non smokers taking up vapeing?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 105
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: non smokers taking up vapeing??

  1. #21
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Ken_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,840
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom1919 View Post
    Point taken, but nicotine is highly addictive compared to alcohol so the comparison you gave isnt entirely relevant
    um... actually, it isn't highly addictive. or it is... IF you say that caffeine is highly addictive compared to alcohol.

    Educate yourself before accepting the "popular opinion" given to us by those organizations that want to regulate vaping out of existence.

    FAQ: Nicotine (tobaccoharmreduction.org)
    The effects of nicotine itself are similar to that other popular drug, caffeine. See our (nicotine reading list.)There is no evidence that nicotine causes any substantial risk for cancer, and the research shows that the risk for cardiovascular disease is minimal. The confusion about nicotine comes from anti-smoking activists talking about nicotine and smoking as if they were the same. While it is true that people smoke mostly because of nicotine; nicotine users die mostly because of the smoke.
    The more you KNOW, the better prepared you can be.

    a better statement is:
    Nicotine and Caffeine are equally addictive.
    faile, mattiem, Ryedan and 8 others like this.
    Ken A. Best smoking day of my life! Friday, Nov 2 2012. (The last time I smoked)
    Daily action plan https://www.facebook.com/VapingDaily...ref=ts&fref=ts

    The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? onVaping

  2. #22
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ireland (portlaoise)
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flavorfart View Post
    I'm 18 was a non smoker but started to vape was curious about it and I enjoy it (0mg Nic) still would never touch a analog they are just disgusting and plus I get irritated by them lol(allergies)


    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    Fair play to you. Sounds like you have a head on your shoulders

  3. #23
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ireland (portlaoise)
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_A View Post
    um... actually, it isn't highly addictive. or it is... IF you say that caffeine is highly addictive compared to alcohol.

    Educate yourself before accepting the "popular opinion" given to us by those organizations that want to regulate vaping out of existence.

    FAQ: Nicotine (tobaccoharmreduction.org)

    The more you KNOW, the better prepared you can be.

    a better statement is:
    Nicotine and Caffeine are equally addictive.
    We wernt talking about caffeine though?? You were makeing a comparison between smoking fags and having an odd beer or glass of wine. I stand by my statement that nicotine is highly addictive and im educated enough due to the fact that ive been putting it in my body for over ten years. Also you twisted that to make it sound like i was on side with those who want to ban vaping.. Come on man?? Why would i be here??
    DaveOno likes this.

  4. #24
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Parma,OH
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_A View Post
    um... actually, it isn't highly addictive. or it is... IF you say that caffeine is highly addictive compared to alcohol.

    Educate yourself before accepting the "popular opinion" given to us by those organizations that want to regulate vaping out of existence.

    FAQ: Nicotine (tobaccoharmreduction.org)

    The more you KNOW, the better prepared you can be.

    a better statement is:
    Nicotine and Caffeine are equally addictive.



    true they both work the same exact way except they bind to different receptors of the brain but nonetheless have the same effect that's why withdrawl symptoms for both are similar and just as hard to quite in extream cases for caffeine nicotine I believe has a shorter half life makes you need it more unlike caffiene both can also kill why isn't caffiene regulated? Hmmm...





    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ireland (portlaoise)
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I agree with you there, i know ive certainly had cafeine withdrawels if i dont get my coffee. Its nothing to withdrawels when comming off the cigs cold turkey though. In my mind "cigerettes" are much much more adictive than coffee and to say nicotine doesnt play a major role there and that its the corporations that want us to think that is a conspiricy theory.

  6. #26
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    jp_cfc09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    302

    Default

    honestly its the individuals choice at any age to do what they want, be it drinking, drugs, smokeing, vapeing. in a ideal world no one under age would do these things but it does and always will happen. I feel someone who wants to vape but hasnt smoked arnt any worse then I was when I decided to smoke instead of not smokeing. all you can really do is advise 0mg nic juice and hope they stay off nic really but if they smoked you cant really say that can you. so even though its not the best to start vapeing if you didnt smoke, its better then just starting to smoke cigarettes.

    people like the feel of vapeing and getting a nicotine fix same way we all smoked to get our nicotine fix. as I said in a ideal world no one under age would do these things but also no one smoke either so to me it isnt fair to judge others choices as we never made the right ones either. i know i was told not to smoke, drink alcohol, do drugs but at the end of the day i never listened and many dont lol.
    faile, RosaJ and DetraMental like this.

  7. #27
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Ken_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,840
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom1919 View Post
    We wernt talking about caffeine though?? You were makeing a comparison between smoking fags and having an odd beer or glass of wine. I stand by my statement that nicotine is highly addictive and im educated enough due to the fact that ive been putting it in my body for over ten years. Also you twisted that to make it sound like i was on side with those who want to ban vaping.. Come on man?? Why would i be here??
    heh - nope. I was not making a comparison between smoking and having an odd beer. That was someone else.

    And I'm not saying you are on the dark side. I'm just saying that you need to educate yourself so you do not fall into their traps.

    I honestly think that Smoking is an addiction. Nicotine is a Habit.
    addictions are things that cause harm to other people because you cannot stop
    Habits do not cause harm to other people.
    faile, Ryedan, DetraMental and 1 others like this.
    Ken A. Best smoking day of my life! Friday, Nov 2 2012. (The last time I smoked)
    Daily action plan https://www.facebook.com/VapingDaily...ref=ts&fref=ts

    The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? onVaping

  8. #28
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    jp_cfc09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    302

    Default

    addiction definition
    noun

    1.

    the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity.

    "he committed the offence to finance his drug addiction"

    synonyms:dependency,.dependence,.craving,.habit,.w eakness,.compulsion,.fixation,enslavement.
    DetraMental likes this.

  9. #29
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Are non smokers picking up cigarettes and thereby becoming smokers?... Yes it happens everyday...

    If a person picks up an ego kit and vapes 0mg, be happy that its an ego with 0mg juice in it and not a pack of cigs


    __________________________
    M16 helio 0,35
    Galileo helio/chimbus 0,5/0,4
    Bolt carto tank
    Vamo vivi/protank
    Kts+ igo-w 0,7

  10. #30
    Senior Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Collinsville, OK
    Posts
    227

    Default

    I think adults can make their own decisions. I would any adult I know if they wanted to try vaping. If they were a non-smoker I would definitely encourage 0 nicotine. Now would I attempt to encourage a non-smoker to take up vaping? No. Vaping can become a habit, if not an addiction, regardless of the nicotine content. I would never encourage anyone to pick up a "habit", even if "I" think it's harmless, but I would never interfere with an adults right to choose what they wish or wish not to do. On a side note....... I think, to a degree, that "fad" vapers are part of what is bringing on a lot of the attempt to regulate. I mean smokers and non-smokers alike. The ones that want to vape simply because they think it's "cool" or the "in" thing to do. Don't get me wrong, I think governments and tobacco companies would have eventually tried to step in once they realized they could capitalize from it, and that the tobacco companies were losing money to it, but I think the "fad" vapers definitely sped up the process. Just my opinion.

    Boy, there's a lot of " " in there! Would have gotten hand cramps from doing air quotes if I had said that out loud (if I actually ever were to use ridiculous air quotes). Lol =P
    chinolofus likes this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks