What do you think are the top 4-5 mods
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think are the top 4-5 mods

Default What do you think are the top 4-5 mods

I'm definitely looking for something that'll go 5v at the MOST. Thinking about the Spade... Any suggestions?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default 5v passthu vp

I got a 5v passthu from dietsmokes and this thing works great I use it when im at home all the time great vapor and troat hit looks cool with the stand that comes with it.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think everyone has their own individual likes/dislikes..hard to answer this without playing favorites. I've tried quite a few..my personal favorites are The Juice Box and my Little Chuck. But..that's just me. I want to try the xhaler as well as a few more, but I keep buying juice !!

Good luck..and happy vaping..no matter what you prefer

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ericscott View Post
    I got a 5v passthu from dietsmokes and this thing works great I use it when im at home all the time great vapor and troat hit looks cool with the stand that comes with it.
    i did not know that there was 5v pass troughs excuse me i have an order to purchase

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fatalis View Post
    I'm definitely looking for something that'll go 5v at the MOST. Thinking about the Spade... Any suggestions?
    The Spade is only 3.7v, but it's a beautiful PV.

The VPPT is indeed 5v, but it only workds as an indoor PT conected to the wall or your PC

Buy both, you'll love 'em!

Super Member ECF Veteran

The 10440 battery used by the Spade seems a tad small... you'd probably be swapping it out quite a bit. For a 3.7v device, you should pick up a $30 box mod... they use 14500 batts at 900mAh, which lasts the better part of a full day.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

In as much as the "mods" are nothing more than power supplies for an atomizer, the best PV is the one that fits your hand and pleases your eye, your sense of aesthetics.

It has the ability to be configured to vape at your preferred voltage and accept your preferred atomizer.

It has a switch that can be easily replaced when needs be and it uses batteries that are common, and inexpensive.

This page is reasonably current for the major "mods" currently available:
    E-cig News: A run-down of all the big battery model e-cigarettes on the market

For me, the best PV uses a 510 atomizer at 3.7v. 36mg unflavored liquid mixed 70% PG and 30% VG provides the throat hit and vapor.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Home of The First and Best WTA . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . It's Not Just About Unflavored Anymore!. . . . . . . . . . .

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

What exactly do you mean by "5V at the most"? Are you looking for something that gets as close to 5V without going over? Do you really just want a 3.7V mod or are you looking for something that works better than a freshly charged standard e-cig battery?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Im a huge fan of the Silver Bullet at 3.7V. Higher nicotine gives me a great throat hit and with the 18650-3000mah batteries, I dont have to worry about them dying for a couple days. (For some sort of reference, a regular 510 batt lasts me 30-45 minutes) It is a little bigger though, but it doesnt seem to be too much of a bother.

Getting the Prodigy V2 soon though so I can reduce the nicotine a little.

PV Master Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Default So many choices; so much to consider!

These days, there are so many to choose from. Most (but not the very newest) are described in Part 5 and toward the end of Part 6 of the WWV Illustrated Guide referenced in my signature. Recommended factors to consider:
    • Aesthetics: length, thickness, shape, color, designs
    • Voltage: 3.7V, 5V, 6V, 7.4V
    • mAh: 360 up to 3,000
    • The atomizer(s) it accomodates
    • Position of the manual switch button: pressed with thumb/forefinger (most mods), pinky/ringfinger (XHaler, Super-Six, GG), or teeth (Copper)
    • Price ($50 Bartleby up to $150+ Super-Six and $188 GG Transformer)
    And think about the advantages of getting one that can operate at multiple voltages, e.g., Chuck, BB, Indulgence, or Super-Six (all at 3.7 or 6V) ... or XHaler or GG Transformer (at any of the above voltages), etc. This way you could see if a high-mAh, low-resistance 3.7V is good for you and adjust upward if needed. [NOTE: If you use those devices in 6V mode with an HV atomizer (e.g., from EastMall or NHaler), I believe the net voltage will be ~5V.]

Then there's the new 600 mAh 3.7V Janty eGO, which is not really a mod, since it has its own unique battery, rather than battery pack to hold generic batteries.

And then, of course, there is the ultimate mod Vapy Award winning (Best Hobby Mod) Carlos Juice Box: 3,000 mAh 3.7V battery capacity + handmade long-lasting atomizer + semi-automatic juice injection (from an internal 10 ml bottle). All to be had for $90 + patience (~six-week backlog). My favorite video review of it is Porphy's Juice Box Review on Vimeo.
    "I am, therefore I think ... differently from most apparently." Don DaBoomVape

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast