Provari user just now diving into mechanicals! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Provari user just now diving into mechanicals!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Haha thanks guys. I am guilty of dripping and driving. I usually find myself going for my genesis out and about. I love the crisp flavor from mesh, and the vape production from a microcoiled mesh build is amazing. Today was actually the first day my trident was producing more than ms rsst

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Reo Grand+BF Trident V2. Provari P3+Silo. E-LVT, Stingray clone+Stillare, Templar clone+TOBH

Remember...
    The Beast is Watching

Moved On Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeddeuce View Post
    true, this is not the case for everyone, however in my experience, and from what i have heard from some other vapers, for some dripping makes other things less appealing... is this a more accurate way to express?

and yes please do not drip and drive... if you truly fall for dripping and cant get away from dripping, please get a bottom feeding mod, or a 3D to not drip and drive...
    Convenience aside, vapor production and flavor is unmatched with a properly wicked/coiled RDA, so yes, I am one of those that finds many "other things" very unappealing now
    Bigflyrodder likes this.

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I was a Provari fan since they first came out, but gave them up over 2 years ago when I got into purely mechanicals and sub ohms.

I gave up genesis atomizers at least a year ago... you don't have to sacrifice the benefits of dripping (better flavor) if you get a drip/tank type of atomizer... I guess the list is quite long on those, but I have my favorite now and I wish i had gotten 2 of them because they are damn hard to get today; the Prometey2. holds a couple ml which is not a lot, but much better than a straight up dripper.
    Another hard to get from the same maker is the Gryphon which is a smaller diameter and holds a ml.
    There are others that lots like. the ones i could list from memory are:
    Aqua, Kayfun, Kayfun lite, Spheroid (which is like the Prometey), and many spin offs and clones.

I just ordered a Fakir's Mods Troy X which holds more juice (i think) and has the same type of central air post under the coil as my Ti Prom and Gryphon.. I swear by that design.

As for mech devices, everybody is talking about the Stingray clones, and i hope you get a good one but it appears the button switch is a crap shoot.
    It gets its raves because 1. the design of the top and bottom cap is similar (not the same but close) to the Nemesis. 2. apparently good conductivity which = low voltage drop.

I swear by the Nemesis (brass or aluminum) because with the magnet upgrade, the button/switch is the most trouble free of any and i've had close to a doz. different high end mechs. They will hit all day and night and the next day just like the day before with no fuss. period.
    I have 2 Naval Brass Nemesis and 3 brass Neme clones, and just ordered a copper Neme.

I have gotten so close to ordering an Infinite of Hcigar stingray clone because i've never seen a switch that matches the Neme, but for every one that works great, there's those that the button sucks.

I like performance and i like it trouble free. The neme brass clones are hard to beat and for the price its insane (FT $17 shipped) slaps head.
    Bigflyrodder likes this.
    Flask40-XPV40-RaptureRaptor120w-DreamBox120w-RangerOKRT10-DNA30-T8-Sig100-NBNeme
    ,AchillesTi,Prometey2Ti/EclipseTi-Erlkonign-Origen b/f-BigBenTi
    AquaDulce, BamskiLychee,Pencil,Uke'sTropicalPunch

Moved On Verified Member

I always find it interesting how everyone lands on a particular favorite setup/device especially when you look back a few months or year in some cases where they were vaping something completely different. I guess therein lies the big attraction to vaping, so many different variations to try, or not, depending on what you like.

Going back the OP regarding battery safety and shorting, have you considered using a kick2? I think its the easiest route to go if you are working your way into unregulated mods, but very concerned about battery safety since you mentioned you have frequent shorts on your RSST.

BTW, what resistance are you using on your Trident?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran WattWick's Avatar

There are short circuits, and there are dead shorts. You are not very likely to encounter dead shorts as long as your current flows trough at least some length of coil before shorting on your wick. That's when you get a hotspot. Not something you'll want to vape through. Keep feeding current through it, and your coil will snap... unless you use heavy gauge kanthal.

You will most likely find yourself going lower than 2.4 ohms with a mech. If you stick to microcoils, you will probably find that they have less of a chance of shorting out. Something-something about how the compressed coils makes current flow easier through the coil, and less likely to jump to your wick.

You may or may not have to hone your mesh skills a little. I'm guessing you'll have no problem getting it to work. While working out hotspots on the initial setup, we are working with a shorter circuit. However, not a dead short. Unless you go all crazy and try to brute force your way through it, you should have no worries about your batteries. Just pulse poke and prod. You'll be fine
    ukeman, Ryedan and Bigflyrodder like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

For now at least i plan on dripping at home in my man cave. Of course when I started vaping i was pretty sure my Ego battery and starter kit tank would be all i ever needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welcome. Once you start dripping on a mech, you'll be selling that Provari and Kayfun. I'd have a good rotation of 4-6 batteries. Just change the battery when you get a drop off in vapor production. You'll know. Make sure to keep your contacts clean.
    Bigflyrodder likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by brickfollett View Post
    Also, how safe are my microcoiled SS mesh builds going to be? I do this on my Pyrex RSST, and the ohms come out 2.4 ohms. They have a lot of shorts when pulsing and occasionally short when using the Provari, to which I just get a simple error code. Once this happens, I whip out my car keys, fiddle with the coils a tiny bit and it's usually good to go. Is this a no-no when using a mechanical?
    I've used a AGA-T with SS mesh a lot over the last year. I've used MNKE 20A and now Sony 30A batteries. I setup the AGA-T at about 0.6 ohms so around 6.3A with a full charge (about 3.8V under load). I only torch the SS wick enough to burn off any oil left on it and oxidize by pulsing the coil. I have never had a problem with my batteries. I think with the RSST and its insulated wick hole you should put even less stress on the battery than I do.

I also 'bump' the coils if they are a bit stubborn about getting rid of shorts. That's standard operating procedure for a lot of people AFAIK.

Vape on.
    Last edited by Ryedan; 04-30-2014 at 04:52 PM.

I have lots of mechanical mods, and a selection of toppers that would choke a horse. But, my Provari isn't going anywhere ... it just works too well. (and yes, it has a dripper on it)
    Baditude, brickfollett and Coelli like this.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm not saying any one thing is bad... I just prefer mech because the regulated I would need to reach my happy are either rare or expensive... Or may have technical difficulties down the line.

I like a nice dual set up between the 40 and 50 watt range...

I have had a vape that was in the 100 watt range on a 26650 mod, and I did like it, however aside from the visual difference and the temperature difference, I didn't really notice anything else that was a big enough difference...

So I've currently settled on the .3 to .35 ohm range. And really really enjoy watching other people take a vape on my set up... The reactions (of non sub ohm vapers or smokers) are priceless...

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast