Which Kayfun for the fun - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which Kayfun for the fun

Senior Member ECF Veteran Bibliophile713's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFD00M View Post
    I really like my Kayfun black edition V3...I have two of them (one black and one stainless steel) and I think they're better than your run of the mill clone. Like above, I got them from Custom Mod Creations.

Here's their description:

V3 UPGRADES:
    REDESIGNED 510 DRIP TIP!

DOUBLE O RING!

EXPANDED AIRFLOW!

ADDED STABILITY ON DECK!

BLACK EDITION FEATURES:
    ADJUSTABLE 510 PIN CONNECTOR!

IMPROVED METAL BOTTOM AIR FLOW CONTROL SYSTEM!

LIFT UP AIR CHANNEL SCREW TO AVOID LEAKING FROM CHAMBER!

UPGRADED STAINLESS STEEL!

IMPROVED O RINGS AND DRIP TIP!

COMES WITH CLEAR AND METAL TANKS!

WHAT IS INCLUDED:
    2 TANKS (METAL AND CLEAR) + FULL SIZE M TANK

TOP MOUNTING COIL SCREWS.

FILING PORT SCREWS.

METAL AIRFLOW CONTROL SCREWS.

SET OF O RINGS.

MINI PORTABLE PHILIPS SCREWDRIVER.

MINI PORTABLE FLAT HEAD SCREWDRIVER.

AIR FLOW CONTROL SCREWDRIVER.

" V3 BLACK EDITION" RETAIL GIFT BOX.
    I just received a second one in today's mail and immediately cleaned and set it up. I noticed that when I was unscrewing the airflow screw, it was catching a little. I'm having an issue with the airflow on it; the draw is far tighter than my first one and when I cover up the airhole and take a dry pull, there is no change in the airflow/suction occurring. It's as if I haven't covered the airflow hole at all! The only difference in how I built this one is that my coil is slightly higher off the deck. Should I chalk this up to user error or the unit itself?

Quote Originally Posted by regal55 View Post
    I think I tried them all and couldn't get any to work, they are incredibly difficult to build for beginners. If I were to do it all over I would get one Authentic KFL 3.1, it has set screws instead of posts with a tiny screw you are supposed to achor the wire under. But ask yourself if its really worth the trouble, an RDA does everything better minus the tank and building is a 5 minute ordeal vs and hour of trial and error (lots of error).
    Newb rebuilder here. Can you explain why RDA's are easier to build for than a Kayfun clone? I've done a few coils for a ProTankII and those are not as easy as the youtubes make them look but I ended up with a few good ones with cotton.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Holy Vapes. This Kayfun has knocked me off my socks. Its like going from a Camry to a Corvette. The flavor tastes the same fresh after 6 days using the same cotton, in my T3S it would change after day 1. Awesome draw and vapor plumes. Yet to get one dry hit in a week.

I got it and couldn't get to set it up due to work demands. Then one or two hits and misses and finally got it all together working. It is awesome. I still haven't got the top fill method right - It always leaks for me. I am happy with bottom screw fill. I am also not a big fan of the drip tip, metal drip tips give me a funny feeling.

I found 50-50 ratio to be the best for my setup. I used to do higher PG for the flavor, but Kayfun lets me use higher VG and still get the flavor. Couldn't be happier.

I noticed that Kayfun seems to run through the juice faster than anything I have used before.

Thanks to all for the feedback in helping me select which to get. To all newbies - I say don't get scared. I am the kind of guy who thinks a hammer is a fine tool. Watch 2-3 videos. Give it a couple of runs - you will get it right.

D30 Clone, 1.5Ohm coil with 28gauge kanthal, 8.5Watts, 50-50 juice, Ry1, Cotton wick (going to try rayon soon) - I am on Vapor Cloud 9.
    Last edited by zzipy; 09-11-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    readeuler likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by anumber1 View Post
    Love love love my FT KF 3.1ES.

Great build quality. No issues at all. My favorite KF and I have most.
    $22.78 Kayfun v3.1 ES Styled Rebuildable Atomizer Kit (4.5mL) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    That's the one I purchased. Dry hit... Dry hit... Cover airhole and take a draw. Watch the bubblies go up... It is great when it works.

I decided to enlarge the liquid channels. I didn't have a dremel but did have a file on my multitool. Oh man was that a mistake. I must have went of the chimney threads a bunch of times. I was still able to get the chimney on and it worked a little better. Next I grabbed a nail and tried to scratch the channel wider. That didn't work. Next was a 1.6mm drill bit. It fit perfectly in the channel. Well the first couple of tries all I accomplished was running the bit over the chimney threads again. Eventually the channels started widening then I snapped the drill bit.

All of that scratching of the threads and the chimney still threads relatively easy. It took some abuse and almost my sledge hammer. A sledge hammer fixes everything. It isn't pretty but no more dry hits.

Piece of cake to put the wire on. I have more trouble with the post holes than under the screws.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123