Koh gen do in stock
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Koh gen do in stock

Super Member ECF Veteran Yiorgo's Avatar

Default Koh gen do in stock

Don't buy from the unscrupulous profiteers that are price gouging us for a dollar a pad! Spoke to a rep at koh Gen do and what their doing to stop these vendors from cornering the market is to limit one box of 60 pads $12 per box per order PLUS jacking up the shipping to $12..... So it totals $23.72 to our door via UPS. Hopefully individual end users will buy it up this time around!! I had been checking all the sites that sell this (oem koh gen do) everyday for about 2 weeks. Sure I could've bought from an ecig vendor for..... $1.50 a PAD, but I couldn't pull the trigger out of principle.

Enjoy fellow vapers this link should bring you directly to the page.

P. S./FYI
    I thought this was interesting. When speaking to the Koh Gen do rep to get a notification for their product when back in stock, I asked her about the dark specks in the cotton, she told me that she believed(?) it is clove???? She said, "they grow this cotton with clove in it, or around it, to sooth sensitive skin naturally" ........ I am quoting her so don't jump all over me if it isn't true, because she wasn't 100%.

https://www.kohgendocosmetics.com/Co...s.asp?catID=16

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hey! I am from Chicago also!

I to have been searching for some Koh Gen Do,

My usual place is OOS. I am so pissed that all these vendors have bought up all the 12 boxes and charging anywhere from .50-1.25 a pad! Complete BS! I noticed the KohGenDo website and was about to order from them the other day until i noticed they wanted 11.00 to ship a 12.00 box of cotton? That weighs how much? I wouldn't mind if i could buy 2-3 boxes to make up for the shipping costs but 1 box? Seems like they are trying to dip there hands into the pot also.

Looks like i am going back to organic cotton balls..

Koh Gen Do cotton pads are better then cotton but not that much better to pay 11.00 to ship a box of cotton, insane.
    Check out my reviews!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MAFMMX
    VapnFagan

They are I guess but I'd rather pay .39 cents per pad and know its koh gen do and not "Japanese cotton" in a clear plastic baggie which can be any of the 5 brands you see on eBay....... I'd say split the cost..... And when you split the pad you'll get 120 so all in all, Imo it's still a good deal ! ??
    In Bridgeport
    Last edited by Yiorgo; 08-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Yiorgo View Post
    They are I guess but I'd rather pay. 39 cents and know its koh gen do and not "Japanese cotton" in a clear plastic baggie which can be any of the 5 brands you see on eBay....... I'd say split the cost..... And when you split the pad you'll get 120 so all in all, Imo it's still a good deal ! ??
    In Bridgeport
    I use to hang out over in Bridgeport! I am over in Oak Lawn now.

The problem i have with using Koh Gen Do though, Is i found that they wick SOOO much nicer when you tear the 2 outer layers off and use the middle. I waste a little by doing it that way but at 12 bux a box and free shipping (what i paid) i didn't care. I don't think i could go back to using them the regular way, so much better when removing the outer layers.

I dunno, I have to really decide if i want to eat the fact i am getting raped on the 11.00 shipping. I don't think i can do it.

I might just go back to cotton balls until the NEXT BIG THING gets popular for wicking and Koh Gen Do dies off and can be bought at normal prices again.
    Check out my reviews!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MAFMMX
    VapnFagan

ive been using shiseido (also japanese cotton) no boil just snip and wick. ive noticed faster absorption, less wick changing, more flavour.

I switched from boiled Organic cotton, i bought a pack of shiseido for 11.55 for 165 sheets when a local B&M was selling was selling it for $2.10 for 5 pads...

I paid .07 cents a pad vs .42 cents a pad...SIGH

I was at a brick and mortar and thought all their juice was weak so they offered to re wick they didn't even halve it he just cut a 1/8 in and it wicked much better than organic cotton balls or the 500 feet of rayon I have sitting next to me..... Not only did it wick better the vape was much cleaner! I just love it! And like I said I can afford it and know that it is koh gen do and an not some off brand. I'll have to experiment with it as far as splitting it or cutting through as is, the whole pad?

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Muji pads... $2.50 for 140 - 2.4 x 2.0" pads, and easier to use than Koh Gen Do.

i find it asinine that people can justify impure cellulose fiber (cotton) over pure cellulose fiber (rayon) for the "comfort factor"
    phill is a well intentioned guy but he doesnt know what he doesnt know and people blindly following him have even less of an excuse
    All laws are a death threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gqballa View Post
    ive been using shiseido (also japanese cotton) no boil just snip and wick. ive noticed faster absorption, less wick changing, more flavour.

I switched from boiled Organic cotton, i bought a pack of shiseido for 11.55 for 165 sheets when a local B&M was selling was selling it for $2.10 for 5 pads...

I paid .07 cents a pad vs .42 cents a pad...SIGH
    I almost pulled the trigger on Shiseido from Amazon but a couple verified complaints mentioned that they did not recieve what was pictured so I held out.... Plus everyone seems to be comparing it to koh gen do....

Can you say it's as good if not better than KGD.......the pics that i've seen show KGD being fluffier or instead of fluff between 2 sheets I've seen 5 sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by Yiorgo View Post
    I almost pulled the trigger on Shiseido from Amazon but a couple verified complaints mentioned that they did not recieve what was pictured so I held out.... Plus everyone seems to be comparing it to koh gen do....

Can you say it's as good if not better than KGD.......the pics that i've seen show KGD being fluffier or instead of fluff between 2 sheets I've seen 5 sheets?
    Never tried KGD but ill say it's better than organic cotton

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast