Is it normal or are my batteries getting weak?

Thread: Is it normal or are my batteries getting weak?

Default Is it normal or are my batteries getting weak?

I've had my Provari for about a year now and I am still using the same 4 batteries (rotated) that I received from Provape with my order. 2 x AW IMR 18490's and 2 x AW IMR 18650's.

I seem to recall at first when I would check the voltage, even with an atty attached, it would read 4.2 fresh off the charger and that is normal. However, a year later now, when I check the voltage with NO atty attached it reads 4.2 as it should...yet when I attach any atty and check the voltage it then reads 3.8.

The batteries clearly don't last as long as they used to either. I used to get 2 days with the 18650's and now I'm lucky to get through a day. Likewise the 18490's used to get me through a day, but now barely half a day!

I can't be certain if my vaping habits have increased (I'm sure they haven't THAT dramatically) or if it's just time for new batteries, or a combination of both probably?

batteries will wear down overtime especially if you use them heavily they will go faster. some new batteries will be in your future. luckily there decently cheap for how long they'l last lol
    Valkyrie clone, Egos, Lav atube, DIY juice mixer.

I figured as much. It just seems like their performance decreased overnight! I suppose I had higher expectations on their lifespan. How long do folks typically use a single battery for before replacing it entirely?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I read somewhere that rechargeable batteries are good for about 365 charges. I don't know how accurate that is--just saw it on a google search.