Vaping and CANADA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Vaping and CANADA

Default Vaping and CANADA

I'm going on a roadtrip to the Montreal Jazzfest and would like to know firsthand accounts of what the legality is of vaping in Canada. Can you do it?, etc?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Curious to hear this. Since Canada Banned Nicotine in e-liquids(is that correct?) I see no way that Vaping should be considered hazardous. Of course there is the political stigma to ride the world wide Ban wagon.
    Nacon likes this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

I've been doing homework on it and hear a lot of mixed things. Really hoping to hear back from a few ECFers. It's making me definitely not want to bring the Provari along for the ride.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Bring your stuff and vape with pride. While Health Canada would like people to believe selling e-juice is "illegal", there are no laws against vaping. You should have no issues at the border, or in Montreal.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Topwater Elvis's Avatar

I'd ask in the Canada sub forum.
    Last edited by Topwater Elvis; 06-28-2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Retired1 has faster fingers.

You might have the juice confiscated at the border but you can buy more in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater Elvis View Post
    I'd ask in the Canada sub forum.
    Def will, just wanted to hear from American ECFers first since I'll be coming in with a USA Passport.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbilly View Post
    You might have the juice confiscated at the border but you can buy more in Montreal.

I've been getting a hunch about that. Been hearing there's a 50-50 chance of getting it confiscated.
    Last edited by Nacon; 06-28-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I know of no e-juice confiscations at the border as long as it's for personal use. Via mail, yes. At the border in your possession, no.

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    I know of no e-juice confiscations at the border as long as it's for personal use. Via mail, yes. At the border in your possession, no.
    thank you very much for the info! that's a lifesaver! and thanks for hitting me up in the clone thread. rock on bro!

Super Member ECF Veteran The Torch's Avatar

I traveled by airplane with a complete eGo kit, Provari and a russian 91% inside Canada. No issues at all and the checkpoint is pretty much the same as if heading to the US). If you're coming in by car then you don't need to worry so long as it doesn't look like you are trying to sell stuff and that's IF they're even interested in checking out your trunk.

We have plenty of shops selling juices with nicotine in them in Canada and the biggest vape shop downtown Montreal actually won in court since there is no clear law against e-juice with nic in it. In short: I don't see a reason to worry.

I doubt you'll be the only vaper at the Jazz fest. I'm seeing more and more people vaping away on St-Denis street (hint if you're looking for a bar or restaurant patio and plenty of people outside the fest, and that's where my favorite vape shop is in case you need supplies). you might even have an opportunity to introduce people to vaping. People can be very approachable here, especially in a festival.
    Ryedan likes this.
    On Sundays, some people go to the Church of prayer to get on their knees and pray,
    while I go to the church of tools to get on all four and swear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast