second hand vape. - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: second hand vape.

Super Member Verified Member Spencer McGill's Avatar

So these mean... there are some harmful chemicals in second hand vaping... just not many.?
    Easiest way to counter this is to get a .......-off big stainless steel setup - Kayfun or Russian will work - 26650 mod with 2-3 stacked batteries if possible..

Then throw it at her.
    I loled ....

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Vaslovik's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mac63 View Post
    She sounds like someone who isn't happy unless they are complaining or fighting against something. They don't care what it is as long as it's something they don't do - their belief is that everyone else should live the same way they do.

Tell that her whining is causing damage to your hearing and she'll have to keep quiet from now on.
    Yup, I so totally agree with this! With people like this, if they can smell your vapor at all, even if it smells really nice, it's an invasion of their space and an imposition upon them they can attack, and they will flat-out make stuff up to do that. For some of them even seeing you vape from a distance is something they will attack. I've run into that!

I've long believed that if someone invented glasses that let you see other people's breath the lawsuits and attacks would multiply exponentially out of control.

I think it's people like these who generate much of the misinformation out there about vaping.
    Last edited by Vaslovik; 08-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.
    DavidOck, Jman8, AndriaD and 2 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member rurwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer McGill View Post
    So these mean... there are some harmful chemicals in second hand vaping... just not many.?
    Just a literally insignificant amount. For example, there are the same sorts of levels of contaminants in nicotine patches, and then you dilute it a thousand or more times in room air. Also at least one of those studies did not consider the filtering effect of the vaper's lungs; the study used smoking machines. There is no sidestream vapour from an e-cig, so all second-hand vapour has been inhaled and exhaled. That takes most of the nicotine, and who knows what else, out of it.
    faile likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I remember my last job I would go outside with the smokers and some would complain about the smell! So I finally just started to sit in my car. I rather anyway instead of standing in all those flying ashes and smoke.

Super Member Verified Member Spencer McGill's Avatar

It actually generally makes me angry. It's just 6 years ago I could light up in a bar. Here smoking indoors in some places is okay. So this stuff gets me angry. I personally think vaping should be done anywhere freely. I've also had the same coworker fake cough when I vaped near her outdoors.... get a life.

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Vaslovik's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer McGill View Post
    I've also had the same coworker fake cough when I vaped near her outdoors.... get a life.
    Oh yes! I've had people do the fake coughing act around me too, and in places where vaping was allowed. One day I was in my car in a parking lot with my windows down, and a woman pulled into the space next to me, looked over at me vaping, then opened her door, and started up with the fake coughing and dirty looks routine. I ignored her and vaped on.....

Oh, and she was upwind of me. Go figure.
    jpargana and PixieSkull like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran skoony's Avatar

any one taking any kind of medication has that medication on their breath.
    you just cant see it.
    the OP's right for every counter he comes up with his co-worker will come up with a more outrageous counter.
    this will all end by these two words."the children"
    one can't have all those children under foot at work trying to get your vape gear creating a dangerous work
    place environment.

mike

I'm all for keeping your smells to yourself, whether it's perfume, food, cigarettes, or vapor. Some people are sensitive to scents (myself included) and have a knee-jerk reaction (not me) to any perceived threat. Now, there are some natural extracts that are allergenic to some, but it's extremely rare through vapor. If my cubemate was burning incense or melting wax tarts, I'd freak out because I have a legit allergy to most synthetic scents. Same as if they were eating strong hamburger hotdish since the smell of cooked ground beef makes me gag.

Now, I'm all for vaping in public, but in the case of any thrown scent, I think it's a politeness factor. I'd just start vaping less-flavored or unflavored juice to get my nic fix, because I'd expect others to adjust to my own scent issues. If I ever hear someone fake coughing in my direction, I'll do my best to make them look stupid. "It's just melon-scented vapor" *showing my e-cig mod then inhale and blow another vapor cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola31173 View Post
    I remember my last job I would go outside with the smokers and some would complain about the smell! So I finally just started to sit in my car. I rather anyway instead of standing in all those flying ashes and smoke.
    Uh, HWHAT? So, you didn't stink like dirty gutters so they got mad at you? That would piss me off.
    Last edited by PixieSkull; 08-22-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    TheProphet likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

yeah i agree with what these guys said, also she sounds like she just likes to moan. theres no helping some people lol

Some people just like to complain. In reality, this lady is posing more threat to her co-workers with a sneaky fart. Methane is more dangerous than nicotine.
    You have a better chance of being struck by lightning while hot boxing a Newport and riding
    a bike than you do by having a mechanical "explode." - B1sh0p

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast