Vaping while wearing "the patch"

Thread: Vaping while wearing "the patch"

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Vaping while wearing "the patch"

Hello all!!

Ive been vaping for about 2 weeks, and now that i have discovered a juice that i am not sensitive to, i enjoy it. However, even though i have cut back tremendously on analogs, my nicotine craving is not fully satisfied. I cant use a higher mg of eliquid, because it makes me feel "tripped out"

I have recently ordered some "snus" and going to give that a shot, along with vaping to try and kick these freaking analogs! My question is however, has anybody ever tried vaping while using the nicotine "patch" and have you had any success? Thanks much to all who respond!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Just like smoking on the patch -- It's a bad idea.
    It's easy to get too much nicotine this way.
    The patch is constantly feeding nic to you, it's harder to realize that you've had enough til after you start getting sick, and then your body is still getting nicotine from two sources after you realize you got too much.

I'm tired, I'm not sure if that makes sense or not.
    Long story short - it's easy to overdose on nicotine. Not recommended.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, I don't think I'd recommend it.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I smoked on the patch back in the day, not good for you.

Not a good idea
    ɥʇɹoʍ sʇuǝɔ oʍʇ ʎɯ ʇsnɾ

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've often thought that wearing a patch and vaping 0mg nic juice is the way to go if there is a ban. I wouldn't vape nicotine AND wear a patch, but the patch could satisfy your nicotine need and vaping 0mg juice would satify your oral need.

I'm not sure why you can't vape a higher nicotine content. I was almost a 2 pack a day smoker and lower nic juices (24mg) just weren't cutting it for me either. I switched to 36mg juice and had no problems. However, you can absorb nicotine through your skin so you really have to be careful about getting the juice on your skin. I'd get woozy too before I became vigilant about keeping the juice (when reloading etc.) off my skin.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I started out vaping 0 mg and using a patch and I thought it worked fine. The patch took care of the nicotine craving, the vaping helped with the physical addiction. But I stopped due to the price of the patches, juice is just way cheaper, plus I like the "hit" that a juice with nic gives you.

Blog Entries

0 nic and the patch is fine. I have friends that have done it. You just don't want to add any nic if your on the patch

Ultra Member ECF Veteran quasimod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

During one of my (many) failed attempts to stop smoking, I had 2 of the high-nic patches on my arm, while chewing the gum, and using a Nicotrol inhaler. I put the inhaler down and lit a Kool. It made me feel a little light-headed, but no serious problems (I was driving at the time). If you're nic tolerance is anything like mine, your body will let you know when you've had too much LONG before you need to dial 911. Now, having said that, it's a BAD IDEA, and you should never, ever do it (my lawyer made me say that).

I wouldn't worry about craving a cigarette in your 2nd week of vaping. I smoked for the first 3 months or so, any time I "really" wanted one. During those 3 months, I gradually reduced the number of cigarettes I smoked from 3 packs per day down to 3 or 4 cigarettes per week. The more I vaped, the less I wanted to smoke. Then, one day, I realized I hadn't smoked in nearly 2 weeks. I think my last cigarette was 1 or 2 days after Christmas of '09, but I'm not positive.

Maybe you just need to cut yourself some slack.
    Last edited by quasimod; 04-11-2010 at 08:20 AM.

dude your a machine, I think i would die with 2 patches the gum and a cig.