The Real Victim
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: The Real Victim

Default The Real Victim

I've been here a few months now and I have developed a feeling for what is going on in this community. I have come to realize that there is a victim here and it is the person who is addicted to cigarettes for one reason or other but feels completely trod upon by everybody. They can't smoke at home; they can't smoke at work; they feel wretched smoking on the street―and yet they still NEED to smoke. Vaping is a great solution for them (for me). Now what happens: Buy this juice; buy this device; blow smoke; blow smoke in public places; don't do that; get the flavor; cut down on the nic; get more nic.

Cigarettes weren't like this. Sure most people hated you because you smoked but you understood that. Now people hate you if you aren't Mech enough or if you are too VG or 0 nicish or 36 nicish and still the civilians hate you because you seem to be still smoking. It's quite a club. Probably it will all balance out when all of the old vapers die out and the kids lose us in a giant cloud.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran danca90's Avatar

That's why I like the new members forum. All high fives for folks getting egos, and ce4's.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Seems to me people need to focus a little less on what others think of them and a little more on what we think of ourselves.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Weird, I don't see all the hate.
    HauntedMyst - Made out of 100% Recycled Awesome!
    A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm at a loss for words... I have never seen what you are describing.

Sure people may be very enthusiastic when they find gear that best fits them. They sing it's praises, shout from the rooftop, recommending it to anyone who may still be looking for their own happy spot. Same with pg/vg ratios, nic levels, and flavors, but I have not seen anyone looked down on for what they use.

There is playful banter between the Provari, mech, VV/VW and Ego camps but it's just opinions.
    Even those who are dual user's have a home in the forums. Not everyone is able to eliminate combustibles from their life. That's why one of the most repeated phrases you will see is "It's not the ones you smoke that count, but the ones you don't".

As quickly as struggling vaper's start receiving responses, I guess I can see where so many people adding their opinion or experience in a matter of minutes or seconds could seem overwhelming, but hate??? not here.
    Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed grand

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin

Super Member ECF Veteran

Playful banter is fine. However, I have see quite a few posts where the poster has had a bad experience with equipment, or an eliquid, or a vendor, and then bashes the heck out of said equipment, eliquid, or vendor, instead of saying "Well, this did not work for me. This is what I found was best for me". It is one thing to recommend something to someone looking for advice. It is a whole other kettle of fish to respond to someone who is posting about the equipment, or eliquid, or vendor, that is helping them quit smoking, or asking for advice about something, and say that what they are posting about is trash, and they will not get the "full vaping experience" unless they have such and such equipment, or eliquid, or use this or that vendor.

We need to remember that we are all here to help and support each other, and that everyone progresses at their own pace. Some of us will be happy using cigalikes for a very long time, and some of us will need the newest and best mods in order to quit or stay quit of analogs. Some of us do not have the budget to spend on "gourmet" eliquids or fancy dancy mods. Some of us do not have the physical dexterity to rebuild anything. We need to remind people, and ourselves, that, wherever they are in their journey to quit and stay off of tobacco, they have a very caring, helpful group who want nothing more than to see them succeed, no matter what equipment or eliquids they choose to use.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, playful banter? You should see things before they're cleaned up.
    Dj Xy and chellemmm like this.

Super Member Supporting Member jensy's Avatar

Wow I don't see this at all. I read where people love what they are using to vape and they are hyped about it but I don't see people hating on others if they are using ego's, VV/VW or the what not. I think when people are reading on the internet because it lacks affect it may come accross that way. As a whole I think ECF has the most friendly helpful group of people you can find.

Full Member Verified Member Megs's Avatar

This thread actually kind of shocks me. I'm pretty new here - first posted a few days ago but I made my account on April 10 and had lurked a while before that. I have never noticed anything along the lines of what's being described. I've gotten a lot of help from informed folks in just a couple posts, and am getting a better vape through suggestions and how-tos and answers I've found here. It's a little jarring to hear this description of what I have thus far seen as a welcoming - hell, a LOVING community. I've either been missing a lot more of what goes on than I thought or my perception is just not tuned to that kind of thing.

Super Member Verified Member rurwin's Avatar

Nope. I don't see it either. Sure there are people around with fixed views and a glint of zealotry in their eyes. The Provarinati seem to have calmed down in recent months, now it's more likely to be Reo or other drippers and mechs that are pushed. But that is just over exuberance, not hate.

The Forum Incompetency Theorem applies.
    Ryedan and Anjaffm like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast