Tobacco Companies and Vaping - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Tobacco Companies and Vaping

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I think differently. BT is regulated out the wazoo. If you smoked cigarettes and did not know they were bad for, then there is something wrong with you. Even the packaging warns you.

They make a product and it isn't that bad. I have used them and don't mind them at all. The only issue is they are as expensive as can be. Form factor and ease of use is top notch. The flavoring isn't bad either. My guess is they won't blow up in anyone's face either.

I tend to leave my tin foil hat in the closest for after a case of beer. I have always wondered what will kill me first the beer, smoking aluminum foil or the government.
    stevegmu, amoret and EBates like this.

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Vaslovik's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I could not use their product without knowing it, I use a mech with an RBA, and make my own juice. They got all my money they are ever going to.
    FlamingoTutu likes this.

Blog Entries

I see many of the Big Tobacco companies manufacturing e-cigs as being cut-throat business men looking to monopolize the e-cig market. A popular e-liquid manufacturer recently had to find a new liquid nicotine supplier because a Big Tobacco company had bought out his previous supplier and was doubling the cost if he chose to continue buying from there. He had to temporarily shut down his business until he could secure another supplier.

Big Tobacco would like to influence the FDA to regulate e-liquid to be sold only in child-resistant prefilled cartridges (ie Blu). No bottled e-liquid with nicotine. No fruit, candy, or desert flavors like many of us enjoy ("these attract children to try them"), just tobacco and menthol flavors. This would give them an unfair advantage and put most e-liquid and mod manufacturers out of business. Besides, who wants to go back to using prefilled cartridges? Not I.

People will say there will always be a black market for nicotine-based e-liquids in bottled form. That may be true, but do we really want to resort to that? I don't. US production would be banned, and international shipping would be stopped by US Customs. Some say we could make our own nicotine e-liquid from tobacco leaves. Yeah, good luck with that idea.

Vaping as we know it today could be the best that we have ever enjoyed. FDA regulations could put a stop to that.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WillyZee View Post
    I see BT completely owning the vape industry within 10 years ... that's only if BG doesn't just hand it to them within 3 years
    I humbly disagree. Okay, I agree a[bout the part of BG handing it over to BT. But it's gone too far. If the FDA succeeds, especially with flavors, I see it more like prohibition. It was floated around here recently that there are 6 million vapers in the US. I've only seen a small smattering of people on here that even liked BT's ecigs. Just speaking for myself, I'd rather risk a fine or going to jail for buying on the black market than buy another item from BT. But I know, what we're really working at is keeping choices open and plainly visible and available for new vapers down the road.

Enjoy these glory days of vaping. I'm positive the BT lobby has already dished out a literal ton of money.
    Jet_tek1, WillyZee and XBarbarian like this.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideLove View Post
    ... Indeed I've heard that Phillip-Morris, the same company that owns Marlboro also owns Blu. ...
    Currently, Blu is Owned by Lorillard. Which is Independent of Phillip-Morris.

But soon, in all Likelihood, R.J. Reynolds is going to Acquire Lorillard. But at the Time of the Sale, Blu is going to be Spun Off to the Imperial Tobacco Group.

Reynolds, Lorillard Dump Blu E-Cigarettes In $27 Billion Merger - Forbes
    DC2, patkin and XBarbarian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by K31Scout View Post
    Enjoy these glory days of vaping. I'm positive the BT lobby has already dished out a literal ton of money.
    Bags of cash?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Anybody that thinks BT will ever have anyone's best interest at heart besides their own ought to take the time to watch this. It made me physically ill and it should do the same to you. Documentary Topic ''Secrets of the tobacco industry'' - YouTube

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoTutu View Post
    Anybody that thinks BT will ever have anyone's best interest at heart besides their own ought to take the time to watch this. It made me physically ill and it should do the same to you. Documentary Topic ''Secrets of the tobacco industry'' - YouTube
    BT isn't out of the ordinary. they are representative of all big industries. "greed is good" has destroyed business, across the spectrum. pink slime etc. All large profitable industries operate exactly the same. and who is the primary owner of BPharma, BT, Insurance, you name it? Banks.
    DC2, zoiDman and Baditude like this.
    Non Smoker Since 6/25/14 - Thanks to becoming a Vaper!
    Mods: VS rDNA 30, REO Grand sl/lp, A-Mod (zna clone), Cartel Mech (Infinite clone Brass)
    Attys: Erlkonigin, R91%, RM2, Atomic (bf modded), Tobh (Infinite clone, brass), Nautilus

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoTutu View Post
    I'm Not Justifying or Condoning what BT has done in the Past. But where was the FDA in All of This?

The FDA Approved the Chemicals that BT wanted to put into Cigarettes. And Isn't it the FDA's Role to Ensure that what Is in a Cigarette is Supposed to be there?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast