second hand vape.
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: second hand vape.

Super Member Verified Member Spencer McGill's Avatar

Default second hand vape.

What would you suggest? My coworker didnt like it at first because she thought it was gross. Then she looked it up online (those bad sites probably) and heard the misinformed thing that it contains a bunch of chemicals ...which is not true.

Then she started going on about how vaping indoors should be illegal.... blah blah blah.
    Geez the misinformation is terrible...
    So point me to a good study....
    And then shell probably get all antsy about the nicotine in the vape. Ah its tough.
    All my other coworkers dont care.

Super Member Verified Member Despraci's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is one of those discussions I avoid, but my choice is that I don't impose my habit on others. I only vape indoors at my house (I work from home), fellow vaper's homes, and friend's homes that given me permission. And it's a choice of being polite and courtesy more then possible second hand vape. I feel grateful that I can vape at some of my client locations, outside of course, where smoking was prohibited anywhere on their grounds when I smoked.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Head over to the CASAA website. They have a lot of information and links to many studies. CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
    wv2win, DavidOck, Jman8 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Despraci View Post
    This is one of those discussions I avoid, but my choice is that I don't impose my habit on others. I only vape indoors at my house (I work from home), fellow vaper's homes, and friend's homes that given me permission. And it's a choice of being polite and courtesy more then possible second hand vape. I feel grateful that I can vape at some of my client locations, outside of course, where smoking was prohibited anywhere on their grounds when I smoked.
    I agree with this as well.
    Evilocity likes this.
    eVic Supreme | Hana Modz V3 #6436

Blog Entries

This is all you need to communicate to your concerned coworker:
    http://publichealth.drexel.edu/~/med...alth/ms08.ashx

In layman's terms, you're forced to live within the same atmosphere as other people, and thus breathe in the same air they breathe out. Since vapor is no more dangerous than exhaled breath (and may in fact be beneficial) there is absolutely no objective reason to prohibit vaping anywhere. Last time I checked we can't use looks to deny service or employment to people, so the fact the vapor "looks" like smoke cannot serve as a basis for that prohibition either.
    wv2win, DC2, jpargana and 7 others like this.
    The war against vaping continues: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fda-regulations/
    Get involved: casaa.org

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I don't vape indoors at work. I figure if HR gets one complaint it will be banned all together.
    DavidOck and iamthevoice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer McGill View Post
    Then she started going on about how vaping indoors should be illegal.... blah blah blah.
    Easiest way to counter this is to get a .......-off big stainless steel setup - Kayfun or Russian will work - 26650 mod with 2-3 stacked batteries if possible..

Then throw it at her.
    PinkTiara, hydruid, DebiK and 5 others like this.
    You have a better chance of being struck by lightning while hot boxing a Newport and riding
    a bike than you do by having a mechanical "explode." - B1sh0p

Super Member Verified Member rurwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tvan View Post
    I don't vape indoors at work. I figure if HR gets one complaint it will be banned all together.
    Fortunately, my office is small enough that that will not happen. I do have a risk assessment written and ready to be published if anyone asks. Until they ask, I'm not rocking the boat.

Here's another good link: The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 onVaping
    SmokinRabbit likes this.

She sounds like someone who isn't happy unless they are complaining or fighting against something. They don't care what it is as long as it's something they don't do - their belief is that everyone else should live the same way they do.

Tell that her whining is causing damage to your hearing and she'll have to keep quiet from now on.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast