Appetite Suppression?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appetite Suppression?

Moved On

Default Appetite Suppression?

New e-smoker here... I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that the appetite suppression caused by analogs is not present with e-cigs? Is there another thread about this anywhere which I can read?

I quit analogs, but I must stop eating before I look like a house!!!

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, I've piled on the pounds since giving up tobacco, so I imagine that you're right about this. My appetite for food has increased as well. Oh dear - I might have to dig out my old copy of Atkins....

Full Member ECF Veteran

This is an intresting question and I'm looking forward to see how others feel. I for one have'nt noticed a change in appetite one way or another. I enjoy the taste a lot more already. I can actually taste the difference between Wendy's and McDonald's all of the sudden but that's about it.
    Bearing in mind that I have only been (foggy?) smoke free for going on my ninth day now. This just may be a demon I have to face in the near future.
    Robert

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have had just the opposite happen. I've lost around 5 lbs since I started (mid Nov) and I know it's because I haven't been eating as much. For me, I think it's because I get so consumed in the vaping. Picking up this pen, then that one, making this mix, then that one, etc. Like right now, I put something in the microwave about 15 minutes ago, checked my mail and found some new flavorings I ordered. The heck with eating now.....I'll get to it later...lol

I should add that I do still smoke some analogs....but I don't see that they, in particular, suppress my appetite any.

Lu

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

i have noticed that i am more prone to wanting to eat between meals... especially this sweet tooth that has developed.

when i "quit" before, i would stand in the kitchen and work my way from one end to the other, crying as i ate myself sick. with my e-cig, this is greatly subdued. i think i do eat more, but i also think it is because things are tasting better. (especially chocolate milkshakes... you'd think i was prego LOL)

either way, this time around, i am noticing the food cravings aren't as bad... but i also have decided that i am not quitting smoking, just the tobacco... and it took me six months to transition completely... so my tobacco usage wasn't just cut off...

but i also haven't gained any weight and do find that sometimes i forget to eat...

Moved On

Default More specifically...

I guess I should have been more specific, I do believe I eat less than the few times I quit analogs (or tried) before this... and the e-cig definitely keeps me from shoving food in my mouth... BUT my appetite has increased significantly since I quit analogs altogether. I used to finish an analog and not be hungry for a while. Now... with vaping I find that I am hungry and it is not relevant to whether I just vaped or not.I am just hungry. Fun flavors certainly keep me from eating as much as I would without it... but the appetite is still there.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Then I agree with you... my appetite is up. I think there is something else (a different additive) in the tobacco cigs that messes with the appetite.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Papa Lazarou's Avatar

No change for me. Real cigarettes didn't have any appetite suppressant effects on me and neither do e-cigs

I can actually taste things that I couldn't taste before though, which is nice.

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

well, I was reading one of those nut-job websites yesterday (i forget the url now) that claimed that analogs had opium in them. So, maybe that's it?

Seriously, though, that's kinda scary to hear that it doesnt have the same appetite suppressant effect. That's one of the things I use analogs for

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by OutWest View Post
    well, I was reading one of those nut-job websites yesterday (i forget the url now) that claimed that analogs had opium in them. So, maybe that's it?

Seriously, though, that's kinda scary to hear that it doesnt have the same appetite suppressant effect. That's one of the things I use analogs for
    I admit, that was definitely a bonus for me. I have found though that admitting to myself that something in the appetite suppression realm is missing from the e-cig, I notice that I want to eat and stop myself by using my e-cig. I remind myself that whatever it was in the tobacco or smoke that did that for me, can be easily remedied with a piece of beef jerky or fruit.

The e-cig isn't perfect... but it's damn near close (when measuring the knowns about tobacco against the whatifs in the e-juice).

And the anti's say us "nicotine addicts" are weak minded. blah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast