Thread: Dr Farsalinos crowfunding campaign and research

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Bump for clarification?

Super Member* Verified Member Don Robertson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redddog View Post
    I'm with Rickajho.

Could someone point us somewhere where we can get an overview of what EXACTLY this is going to uncover, what the goals are and how they will impact manufacturing and sales and a timeline of when we can expect results and disclosure?

This is obviously very exciting for vapers (or not, depending on the results) but I would love to see the parameters and goals if they are out there.
    It's "research" and could uncover a multitude of specifics and unknowns; good, bad, unclear and so on; there is no "EXACTLY" - simply goals: "Scientific research for the detection of potentially harmful ingredients in e-cigarette liquids. Examining the extent of the problem and providing the solution."

So ----- Not certain if this will do it for you - but it's a good place to begin (the source). Go read:

Electronic cigarette liquids analysis-evaluating potentially harmful ingredients | Indiegogo

Senile Old Man Don

NAP TIME!
    Last edited by Don Robertson; 02-04-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    InTheClouds likes this.
    STOP FDA CONTROL! Join CASAA today! http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Full Member Verified Member Kathibg57's Avatar

You are doing our community a great service! I would, personally, like to thank you for that. Keep up the great work! I'm sure that the workload is often times overwhelming...the fund raising, the details required to simply organize the myriad minutiae of information necessary to set up research like this, the time and energy involved...so, from a small faction of this community, I applauded you...
    Thank You Dr. Farsalinos and your research assistants!
    onjre likes this.
    Sent from my iPad typing on a virtual keyboard with two thumbs!

ECF Veteran

My heartfelt thanks go out to you Dr. Farsalinos. It is a great comfort knowing we have an advocate in our corner researching and providing us with scientific facts and evidence. I will be looking forward to your findings.
    June 13, 2013 My life has a superb cast, if I could just figure out the plot.
    Vaping in Reoville

ECF Veteran

Does anyone have any idea of the status of this? It seems like he could have had several vendors samples by now. Did he ever give an idea of when we could expect some results?

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by redddog View Post
    Does anyone have any idea of the status of this? It seems like he could have had several vendors samples by now. Did he ever give an idea of when we could expect some results?
    This is the latest update I've received (2/8/13):

We would like to announce that the first samples have already arrived at the laboratory and the analysis will start on Monday February 8. We have collected more than 150 samples from all over the world.

As we have already mentioned, the extra funds will be used for a second research experiment, in which we will assess the delivery of nicotine from the liquid to the vapor of commonly used atomizers available in the market.

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Moved On Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Oh wow that is awesome! I didn't even see this until now being new here, but this would be revolutionary for the e cig industry! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AgentAnia likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by pman3255 View Post
    Oh wow that is awesome! I didn't even see this until now being new here, but this would be revolutionary for the e cig industry! Good luck....
    Haven't "met" you yet here, pman, so welcome!

Dr. Farsalinos is a well-respected researcher and one of vaping's staunchest allies. You might be interested in checking out his website, Ecigarette Research Advocates Group, and subscribing to his newsletter: Home
    Last edited by AgentAnia; 02-26-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo, that's all...
    patkin and No Nic Chick like this.

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Moved On Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAnia View Post
    Haven't "met" you yet here, pman, so welcome!

Dr. Farsalinos is a well-respected researcher and one of vaping's staunchest allies. You might be interested in checking out his website, Ecigarette Research Advociates Group, and subscribing to his newsletter: Home
    Oh thank you for the tips! I will definitely check him out and check out his research. That is very cool what he is doing.

And no I don't believe we have met! I'm glad to be here thanks for the warm welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AgentAnia likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

An important new study was published yesterday by Dr Farsalinos and his team, comparing blood nicotine concentrations from cigalikes versus the Evic in experienced e-cig users. It is summarized here (also contains link to full version of the paper).

I expected higher nicotine absorption from the EVIC with 18 mg/ml at 9 watts. What do you think?

Would anyone like to suggest an alternative, widely available e-cig model that could acheive higher blood nicotine levels?
    peraspera and Coldrake like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast