Vapers Breath???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Vapers Breath???

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Vapers Breath???

I was at my chiropractor today and told him I'd quit smoking (after he told me I looked like I'd gained a few pounds over the winter, LOL). We were chatting and he mentioned that he didn't miss the smell of smoke on my clothes or my breath. I got that for sure! On the way home, vaping Monkey Business in the car, I started to wonder does a vaper's breath smell like chocolate/banana, vanilla, creme brulee, etc. Since I can't smell my own breath and there is no one here to test it for me other than my dogs (and their breath..well....), thought I'd ask if anyone had ever told any of you that your breath smelled of whatever you'd been vaping (or your kisses). Inquiring minds want to know.
    Kor 214I likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran element9633's Avatar

Hmmmm never though about it! I havnt had any girls make note of my breath after vaping then kissing, then again I havnt kissed THAT many girls in the couple months I have been vaping #nogame

but I can say, I know the smell lingers in rooms! all my friends make comments about my "banana runt" air freshener when they get in my car lol
    Kemosabe, Jhutt, Joeseff and 2 others like this.

yes, the flavor most certainly lingers in your mouth. my fiancee likes to guess which flavor i was vaping when she gets a smooch from me after ive been vaping. so that part is good. but, there is a flip side. if/after vaping extensively and not properly re-hydrating yourself, your mouth can dry out. ive noticed that if my mouth drys out enough, bad breath emerges. so its a give-and-take.
    meanckz likes this.

I had some raspberry lemonade juice from pink spot and my girl told me she could taste it on my tongue. It was super strong flavoured and really sour though... never had anyone say anything about the smell of my breath yet

Senior Member ECF Veteran element9633's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    if/after vaping extensively and not properly re-hydrating yourself, your mouth can dry out. ive noticed that if my mouth drys out enough, bad breath emerges. so its a give-and-take.
    this ^ I always forget to drink enough water im going to purchase a Nalgene bottle just to have some water by my side to sip on all day
    Kemosabe likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran BostonJim's Avatar

Depending on what you vape, you can get real bad buzzard breath. I mean you could knock flies off a port-a-pottie. So I learned. I now keep a few breath savers handy.
    zapped and meanckz like this.
    I will NOT be bullied by the antismoking brigade anymore

Senior Member Verified Member Jhutt's Avatar

Good question, I know being crammed in my little barracks room here in Korea my whole room smells like "syrup" people say. For the kissing, well I will not incriminate myself because my fiance is back in the states
    meanckz and Zurd like this.

I used to keep a bottle of water handy or prepare some chewing gum in my bags.
    LEDBETTER122 likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran YuckMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vape flavors will linger. However, depending on your oral hygiene your breath might actually get worse with vaping than it was when you smoked. Smoking makes your breath smell like an ash tray, but it also makes it nearly impossible for most halitosis causing bacteria to live in your mouth. Some e-liquids may do the same, but some will just provide food for the bacteria and might actually cause your breath to be worse. It all depends on what flavors you're using, but I wouldn't consider vaping to be a breath freshener.
    Last edited by YuckMan; 03-11-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Full Member Verified Member littleconvertible's Avatar

I was vaping some strong tobacco, The Cellar's Minotaur, which I actually like for a strong spicy kick and my husband said my kiss smelled like a cigar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast