HELP: Drip Tip O-Ring Problem

Thread: HELP: Drip Tip O-Ring Problem

Full Member Verified Member nar0bin's Avatar

Default HELP: Drip Tip O-Ring Problem

Just got in the Aria Citadel Drip-Tip and it's my favorite drip tip yet. PLUS, it really looks sharp with a Provari. Here comes the... BUT, the o-ring on this sucker is so fat. I can barely insert it in my attys and cartos. It takes way longer than it should to get it in there - 10-20 minutes. I'm having to stop intermittently because my hands start hurting. Haha. I'm not trying to complain too much because it's not a huge problem but this is really inconvenient on-the-go. It takes almost the same time to get it out. It's really wayyy too difficult. IS THERE A WAY TO EXPEDITE WEARING AN O-RING? There's no way I'm the first person to deal with this particular wide/fat o-ring problem. PLEASE HELP, ECF!!

Try lubing it up with some ejuice? Ive had stubborn DTs that popped in nicely when juice was rubbed onto the ring... if still stubborn, maybe sanding down the ring a bit with a nail file (bit by bit) then lube... lastly switch out the Oring with another tip you dont plan on using for a while...

Full Member Verified Member nar0bin's Avatar

Lubed it up plenty. Still nothing. Thought about the sanding but didn't know what to use to widdle it down. A nail file! Haha. That's perfect. I don't have one but that's very resourceful. I wen't ahead and brought out all my other drip tips. ONE that has since been retired had the same width o-ring and was already worn in. Now, it's snug and not a pain to insert and remove. I placed the new o-ring on the old dt and placed it in the atty that wore in the last one. THANKS! Gotta love ECF

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Only other suggestion is to get a xacto and shave off a tiny sliver to make it thinner...just go slow and be careful

You can try finding a thinner o-ring at Home Depot or Lowes..

Good luck
    Last edited by WarHawk-AVG; 04-24-2014 at 06:15 AM.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"