Which Kayfun for the fun - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which Kayfun for the fun

Senior Member Verified Member Wickedgt's Avatar

For me... I use the 28 gage more than other gages. But I'd recommend having more than one gage wire in your toolbox. I have 32,30,28,&26 gages. I use Temco.com http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/...tml?t1=kanthal.

You can also find pretty good deals on Amazon. There are other places people will recommend, but in my opinion, most, if not all, of their wire comes from Temco.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the input and link. Picking up 26, 28 and 30.

Super Member Verified Member

All the various lite, version, + refer to versions of the original with different features. I thought the full version would be better with the ability to fill from the side until it started leaking on me and I pluged the fill hole with aquarium sealant.

I currently like filling from a screw in the bottom, although one of mine is leaking, or filling from the top, a little bit complicated.

Whatever features you pick get a clone from an named manufacturer, hcigar, tobeco, etc. and it will be of decent quality.

Ultra Member Verified Member Lurch's Avatar

I top fill my Russians and Kayfun. I hate fiddling with that bottom screw and don't want to strip it out. There are a number of YouTube videos that show how to do it.

Personally, I find it much easier. YMMV

When does this "old enough to know better" kick in?

Super Member Verified Member

Love love love my FT KF 3.1ES.

Great build quality. No issues at all. My favorite KF and I have most.
    $22.78 Kayfun v3.1 ES Styled Rebuildable Atomizer Kit (4.5mL) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

In a side by side comparison the tobeco has been reviewed as having better build quality then the EH Pro...and a larger side air hole. I picked up the tobeco and have been very happy with it.

I am using 28 gauge kanthal, 1.4 ohm micro coil....works great

Super Member ECF Veteran fropit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedgt View Post
    For me... I use the 28 gage more than other gages. But I'd recommend having more than one gage wire in your toolbox. I have 32,30,28,&26 gages. I use Temco.com http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/...tml?t1=kanthal.

You can also find pretty good deals on Amazon. There are other places people will recommend, but in my opinion, most, if not all, of their wire comes from Temco.
    I get my wire from atomizer wick.com good prices and fast and free shipping.
    Tech Junkie likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Bibliophile713's Avatar

I have only used the Lite Plus Black Edition from Custom Mod Creations, which I've had for about a month. I don't consider myself to be an especially handy person. I had only built Protank heads before getting my Kayfun clone. The first build on it took me about forty minutes. For the sake of practice, I've been totally rebuilding it when changing flavors rather than just rewicking it. So far, I've had no issues with filling it, vape quality, etc. Sorry that I can't compare it to other Kayfun-style atties, but I have had a very good experience with the Black Edition.

Full Member Verified Member

I really like my Kayfun black edition V3...I have two of them (one black and one stainless steel) and I think they're better than your run of the mill clone. Like above, I got them from Custom Mod Creations.

Here's their description:

V3 UPGRADES:
    REDESIGNED 510 DRIP TIP!

DOUBLE O RING!

EXPANDED AIRFLOW!

ADDED STABILITY ON DECK!

BLACK EDITION FEATURES:
    ADJUSTABLE 510 PIN CONNECTOR!

IMPROVED METAL BOTTOM AIR FLOW CONTROL SYSTEM!

LIFT UP AIR CHANNEL SCREW TO AVOID LEAKING FROM CHAMBER!

UPGRADED STAINLESS STEEL!

IMPROVED O RINGS AND DRIP TIP!

COMES WITH CLEAR AND METAL TANKS!

WHAT IS INCLUDED:
    2 TANKS (METAL AND CLEAR) + FULL SIZE M TANK

TOP MOUNTING COIL SCREWS.

FILING PORT SCREWS.

METAL AIRFLOW CONTROL SCREWS.

SET OF O RINGS.

MINI PORTABLE PHILIPS SCREWDRIVER.

MINI PORTABLE FLAT HEAD SCREWDRIVER.

AIR FLOW CONTROL SCREWDRIVER.

" V3 BLACK EDITION" RETAIL GIFT BOX.
    Bibliophile713 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member shatteredsoul76's Avatar

Im pretty new to vaping as well as trying to build coils, with that being said I finally got in my Ehro Kayfun lite plus V2 yesterday. I soaked it in hot water with Dawn over night and cleaned it with a toothbrush today and rinsed with hot water and proceeded to build a coil for it.

I nailed it the first time with 6 wraps of 30 ga on a 2mm screwdriver which gave me 1.5 ohms as well as some rayon cellucotton, I threw some Killer Juice pina colada in it and popped it on my Provari V2 and wow what a difference in taste even from a Nautilus with a BVC.

I like all my Kanger and Aspire tanks but wish I would have bought a Kayfun from the start, super easy to build and no coil heads to buy and replace plus I love the large stainless steel tank so no worries of breakage there nor tank cracking juice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast