non smokers taking up vapeing?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: non smokers taking up vapeing??

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_A View Post
    So far, there is no evidence to suggest increased health risks to vaping.
    Then again, all the studies I have heard about compare vaping to smoking. It would be interesting to get a few studies on the health risks of vaping alone.
    It would be.

Perhaps as time goes by, some Long Term Studies will start to surface.

Especially with regards to the Long Term use of inhaling Flavorings, Colorants and Artificial Sweeteners.

Which, IMO, may pose the Greatest Risk in the Long Run.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tom1919 View Post
    I think everybody is of the same general opinion then, is that fair? Adults make there own decisions and if they wana do it why not, but keep it to the zero nic, underagers is a no no because . . . (because it just is ok!! So stop giving cheek you little ....)
    Lol.
    Still im on the fence myself a small bit though, i think non smokers never enjoyed the habbit of putting something to there mouth and inhaleing it into there lungs to relax and enjoy the feel of it. Isnt there something in that thats addictive in it self? And maybe , just maybe it might make the odd non smoker Think of an analogue, where as they might not ever have before
    I agree in that smoking is an all emcompassing habit. Not just the nicotine, but the social, emotional, psychological aspects, the physical hand to mouth behavior. All is part of the same addiction. And we all had/have triggers we associate with this behavior.
    This, to me, is what makes ecigs pure genius as it covers all aspects of the 'addiction'.

As to telling an adult what to do? Good luck with that.
    just my 2 pennies.

Last edited by Sugar_and_Spice; 01-24-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    zoiDman, DetraMental and beckdg like this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I don't see a major issue with 0 nic juice and non smokers. Underage people should hold off on vaping until they are of age unless perhaps they are already are heavy smokers and want to stop (we all know there are some young people who smoke). I do see vaping as reduced risk to smoking. Maybe not completely free of risk, but what is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DetraMental and Steamer861 like this.
    Nemesis clone, Kayfun Lite Plus clone, Trident clone, iTaste SVD, Vamo v2 in black chrome, eGo 650 mah x2, eGo 900 mah, V3 stardusts, V3 vivi nova, Aspire ET-S BDC, Aspire ET-S (Pirex), Protank II

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_and_Spice View Post
    I agree in that smoking is an all emcompassing habit. Not just the nicotine, but the social, emotional, psychological aspects, the physical hand to mouth behavior. All is part of the same addiction. And we all had/have triggers we associate with this behavior.
    This, to me, is what makes ecigs pure genius as it covers all aspects of the 'addiction'.

As to telling an adult what to do? Good luck with that.
    just my 2 pennies.

Very Well Put Sugar_and_Spice.
    Sugar_and_Spice and beckdg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer861 View Post
    I disagree with this ! i switched to decafe coffee no problem(8 big cups a day coffee drinker) 4 hours with out my nicotine and I am a going nuts!
    i think nicotine is totally addictive
    One thing to remember here, decaffeinated coffee is not the same as caffeine free coffee.

Decaf Coffee Isn't Caffeine-Free

Most decaffeinated coffee does contain caffeine.

Does that mean nicotine and caffeine have the same addictive properties, my opinion is no, but I will get bad headaches if I have no caffeine. When I smoked cigarettes, I couldn't quite cold turkey no matter what, but with vaping, I can go longer periods without having problems than when I was smoking. I personally am not willing to put it to the test to see what I'm more addicted to, I just know that I'm addicted to both.

As for non-vapors / non-smokers who want to start, if they are adults they have to make that choice. I would rather they stay away from both, but I think vaping is much better than smoking, so given the choice, I think they should vape. if they want to use nicotine when they vape, again, they are adults and can make their own decisions.

When it comes to kids and vaping or smoking, I have a different opinion. Kids are the responsibility of their parents. I applaud vapor shops that will not sell to minors, and I think that is a good policy. If a child wants to vape, have the parents take responsibility for it and either they will allow it and buy the equipment for their children or they will not allow it. The only requirement here would be that parents would have to take responsibility for it, and that will not happen in a lot of cases.

Unless we legislate parent responsibility (which I am extremely opposed to even considering), I think it is a better option to never sell to minors and to confiscate the equipment on school grounds etc.

Very few of us would say it is ok for a 10 year old to go and buy a bottle of Vodka. We have to draw a line somewhere, and currently the line is either 18 or 21 (in the US) depending on the product. If we are going to say that kids should be able to vape, we should be saying they should be able to smoke and drink also. I think this is a bad road to go down because children are still developing physically and mentally. Maybe there should be a different line (14, 16) for vaping, but I personally don't think so.

My opinion, 18 to smoke, 18 to vape.

Sorry for the rant and getting off the soapbox of pretentiousness and self-righteousness now.
    DetraMental likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

A lot of kids pick up smoking because they want,to look cool. It would be much better if they snuck omg vaping. I'm not advocating selling to underage kids, but if my grandchild were to to pick one, I'd rather it be vaping. Kids are always going to experiment, but hopefully they don't.
    RosaJ likes this.

This is a very interesting discussion. I'm technically a "non-smoker". I don't smoke cigarettes (never have), only cigars and pipes, and that is 2-4 times a month, tops. I don't smoke for nicotine and I vape 0 strength juices.

I really enjoy the taste of tobacco, and I find the processing of sucking smoke into my mouth and letting it drift away to be very enjoyable. I like vaping for the same reasons (although it doesn't really taste like tobacco). I even use herbal snuff on a regular basis because I like the simulated tobacco flavor (although it's usually too sweet), even though real dip makes me violently ill.

So as a non-smoker, neither smoking nor vaping has ever been about the nicotine for me. It's about the ritual and sensation, mostly.

Sometimes I'm concerned about the effect of inhaling vapor into my lungs, so I try not to inhale the vapor all the time-- usually just suck into my mouth and exhale it out my nose to get the flavor. I've read a few studies that say it irritates the bronchial passages slightly every time you do it, increasing airflow resistance. In the short term it's not that big of a deal, but I love my body, and I don't want to hurt it.

I definitely smoke less when I vape juices I like, but I also vape more than I ever smoke. So it's kind of a dilemna...
    quendelyn and Rburne1 like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I've just got to ask,

Your wife isn't called kaye by any chance?

Don't mind me, just having a huge coincidence.

:-)

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It amazes me how much the opinion has changed in the year I've been a member on the forum. It used to be any non nicotine user was just about run off the forum.

I'm glad things have lightened up. Adults should be free to decide what they do to or put into their own body. Use nicotine if you want, I enjoy it why should I or anyone else tell another adult person not to.

Underage, I am undecided on. 0mg nic I've got no problem with. My gut wants me to say no to nicotine, but I can't make a good argument for that position. It doesn't impair judgment like alcohol and affects the body similar enough to caffeine and they are allowed to buy all the soda or coffee that they want.
    Of course I believe their parents should have the final say in it, even if the law allows for it.

Hiding mobile.
    Last edited by Hiding; 02-21-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Ryedan likes this.

My brother in law was very intrigued by my vaping and whenever we would drink together he would ask to hit my vape every once in a while. He is not and never has been a cigarette smoker. He recently purchased a cheap ego and a couple of flavors saying "sometimes I just feel like smoking something." Although he isn't a cig smoker he is a moderate (albeit every day) ......... smoker. According to my sister, he is smoking less of that stuff now. I guess he really did enjoy the simple act of smoking and before vaping the best choice for him was pot.

I honestly thought it was kinda stupid of him to take up vaping when he wasn't a smoker. But if vaping has lessened his interest in an illicit drug then I have to admit it's totally worth it.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast