So a fella walks into a vape shop...... - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: So a fella walks into a vape shop......

Ultra Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by InTheShade View Post
    I didn't even see the post where he said what he got or was running. I just congratulated him on trying to quit.

I think most vapers on here do speak up if they see something that has the potential to be dangerous. I've seen multiple threads where several members have tried to steer someone in the right direction.

Still, I missed this. If I'd have noticed what he bought I would have said something.
    I did too but being he's local I guess I paid a bit more attention. I'm sure plenty of responsible folks would try to steer him in the right direction. Still amazed at the number of folks that don't see anything wrong with this. I don't care what your background is, on day one of vaping you're not ready for a mech. I got 30+ years of electronics experience but still it sound to me like pushing the limits. To me, it takes more than an indoctrination at the vape shop to learn what you need to know.

I guess it's like selling someone a motorcycle. It might be OK.

Super Member Verified Member Evilocity's Avatar

I used an ego for about a day before jumping head first into a mech/rda. I have vast electrical knowledge and do remodeling for a living, so I felt more than confident about rebuilding. Plus I had great information from a great shop owner.
    Depends on the person imo

My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by joesquid View Post

.... I have a problem with starting someone out with a mech. Maybe y'all don't agree but I think it is totally irresponsible.
    Jeeze, and to think ... I had a friend that bought a new Corvette Z06 as his first car.

Was it irresponsible that the Chevy dealership didn't try to put him into a piece of crap 1.8L 4 cylinder Cruze instead?
    Last edited by Flt Simulation; 08-23-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    travanx likes this.
    . . . . . King II Mech Mod (clone). . . . . Kayfun Lite-Plus (authentic)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Topwater Elvis's Avatar

In the new members section almost every day, some one walks out of a vape shop with their brand new / first 'mod' with a .08 ~ .2 vape shop expert build. When asked about the battery their answer is all to often blue, red, purple or 50 - 60 amp.
    When asked about an ohm meter the answer is all too often I don't have / need one my battery will handle any build no problem the guy at the vape shop told me so.
    Then why is my button getting so hot I cant touch it or my 'mod' gets so hot it burns my hand.

An experienced vaper familiar with sub ohm safety could spend an hour or two a day answering questions & giving advice that is usually ignored or argued.

Vaper Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flt Simulation View Post
    Jeeze, and too think ... I had a friend that bought a new Corvette Z06 as his first car.

Was it irresponsible that the Chevy dealership didn't try to put him into a piece of crap 1.8L 4 cylinder Cruze instead?
    Probably. People shouldn't be allowed to drive a Corvette at any age.
    FlamingoTutu likes this.

ECF Veteran

Nope...you ain't in the ballpark....I have a problem with starting someone out with a mech. Maybe y'all don't agree but I think it is totally irresponsible.
    So how long does someone need to vape before a mechanical is prudent? If a guy walks into a shop, wants to quit smoking and knows more about battery safety and ohms law than you do, does he have to suck on an Ego for a year first? Not every new vaper wants to sub-ohm and push the limits of their battery. Not every new vapor is ignorant to the danger.
    No Matter How Good She Looks, Someone Somewhere Is Tired Of Her Crap

Quote Originally Posted by Flt Simulation View Post
    Jeeze, and too think ... I had a friend that bought a new Corvette Z06 as his first car.

Not sure what your point is but in fact this is an analogy I thought of. Obviously you're young, but I was thinking of my 16 YO that wanted me to buy his older brothers '76 Vette for his first car. I could get it but yes, that would be terribly irresponsible of me to do that. BTW, do you have a Cruze for sale?

Blog Entries

Still amazed at the number of folks that don't see anything wrong with this.
    Even after my last comment about his build and battery, its being ignored by the other posters. They're talking about nicotine levels. The important safety stuff went completely over their head. THAT'S the reason I post pictures of burnt hands and exploded mods to get people's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheShade View Post

Probably. People shouldn't be allowed to drive a Corvette at any age.
    . . . . . King II Mech Mod (clone). . . . . Kayfun Lite-Plus (authentic)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast