Best 18650 protected battery?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best 18650 protected battery?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Best 18650 protected battery?

I need to buy some 18650 protected batteries and I was wondering which battery has the highest, most consistent output, or best overall performance?

Is it simply a matter of mAh's, so the best performing 18650 is the Ultrafire 3000 mAh? Or do some brands perform better than others, such as AW or Tenergy out performs UltraFire or TrustFire for example? Or is the bottom line that they all perform the same, buy whatever is on sale?

PV Master Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

I've not yet used any 18650 battery, but Porphy speaks very highly of the Ultrafire 3000 mAh (I think he uses the word 'love') in his video review of Carlos49's Juice Box:
    "I am, therefore I think ... differently from most apparently." Don DaBoomVape

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

Usually the Ultrafires and Spiderfires and Trustfires and SureFires are all much more less then the advertised capacity.

Most of the under 2400 mark hold less then 2000mAh. The Ultrafire 3000 and Trustfire 2400 in red and black seem to be the best you can buy from DX. Both are very near to 2400mAh (usually at 2300mAh).

I personally prefer the trustfire ones: DealExtreme: $9.99 TrustFire Protected 18650 3.7V True 2400mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack)
    Bought already over 50pc. and all were over 2200mAh capacity.

PS: 2300 seems to be the most capacity a 18650 can hold using the now available technology. Anything over 2300 is a bonus. Serious battery producers don't sell anything rated over 2200 if I am not that much mistaken.
    Kimberultra2 likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

So you are saying the UltraFire 3000 mAh is in fact a 2200-2300 mAh battery just like the TrustFire 2400 mAh? How can UltraFire get away with rating their battery at 3000 mAh, especially when according to you it is not possible to produce 18650's with anything over 2300 mAh capacity?

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lubes View Post
    So you are saying the UltraFire 3000 mAh is in fact a 2200-2300 mAh battery just like the TrustFire 2400 mAh? How can UltraFire get away with rating their battery at 3000 mAh, especially when according to you it is not possible to produce 18650's with anything over 2300 mAh capacity?
    Is this really your first exposure to exaggerated marketing claims?
    PTJH likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DonDaBoomVape View Post
    Is this really your first exposure to exaggerated marketing claims?
    ditto!!! -- C'mon... we're all seasoned adults here....no??

Super Member ECF Veteran

I use the tenergy 18650 with pcb (protection coating something) and they work just fine, I would not recomend the tenergy rcr123a's as they are doing nothing but pissing me off at the moment. they keep shutting off after 5 seconds. they shut off because they get hot and they wont work again for about 5 minutes. I only get one good drag off of them

Super Member ECF Veteran NekoGurrl's Avatar

Another vote here for the Ultrafire 18650 3000 mAh battery! I have one in a Prodigy, always lasts a couple days. I do alternate battery devices however, and when out and about usually carry something smaller (Protege, XL KR808 etc). If I had to take one device for a long trip, the Ultrafire would be the battery in it!

ECF Veteran

Default Protege vs. XL KR808

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGurrl View Post
    ...when out and about usually carry something smaller (Protege, XL KR808 etc)...
    NekoGurrl, I would be very interested to know how you would compare the two: Protege vs. XL KR808 ... or even XL KR808 vs. regular KR808 battery.

Yes, I know that a 380 mAh XL will get more puffs per battery charge than the 280 mAh regular, but is the vaping experience any different? Any more powerful, more throat hit or vapor? And does it even approach the much more expensive Protege?

I just ordered an XL 808 (auto) battery and adapters (808/901 batt to 510 atty) and (808/901 batt to 801 atty) - all on sale at GoodProphets. I'm not counting on it being a more powerful experience than my regular 510 or 801 penstyle, but I can always use the adapters with a 901 Bartleby I'll be ordering soon ... and the black battery will be nice with black GreenCig carts (even aesthetically).

My question is a bit off-topic for this thread, so you can place your answer in my 380 mAh KR808D-1 Mega vs. 360 mAh VP1 thread if you like.

Thanks!

Banned

ultrafire 3000 mAh is the ONLY way to go!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast