What about the kids? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What about the kids?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I never smoked around my kids as well. i always went outside. if we were out together with my wife as a family...i would excuse myself for a few minutes and go somewhere where they wont see me. now that i started vaping i will continue to do the same.
    MODS:2x Provari's V1, 2x Brass JustGG #1823 and 1546, SS JustGG #1114, Brass Astro #75
    ATOMIZERS:The Russian and The Russian 91%, Ithaka #4642 and #5873
    RETIRED: RSM Mk4VV and VV Monkeyboxx CAUTION: Im vaping @ VV...Keep back 500ft :p

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran QueenInNC's Avatar

I would rather be safe than sorry later. However, my older daughter (13) sees more of the "gear" than the actual vaping, I think. I have 4 chargers with batteries in them. My 4 year old doesn't pay attention. I keep 3 of the chargers on a strip under my bed. I do not want anything about this to be appealing to them. Ever.
    www.eliquidplanet.com

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yeah..I'm the same. Much better if my kids don't grow up thinking it's normal to smoke or vape.

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nuck View Post
    Yeah..I'm the same. Much better if my kids don't grow up thinking it's normal to smoke or vape.
    Yeah, kids pick up on everything, no matter how well you think you hide it. We reserve any smoking-like activities for when the kids are a couple hours into sleep and never leave any gear around. I still feel weird that they were around when we mentioned that we went to a hookah bar last summer while they were with their grandparents.

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Yeah, kids pick up on everything, no matter how well you think you hide it. We reserve any smoking-like activities for when the kids are a couple hours into sleep and never leave any gear around. I still feel weird that they were around when we mentioned that we went to a hookah bar last summer while they were with their grandparents.
    Definitley!
    www.eliquidplanet.com

PV Master ECF Veteran

Congrats on a worthwhile, thoughtful thread with good advice. It's getting rarer ..

If only everyone were this considerate.

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBob View Post
    Congrats on a worthwhile, thoughtful thread with good advice. It's getting rarer ..

If only everyone were this considerate.

Thanks, Bob. I agree.
    www.eliquidplanet.com

I was just wondering this earlier today. I don't have any kids myself, but whenever I'm visiting family I vape in a room upstairs, and sometimes get surprised by little ones (nieces). I hope its true that the nicotine just evaporates into the air, and poses no threat.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one concerned though.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Nuck View Post
    PG and VG are fine and I remember reading the small amount of nic you exhale evaporates as soon as it hits the air.
    I've heard this as well, somewhere in a discussion about second hand vapor in general.

Interesting that many of us are willing to assume exhaled vapor is generally safe to use in public or in enclosed areas but to apply that logic to vaping around kids is "dangerous". Just an observation.

Personally I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Stone me to death why don't you- but off the top of my head, I wouldn't think its a hazard. That being said, I wouldn't chance that assumption on my kids or anyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    I've heard this as well, somewhere in a discussion about second hand vapor in general.

Interesting that many of us are willing to assume exhaled vapor is generally safe to use in public or in enclosed areas but to apply that logic to vaping around kids is "dangerous". Just an observation.

Personally I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Stone me to death why don't you- but off the top of my head, I wouldn't think its a hazard. That being said, I wouldn't chance that assumption on my kids or anyone elses.

I agree with this.
    www.eliquidplanet.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast