Need some advice on buying a smaller ecig/MOD for outdoor use. Please.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need some advice on buying a smaller ecig/MOD for outdoor use. Please.

Full Member Verified Member Howester84's Avatar

Default Need some advice on buying a smaller ecig/MOD for outdoor use. Please.

Hi folks, I have just purchased an innokin iTaste SVD mod (18650 battery). I love it, but it's huge. Too big for work and general outdoor activities. Can anyone advise me on a smaller ecig that has a similar kick as the SVD. Currently vaping the SVD at 15w (highest setting), using grizwalds black cat 30mg juice. I want something up to a maximum of 100. I heard the iTaste MVP 2 is good. How big is it? can I stick it in my pocket or on a lanyard?. Any help greatly appreciated. Ta!

>>>EDIT: I just vaped at 11w and found that this setting is perfect to meet my needs. So anything from 11w upwards would be great.
    Last edited by Howester84; 03-18-2014 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Changed voltage need

Ultra Member Verified Member Bigflyrodder's Avatar

It isn't all that big, about the size of a US pack of cigarettes I guess but it only goes up to 11 watts other than that it would be a good choice. There are many tube style mods that will go up to 15 and will run on an 18350 which cuts down on the size, your SVD can't adjust down to that battery size? I thought it could.
    Howester84 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Recycled Roadkill's Avatar

An SVD with a 18350 battery will shorten it about 1 1/4 from one using a 18650. The VTR (another innokin box mod) will work at 15 watts with a 18650 and may be a better choice for what you're wanting to do. They are kind of heavy but tend to fit better in a front pants pocket well.
    Howester84 and Halcyon2501 like this.

Well over Sixteen Thousand cigarettes NOT smoked and over $4000.00 savings in just 12 months. There's your milestone!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

unfortunately not much is going to be smaller than a mod in 18350 mode...most mods are all going to be about the same height due to the battery size....you could try a smaller tank

if you want something small to carry around you could try a vv 350 ego
    Howester84 likes this.

New Vapor Info & Low Priced Starter Gear | The Good, The Bad and The WT_ Was That Juice
    Vaping = $1,500, Shirts Saved From Cigarette Burns, PRICELESS!

Ultra Member Verified Member Bigflyrodder's Avatar

You won't get 15watts out of it but if you want small, and I mean small, set up an HCigar Nemesis clone in 18350 mode. I did that the other night for kicks with a KFL+ on it and the only part showing was the driptip. Had to hold the mod and KFL like it was one unit to be able to fire it with one hand it was so small...lol.
    Howester84 likes this.

Thanks for the advice people. I will order a smaller battery 18350 for now. Just looked up the innokin VTR. At the size of a pack of cigarettes that may be the way forward.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I like the ItasteIII. It's about the same size as an ego, is square and is vv/vw and is made by Innokin. Sorry, I don't know how high the wattage can be set on it.

The VTR is a great design, but also quite heavy.
    Last edited by tearose50; 03-18-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadav View Post
    unfortunately not much is going to be smaller than a mod in 18350 mode...most mods are all going to be about the same height due to the battery size....you could try a smaller tank

if you want something small to carry around you could try a vv 350 ego
    Thank you Shadav, I wasn't aware aware of that. Currently using the iClear30 Tank which is pretty hefty. My SVD was an upgrade to my EVOD 650mah. The EVOD wasn't giving me the kick I needed to keep going. Although the size of the EVOD was great.

I just tried my SVD at 11w and the hit was enough. When I got the SVD yesterday I instantly set it to the highest, thinking for me I would need the strongest setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigflyrodder View Post
    It isn't all that big, about the size of a US pack of cigarettes I guess but it only goes up to 11 watts other than that it would be a good choice. There are many tube style mods that will go up to 15 and will run on an 18350 which cuts down on the size, your SVD can't adjust down to that battery size? I thought it could.
    Thanks I think an MVP 2 or VTR is going to be the ecig of choice. Turns out I got the biggest battery with my SVD I thought the batteries went up is power not size. Doh! Thanks for the info mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast