I think Rip uses too much cotton. I don't let mine hang at any angle, just flat down, avoiding the threads.
I pack my entire lower chimney area with cotton…
Used to use a lot less then when I would chain vape I would get dry hits… I hate dry hits.. So a member here turned me onto the "navy nest" wicking method. Works a treat!!!
The way I do it is with cotton though. So I run my wick though the coil leaving ample tails. Screw the first section of the chimney down then tuck the tails into there "navy nest" style. Once I am satisfied with the wick I saturate it with juice. Then I take my very small drill bit and move the wick away from the juice channels. When I do it this way I am sure the wick will not clog the channels and I can hold the maximum amount of juice by my coil this way as well. So if I do hit it faster than I can wick it there is a lot there to vape before I have a dry hit issue.
There is a learning curve to this as well but has worked great for me. Youtube "navy nest" if ya wanna see how its done.
The Kayfun is a little tricky to get the wicking right on.
If the wicks are too thick, they can pinch around the coil, and not work right.
If the wicks are too long, there will be too much packed into the bottom of the chimney area, and it won't feed properly up through the channels in the deck.
If wicks are too short, they can't draw the juice up well, and you'll get dry hits.
Finding that "perfect wick" in both thickness and length takes some trial and error. Keep trying, and make small modifications until you get a reliable setup, then just replicate that every time.
Of course, different coils require different wick setups, so you'll need to modify your wick thickness and length if you use a different coil.
I use a nano chimney vertical coil, centered over the airhole. I feed the wick under the top lead off the coil, and then wrap it around the coil once, and tuck the tails down into the bottom of the chimney. I trim them so that they just reach the bottom of the chamber, with a little extra to lay across the feed channels. That seems to work fine every time, with no leaking...
I recently did the rip chimney build. Make sure your coil is off the air hole as well. This will cause flooding. I wrapped the outside of the coil with cotton and paper machet'd the cotton around the coil it only took one piece of cotton. I tighten it all up including fill screw and air hole then unscrew the coil assembly and bottom fill with a syringe...I only put in 2.75mls. I then reattach the coil assembly and screen tight...I let sit up dose down for a few minutes...I then turn right side and back off the air screw only 2 or 3 turns. This has been my most successful set, fill and vape on my kfl+...the coil has 11 wraps air screwed ohms out at 1.6...28 awg Kanthal and tight....good luck...most RBAs require much tinkering...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I do the second way. never had any issues. but I've also got the 3.1 so I have airflow control, it's nice
May try the "vacuum release" method described above....