Ithaka with no non resistance wire! Is it possible?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ithaka with no non resistance wire! Is it possible?

Super Member ECF Veteran AdamAnd's Avatar

Default Ithaka with no non resistance wire! Is it possible?

Hey everyone just returned from a much needed holiday. I saw a lot of different setups, a lot of rebuild-able atomizers that all had post's for the positive and negative connections so no non-resistive wire was needed. I was wondering what everyone thought I am sure it could be done to Ithaka and the Ody? Me personally I don't mind using a small screw driver or Alan key to fasten wire. To be honest I think I will have to go pick up some reading glasses today my wire's are getting worse rather than better and an upgrade to just resistance wire would make my year. I know its been done in other atomizers but wouldn't it be the best in the Ithaka or Ody let me know what you think. Love my Ithaka but my wires made by me suck can't wait to order my ss window. Any news on the brass upgrade kits yet?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Brass kits will be shipped with the GGTS batch Imeo made in about 2 weeks. You can orer your SS window now.

As for Ithaka with no no res wires it would require a complete design change. While I would love to see Imeo make a GG rebuildable that didn't require NR wire I don't see it happening for a while at best since Ithaka just came out and Imeo has a lot of projects. That being said if you don't like twisting wires I would recommend possibly using ready wires or buying a wire wielder. Also like Ody it is possible to built Ithaka with only 1 nr wire for the posative side and just lay the res wire in the metal negative channel.

Default Great news

Can anyone tell me where in Canada or elsewhere I can purchase a wire welder I would love to get one Thanks for the info on GGTS and Brass upgrade kit

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

There are a couple I know of.
    The TSAF video and contact info here
    The Tsaf - Res & No Res wire joiner - YouTube
    Spotty Wire welder again video and info here
    Spotty Wire Welder - YouTube
    And finally the Zapper I havn't seen any videos but seen a couple reviews. Can be bought from here
    Zapper

Default Thank You

Thanks for the info I still can't believe how helpful everyone is and how they support each other its an example for the rest of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by fright88 View Post
    There are a couple I know of.
    The TSAF video and contact info here
    The Tsaf - Res & No Res wire joiner - YouTube
    Spotty Wire welder again video and info here
    Spotty Wire Welder - YouTube
    And finally the Zapper I havn't seen any videos but seen a couple reviews. Can be bought from here
    Zapper

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

There is a way to make the Ithaka work with out NR wires, I used to use it on Ody v1.
    Take a piece of stiff wire, I used piece of spring that I straightened out. Take that piece of wire and wedge it in between the inside nut and the ceramic the shape it to run up the inside of the ceramic to the positive channel and curl it over the top edge of the ceramic. If you have a Ody v2 or an Ithaka the ground is already present. By adding a strip from the inside post, the positive would be present.
    But....there is the issue of keeping a strong connection by simply placing your coil and wick on top of the ceramic channels and not using any NR wires. I tried adding a hook, a hoop, but retaining a solid contact was undependable. It can be done but it doesn't work as good as the original design does.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAnd View Post
    Thanks for the info I still can't believe how helpful everyone is and how they support each other its an example for the rest of the world
    No problem I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while now so I've got all their info in favorites lol. Honestly the only reason I don't have a TSAF is the turn around time.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran imeothanasis's Avatar

Making Ithaca with 2 bolts is the easiest thing in the world guys. We just put an adapter on Ithaca that has 2 bolts on it and thats it. But why do you want to make your life difficult? 2 bolts will have small distance between them, you will have to use a tool to assemble it and you have to be up to 40 years old to see what you are doing there
    alexparazit and dioliv like this.

Default Yes Your right but!

Yes Imeo I had Laser eye correction one year ago but still need reading glasses yes it sucks getting old. It was just a thought I watched a lot of people wire this type of unit up fast and easy with great results it was just a thought my coil making skills should be getting better all the time but to be honest I don't think they are going to try and get a wire welder maybe that will help. Just thought if there where 4 posts you could do dual coils X or parallel and save on the non resistance wire and wrapping time. Doesn't hurt to ask if anyone could come up with a better system I am sure it would be you. Just off topic here but I can't seem to login to the COV site to preorder my steel window for Ithaka.
    Quote Originally Posted by imeothanasis View Post
    Making Ithaca with 2 bolts is the easiest thing in the world guys. We just put an adapter on Ithaca that has 2 bolts on it and thats it. But why do you want to make your life difficult? 2 bolts will have small distance between them, you will have to use a tool to assemble it and you have to be up to 40 years old to see what you are doing there

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran imeothanasis's Avatar

all atomizers are made with 2 bolts, like the A1 atomizer 1-2 years ago Adam. Only GG (and some others after GG) are made like GG series. As for the time to make a coil, be sure that Ody-Penelope-Ithaca are the atomizers that need 2 minutes exactly to make a working coil on them and without the need of glasses too. I already did that on one of my videos. The only time you have to spend is to twist wires but you can make a lot of them when you have a little time at home and use them every time you need a new coil, or you can buy the premade ones. They are very cheap as you know.

And dont forget that resistance wire is very thin and not very easy to be handled. No Resistance wire is thicker, more visible and you can feel it in your hands much better

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast