The warmer weather \ leaking - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The warmer weather \ leaking

Ultra Member Verified Member jswag5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop081 View Post
    i have had this happen to me with my Kayfuns and ProTanks. Pressure builds inside the tanks from the heat and pushes fluid out the air intake. Try storing them upside down if you know they are going to be in the heat, works well for me.
    when i leave any bottom coil tank in the car i make sure it is turned upside down, i still may leak some depending the condition of o-rings and how full it is, but it helps a lot

Ultra Member Verified Member Tinkiegrrl's Avatar

Hot cars are a definite no for these things I've determined. If unavoidable, then storing them upside down makes sense for a bottom coil. I'm bracing myself for summer. Also pulled the trigger on an Erlkonigin. It's an RTA similar to a Kayfun, but with a special juice feeding system that is supposed to somewhat alleviate issues with large shifts in pressure and temperature. Hopefully it works!

Pink Provari Mini, Red & Black Hybrid Provari Mini, Infinite Black Copper Stingray, Elcigart Hydra, IBTanked, Kayfun Lite, Erlkonigin, Tobh

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran omyeyes's Avatar

When I go to the pool and it's 104+, I bring a lil' ice pack and a small bag to keep my mods in when not using them. Just don't keep them directly next to the ice pack.
    6-20-14 (2).jpg
    antony73 likes this.

Blog Entries

I have a tote similar to that one that I carry daily to work with an ice pack and holders for my extra tanks. The holders are old pill bottles inside a Spam can.

I'm finding that it is not up to keeping cold now that it is over 100 and must find something better.
    ECF is not an addiction. ECF is the support group and posting is your therapy.
    My blogs: Aspire Rebuilding-Aspire Tips-Redneck DIY e-liquid & NET

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ever hear the one about someone heating up a battery to see what happens ?
    In the last two weeks here in the UK we have had lovely, sunny hot weather. One of my friends who vapes left her Innokin vw set up in her car for 3 days. It stopped working.
    Another of my friends left his smartphone in his car for 3 HOURS. Came back to use it and the battery had ruined the phone. When he took the battery out it had swollen up to 1" thick. Luckily the battery was in some sort of LiPo bag coating so didn't explode.
    By all means store kayfuns and the like upside down when not in use but don't leave batteries in cars. Please.

Ultra Member* Verified Member Equilibrium's Avatar

Yep, I've found that with the kayfuns juice will seep out the air hole on a hot day, 90+. It doesn't even have to be left in a car, it can happen in your pocket too. Learned that the hard way. Storing upside down helps a lot.
    The last mod you'll ever need

Ultra Member ECF Veteran skoony's Avatar

its not so much the pressure changes that cause leaking as much as its the viscosity between the juice in the wicks and the juice in the tank equalising. if you top off your tank when they equalise the wicks will suck up the juice like a straw and flood the coil chamber.
    some juice will do this in a new set up. some will do this after the juice in the wicks has thickened over time. some will never do this.
    i use top coil tanks only so my recommendation will not work for bottom coil systems. if you start experiencing flooding issues fill the tank to the second fill marker below full. this has eliminated 100 % of my flooding issues and, 90 % of any gurgling problems. you can adjust from there. i personally do this all the time as i'm to lazy to track which juice is more inclined to do this as opposed to another. i hope this helps.

regards
    mike
    Zildjian likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12