vodka-and-something or 2 or 3 almost every night and that pretty much stopped when I started vaping. I wouldn't say I had a drinking problem to begin with, but I just haven't felt like drinking when at home anymore.

So is it substituting one addiction (food, alcohol) for another? Maybe; but self-medicating seems to be a built-in urge for almost everything in the animal kingdom, humans included.
    faile likes this.
    This is my Provari. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Analog-free since April 10, 2000. Best decision ever.
    Save a Dog's Life - Leave No Paws Behind

If you're going to pick up a vice, "vaping" is a great one out of many, many, many bad ones. Although I do not support adding nicotine to any juice you may use. If it was as simple as to answer yes or no to if a non smoker should start using one, the answer is no. JUST a slightly similar comparison:

If a drinker switches from alcoholic beverages to a non-alcohol drink to become healthier with essentially the same habit, it's a very good thing. Although, it's wouldn't be the same for someone who doesn't drink to pick up the non-alcohol habit. It'd just be an opportunity to become more involved in it. It would be moving the same direction it did for us (used to be smokers), we started with smokes, got worse and worse, then we moved on to vaping and it's been great! With them (non-ex smoker new vapers), it'd be starting off vaping 0-nic, then, just a little nic, then more nic perhaps, then so on and so forth. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tom1919 View Post
    Is this going on? Are non smokers getting into vapeing and justifying it by just getting 0mg or 6mg of nic?? Does that make it ok?

Id love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Ive only been vapeing 2 weeks but ive already gathered a press full of goodies ive got two egos and a twist, about 10 bottles of juice an evod, two aspire bdc minis and a .... load of ce4s and drip tips. Anyways the missus never smoked, however she keeps picking them up 'let me taste this let me taste that' i dont want to encourage it tbh, (selfishly) i would love a vapeing buddy though haha
    I don't support non smoker getting addicted to nicotine and I'm a bit ambivalent about him taking up vaping generally.
    Most of us are ex-smokers , we started vaping to switch into an healthier alternative for an addiction that started when we were younger and stupid and to be honest I wouldn't start vaping if I didn't smoke first.
    jm1974ri likes this.

I have a couple of non smoker buddies walking around with mech mods

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast