"I vape 4 substances instead of 599 in cigs"
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: "I vape 4 substances instead of 599 in cigs"

Default "I vape 4 substances instead of 599 in cigs"

This is almost always a lie.

I would like us, as a community to stop perpetuating this lie.

Unless you are vaping straight VG, you can not make this claim. The flavoring of e-juice most commonly is done by food grade FDA approved flavor essences.

These contain sometimes hundred of chemical substances. All that have been approved for consumption, but not studied in vaporization.

Flavoring is a mystery.

To me, this is why I avoid complex flavors altogether. And also the reason why I would never touch custards since they almost exclusively contain Acetoin or Diacetyl.

Education is key here. We need to understand what we're using before we can make big claims about health. Get educated on flavoring. Understand what it is. Some stuff is pretty rank.

But no, most of us vape hundreds of chemical substances.

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well since I make my own juice, it is true in my case.... VG, nicotine, NET.... but untill I find out exactly what is in my NET, Im gonna consider it 1 item

ohhh and BTW ciggies have closer to 3000+ different chemicals in them
    faile and PirateHooligan86 like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Even the CDC says Could and might in relation to Diacetyl. There is no conclusive proof <unless you consider a legal action PROOF> as to whether Diacetyl is a cause or contributor to Lung Disease at the consumer level.

The scientific evidence gathered to date indicates that the problem is not limited to diacetyl. It is likely other chemicals used in the production of flavorings can cause or exacerbate lung disease. OSHA has issued permissible exposure limits (PELs) and/or NIOSH has recommended exposure limits (RELs) for only 46 of the 1,037 flavoring ingredients considered by the flavorings industry to represent potential respiratory hazards.
    A Case of Regulatory Failure - Popcorn Workers Lung | Defending Science

If we are going to be open and honest.............Honestly, WE DON"T KNOW!!

Oh, and last count had Chemicals in Cigs at over 9K..............NINE THOUSAND.
    Last edited by crxess; 08-15-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    faile likes this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

yes, smokes are death, we all know that.

My issue is with this holier-than-thou thing about being healthy and vaping 4 things. Just one flavoring can contain 50-100 chemicals.. and most e juices have more than one.

Education is all

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I would like us, as a community to stop perpetuating this lie.
    My issue is with this holier-than-thou thing
    No comment.
    Last edited by Rickajho; 08-15-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Amraann's Avatar

I want to comment on the flavors being approved for consumption and not inhaling. Although this is true.. It makes the think .. plenty of foods that have fruit flavorings have steam this is inhaled. LIke when preparing jello comes to mind. Although not fruit flavors.. what about cup of soups or a steaming pot of cream of tomato from a can?
    I could be wrong in thinking this but, if inhaling such things was soo dangerous then wouldn't may cooks have had problems by now?

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

going tangent here... but why didnt "we" as smokers worry about all of the stuff that was in ciggies as we worry about the stuff in the juice now??
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    going tangent here... but why didnt "we" as smokers worry about all of the stuff that was in ciggies as we worry about the stuff in the juice now??
    I don't understand how being completely irresponsible in the past would equate to the same behavior now.

Us ex. smokers did some pretty shocking things to our bodies in the past, it's only normal to me that we would try HARDER to respect our bodies now that we've managed to stay clear of the death sticks right?
    WattWick likes this.

Rationalizing behavior is pretty much the standard operating procedure of human beings. Either side of an argument is doing it.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sekasi View Post
    I don't understand how being completely irresponsible in the past would equate to the same behavior now.

Us ex. smokers did some pretty shocking things to our bodies in the past, it's only normal to me that we would try HARDER to respect our bodies now that we've managed to stay clear of the death sticks right?
    No doubt that getting off the cigarettes is a huge step towards respecting our bodies but total respect would be to quit ecigs and then you have no worries. Continually inhaling something other the clean air has a certain amount of risk.
    No Matter How Good She Looks, Someone Somewhere Is Tired Of Her Crap

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast