I just received a second one in today's mail and immediately cleaned and set it up. I noticed that when I was unscrewing the airflow screw, it was catching a little. I'm having an issue with the airflow on it; the draw is far tighter than my first one and when I cover up the airhole and take a dry pull, there is no change in the airflow/suction occurring. It's as if I haven't covered the airflow hole at all! The only difference in how I built this one is that my coil is slightly higher off the deck. Should I chalk this up to user error or the unit itself?
Originally Posted by MFD00M
Newb rebuilder here. Can you explain why RDA's are easier to build for than a Kayfun clone? I've done a few coils for a ProTankII and those are not as easy as the youtubes make them look but I ended up with a few good ones with cotton.
Originally Posted by regal55
Holy Vapes. This Kayfun has knocked me off my socks. Its like going from a Camry to a Corvette. The flavor tastes the same fresh after 6 days using the same cotton, in my T3S it would change after day 1. Awesome draw and vapor plumes. Yet to get one dry hit in a week.
I got it and couldn't get to set it up due to work demands. Then one or two hits and misses and finally got it all together working. It is awesome. I still haven't got the top fill method right - It always leaks for me. I am happy with bottom screw fill. I am also not a big fan of the drip tip, metal drip tips give me a funny feeling.
I found 50-50 ratio to be the best for my setup. I used to do higher PG for the flavor, but Kayfun lets me use higher VG and still get the flavor. Couldn't be happier.
I noticed that Kayfun seems to run through the juice faster than anything I have used before.
Thanks to all for the feedback in helping me select which to get. To all newbies - I say don't get scared. I am the kind of guy who thinks a hammer is a fine tool. Watch 2-3 videos. Give it a couple of runs - you will get it right.
D30 Clone, 1.5Ohm coil with 28gauge kanthal, 8.5Watts, 50-50 juice, Ry1, Cotton wick (going to try rayon soon) - I am on Vapor Cloud 9.
Last edited by zzipy; 09-11-2014 at 10:34 PM.
That's the one I purchased. Dry hit... Dry hit... Cover airhole and take a draw. Watch the bubblies go up... It is great when it works.
Originally Posted by anumber1
I decided to enlarge the liquid channels. I didn't have a dremel but did have a file on my multitool. Oh man was that a mistake. I must have went of the chimney threads a bunch of times. I was still able to get the chimney on and it worked a little better. Next I grabbed a nail and tried to scratch the channel wider. That didn't work. Next was a 1.6mm drill bit. It fit perfectly in the channel. Well the first couple of tries all I accomplished was running the bit over the chimney threads again. Eventually the channels started widening then I snapped the drill bit.
All of that scratching of the threads and the chimney still threads relatively easy. It took some abuse and almost my sledge hammer. A sledge hammer fixes everything. It isn't pretty but no more dry hits.
Piece of cake to put the wire on. I have more trouble with the post holes than under the screws.