Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Koh gen do in stock

A Friend Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yiorgo View Post

P. S./FYI
    I thought this was interesting. When speaking to the Koh Gen do rep to get a notification for their product when back in stock, I asked her about the dark specks in the cotton, she told me that she believed(?) it is clove???? She said, "they grow this cotton with clove in it, or around it, to sooth sensitive skin naturally" ........ I am quoting her so don't jump all over me if it isn't true, because she wasn't 100%.

https://www.kohgendocosmetics.com/Co...s.asp?catID=16
    FYI, Not sure if it has been mentioned but, the dark specs are bits of cotton seed that were not completely hydro washed out of the large uncut sheets .

Most of us have been purchasing KGD from the Dermstore or Barney's for a few months now. Good Luck to all.
    Coldrake likes this.

WARNING: Vaping Reduces Your Risk of Smoking and Increases Your Chance of Living

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Nice well hopefully you lone users got you're supply, because it's *temporarily oos as I'm writing this!

OK so you've been using it.? But what's your point don't you think it's interesting that a rep told me that? Maybe they don't have to disclose something like growing a hybrid cotton seed, which is huge in that field to grow more efficiently and more effectively. ...... I know that the black flecks look like the seeds but I'm just telling you what she told me on the phone and might tell you if you call them to verify cause I'm not concerned being that I don't taste clove. It was an FYI also kind of looking for a definitive answer. D o you have pertinent information regarding the process other than what you've told us .... Like I said I was told something and can't LINK the info?!? I'd appreciate a link because what I was told makes sense to me me at least ..... thanks!
    Last edited by Yiorgo; 08-23-2014 at 09:47 PM.

PV Master Verified Member Midniteoyl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yiorgo View Post
    Now this is a post by a seller trying to make money even though it is cheaper..... What I've noticed is that generic listings for Japanese cotton muji, Lobo, shessido, etc...... Is that koh gen is sandwiched between a THICK pad of directional (?) cotton with two sheets whereas the other generics have up to 5 layers of the sheets (that some users discard) between THIN layers of cotton. I haven't tried anything but koh gen do, but if you Google images of above mentioned generics you'll see what I'm talking about. The one thing that's strange to me is that KGD has a yellowish color which they say is is due to it not being bleached??? Any fields of cotton that i've ever seen were bright white ...... I've never seen fields of yellow cotton? so, Hmmmmm ? The flavor is really really clean, so I don't know what to think.....so I won't, I'll just offer this up for an explanation.
    Natural cotton is not 'pure white'.. Looks like it in a bright sun with nothing 'white' to compare it too, but if you did, it would look 'dingy'. This is why they bleach it, of course
    RIMP, Yiorgo and iamthevoice like this.
    Best NETs I have tried - EtherVapes.com
    Vets helping Vets - vets.yuku.com

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

uploadfromtaptalk1408830912080.jpg I hear ya but this looks really white.!?.

PV Master Verified Member Midniteoyl's Avatar

natural vs bleached..

RIMP and Coldrake like this.
    Best NETs I have tried - EtherVapes.com
    Vets helping Vets - vets.yuku.com

I really need to find a place that has this stuff in stock!! Any ideas?

I am the man your mama said you "shoulda" choose!
    "The vape Trucker"

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Marianna Florida,( in the woods) I'M A GIRL!!

Natural is a light beige -tan color, organic
    Coldrake likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Marianna Florida,( in the woods) I'M A GIRL!!

Quote Originally Posted by valooper View Post
    I really need to find a place that has this stuff in stock!! Any ideas?
    Try google and be prepared to go thru many sites. Make sure if it shows avail to put one in the cart and see if it "truly" is in stock
    Coldrake likes this.

Not to mention the shipping cost
    RIMP likes this.

I am the man your mama said you "shoulda" choose!
    "The vape Trucker"

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Off topic but this 50% unmercerized cotton 50% rayon blend looks like it could be the best of both worlds (dare I say the next best variant! Uh oh - don't want to start anything here-but it is dirt cheap! ..... Flavor and wick ability...The flavor of Koh gen do in my opinion can't be beat and/plus I loved the way rayon allowed me to use every last drop of juice plus the fact that it didn't burn or discolor as much as cotton. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.........not....... Or maybe............ Nope not gonna do it. I'm on standby for my long awaited koh Gen do!

uploadfromtaptalk1408835223862.jpg
    Last edited by Yiorgo; 08-24-2014 at 01:28 AM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast