Dr Farsalinos crowfunding campaign and research
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Dr Farsalinos crowfunding campaign and research

Default Dr Farsalinos crowfunding campaign and research

Dear vapers/ECF members

First of all, i want to thank you for the tremendous support on our crowdfunding campaign. We did not expect to be already over-funded, less than 10 days after this campagn was initiated.
    We believe that this study will introduce significant changes in the e-cigarette industry and will make products better and safer for consumers.
    I encourage you to follow the campaign and especially the updates page, in which we announce all funding that was not recieved through this crowdfunding but by other routes.
    I take the opportunity to thank ECF for contributing $1000 to this campaign.
    As you may have seen, this campaign is overfunded. We are NOT going to keep the money or use for anything else besides research. Therefore, we have already raised the nr of e-liquid samples we will test to approximately 150. We will additionally test some samples on vapor, by using commercially available devices, produce vapor, trap and recondense it and measure the levels of these substances present in vapor (which is extremely important). We are also thinking of adding a third substance to be tested in the liquid samples (we are discussing this with the laboratory).
    Moreover, as you know, we have several protocols which we have already designed but have not been performed due to lack of funding. It is the time to work on some of them. We may be able to perform a protocol comparing the nicotine delivery to vapor-potential of new-generation atomizers (clearomizers like EVOD, Kanger T3 etc) compared to prefilled cartos and 1st generation devices. We think that clearomizers are much more consistent in nicotine delivery (there are studies showing that prefilled cartos are pretty bad in this). We think we may have the funds to proceed with this protocol after we complete our current project.

I encourage you to continue following and sharing this crowdfunding campaign. The more we will collect, the more testings we will be able to perform.

I am sure that most of you have a lot of questions to ask. I hope you understand that it is impossible for me to answer to each one of you personally, due to lack of time. I am doing my best to be able to cope with all this workload with very little help from colleagues and assistants.

Thank you for everything. We will continue to work in order to obtain as many information as possible about e-cigarettes and their safety/risk profile. We are determined and will always publish everything we find.
    Last edited by KFarsalinos; 01-24-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    low_tar_neil, Cuando, DC2 and 36 others like this.

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to ECF, Dr. Farsalinos!

Thanks for doing this much needed research.

(I donated last week)

Super Member Verified Member itskohler's Avatar

I'll be keeping my eye on this.
    Way2Gone likes this.
    VW owner - Coast Guard member - Cyclist

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Thanks for everything you do Dr. Farsalinos! I made a contribution earlier, and I plan to make another at the end of the month. I'm so thrilled that your crowd funding went well. It was amazing to see those totals grow every day. I know there were many large contributions from some sources, but every contribution (even $1) adds to the total and sends a message from us as the users.
    SmokeyJoe likes this.

If you are in the Cincinnati area, check out Tri-State Vapers on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/558079797581550/

Blog Entries

Looking forward to seeing the findings of your study

Dr. F, Thank you for everything your doing to help get cold hard facts to point legislators in the right direction.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ECF Founder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Konstantinos, for the update.

ECF members: We will interview Dr. Farsalinos at some point in the very near future, so if there are any questions you have for him, please use this thread to raise them and we will pose them to him.

SJ

A thousand thanks for this and everything you do for the industry Dr!
    Cuando likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thank you for your good work!

Excellent news that there will be funds to test even more things.
    onjre likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast