Dropped e-cig in water
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropped e-cig in water

Default Dropped e-cig in water

Well like the title says, I dropped my e-cig in the water. I grabbed it as fast as I could but it still was soaking by the time it came out. This was with an auto battery too.

I am hoping that when it dries out all will be good but for now it is dead. I have spilled stuff on laptops before, took them apart cleaned and dried and they still work. Hopefully the same will be true.

Good thing, I ordered some more batts the other day.

Moved On

need to make sure you let it dry

I ran my 401/auto & all in the wash.... & Dried it and it vaped great afterwords...
    but when I dropped it in hotwater freshly juiced up the battery stopped working.
    Tried running it thru dryer & didn't fix it this time.
    The sensor inside was caked full of juice.

Last incident happened when I placed my 510 order.
    Now IM back on the 401 with mod.
    Last edited by Kuya Dave; 04-02-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran AlexTM's Avatar

Flushing with alcohol, since that would drive the water out, is said to help, too.

Vote in the polls, vapers, we need numbers!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

this is why you must be very careful vaping while you take a crap
    Last edited by Above God; 04-02-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I did that with a cell phone once and it would not vape any more even when I dried it out.

Don't you hate it when people make promises that they do not keep?

Good news! I took a hair drier and dried it for a while and it has come back to life. I was rotating my L88 and 510 batts which did its job. My other spares should be here today, hopefully. I got manual ones, which I think I am going to like better than the auto batts.

Quote Originally Posted by Above God View Post
    this is why you must be very careful vaping while you take a crap

I was wondering why it was tasting like ...... J/K

Luckily, I wasn't. Just got done shaving grabbed my shirt that had the fresh e-cig ready to go on it kaplunk perfect shot in the toilet. Something I couldn't do if I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Gaunt View Post
    I did that with a cell phone once and it would not vape any more even when I dried it out.

I did this in a urinal once at a hockey game, it still might be there. I just took the loss didnt feel like going fishing in yellow water.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKill View Post
    gotta watch

Commercial for your business??

Account closed on request ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Whenever you drop something like that in water one of the best ways to dry it out is to put it in a bowl with an airtight lid with uncooked white rice. It will draw the moisture out. I have saved I don't know how many cellphones and pagers by doing that.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lxocnv91 View Post
    Well like the title says, I dropped my e-cig in the water. I grabbed it as fast as I could but it still was soaking by the time it came out. This was with an auto battery too.

I am hoping that when it dries out all will be good but for now it is dead. I have spilled stuff on laptops before, took them apart cleaned and dried and they still work. Hopefully the same will be true.

Good thing, I ordered some more batts the other day.
    If you haven't thrown it away yet, try this: Do not put it in the charger.....use a hair dryer on a moderate heat (like a styling heat) and sit it up on a towel or something and just turn the dryer on for 15 or 25 miniutes. Then let it cool for awhile, and try it again on your ecig..
    I dropped my Janty Stick in the dishwater the other night, it would not do anything, so took the battery and everything out, dried all as above, and it worked fine after I let it cool down, battery too. Worth a try.
    I've used that method to also dry out watches that had moisture in them, I don't know where the molecules go but they're gone.
    If you're brave enough to try, (I'm not sure I would be!) put it back in the charger but do not leave it unattended. If it smokes or feels warm on the body throw it outside fast using a hot pad!
    Last edited by Kate51; 04-02-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast