Dr Farsalinos crowfunding campaign and research - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Dr Farsalinos crowfunding campaign and research

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I donated, and am expressing my gratitude in this post, but it's simply not enough.

I can't even begin to thank you for all you're doing for our community.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the ECF, Dr. Farsalinos, and many thanks for all your hard work!

One question I have - has anyone studied the effect of vapor on the bacteria and viruses in breath? It seems like I get fewer colds, etc. since I switched to vaping over 4 years ago, so I wonder if an e-cig user's breath is any cleaner in that regard.
    Last edited by pianoguy; 01-25-2014 at 02:00 AM.
    Uma likes this.

Super Member Verified Member NerdVap0r's Avatar

learned alot watching this interview, Good work and thx for the knowledge.

Uma and Brooklyn Hudson like this.

Full Member Verified Member Lord_Fubar's Avatar

I learned about this project from watching Vape Team Live podcast (same as above) and as a DIY I really would like to know just what it is I'm buying. I donated right after the show was over.
    Uma and Brooklyn Hudson like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
    Thanks, Konstantinos, for the update.

ECF members: We will interview Dr. Farsalinos at some point in the very near future, so if there are any questions you have for him, please use this thread to raise them and we will pose them to him.

SJ
    Is there a written overview or proposal out there somewhere for this current study? If there is I'm not finding it and only getting obtuse messages about "things we are all concerned about" or are supposed to know we are supposed to be concerned about. Looking for a write up of the specifics of what this current research is looking for in liquids.

Demon Hunter Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I can't thank you enough for everything you do for this industry and the vaping community. It's people like you who will win this war we are all in. The truth is the best weapon we have.
    I Support the Innovators

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Definitely following this thread. Thank you Dr. F

Thank you for your work Dr. Farsalinos! I am delighted that you now have a presence in this forum. We await with much anticipation your findings in these studies.
    Uma likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Konstantinos Farsalinos posted an announcement 3 days ago [on the indiegogo site]:

Announcement

As you may have seen, we have reached our funding goal. We thank everyone for their support. We are not waiting for the campaign to end; we are already collecting samples from all over the world, which will be sent for testing. We will increase the number of samples tested. Additionally, the extra funding allows us to test some samples on vapor, which will give us crucial information. Finally, in case we have enough funds by the end of the crowdfunding campaign, we are going to proceed with another protocol (from the many we have already designed but were unable to perform due to lack of funding).Therefore...

I encourage you to continue sharing and discussing about this crowdfunding campaign to the social media and websites. All funds will be used for research (for this and other projects). During 2013 we published 7 studies in peer-review journals and we presented more in international medical conferences. We believe our research had a significant impact in tobacco harm reduction and e-cigarettes field. We want to continue in this way during 2014. The more funds we get, the more research we are going to perform.

We thank you for your amazing support and we hope you will continue to support us.
    RosaJ and InTheClouds like this.

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm with Rickajho.

Could someone point us somewhere where we can get an overview of what EXACTLY this is going to uncover, what the goals are and how they will impact manufacturing and sales and a timeline of when we can expect results and disclosure?

This is obviously very exciting for vapers (or not, depending on the results) but I would love to see the parameters and goals if they are out there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast