Penelope V3 - Page 44
Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Like Tree905Likes

Thread: Penelope V3

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantisboy View Post
    Can someone please tell me if you can use the air flow control on a nemesis with the penelope v3? Thanks.
    working flawlessly for me

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by monkkx View Post
    working flawlessly for me
    Thanks, so you can tighten up the draw quite a bit then as I prefer a tight draw?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Not really ... the draw with nemesis AFC closed is only slightly tighter than in fully opened position.

I guess I didn't get the exact meaning of your question. Penelope V3 will work flawlessly on a nemesis, however the AFC of the nemesis will be rather inefficient since the penelope has 2 grooves to supply air independently of the 510 connection air flow.
    Last edited by monkkx; 04-04-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Atlantisboy likes this.

ECF Veteran

Yeah thats what I was worried about, thanks. So there is no way to tighten the draw I guess , thats a shame.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yeah thats what I was worried about, thanks. So there is no way to tighten the draw I guess , thats a shame.
    The penelope v2 has an AFC in the mouthpiece that could solve your issue provided you are comfortable with res-nores builts. Unfortunatly, the peny V3 do not have (yet??) this handy mouthpiece.
    In my opiion, with some pre-made res-nores wires, the peny V2 is as good as the V3, if not slightly better ...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by monkkx View Post
    The penelope v2 has an AFC in the mouthpiece that could solve your issue provided you are comfortable with res-nores builts. Unfortunatly, the peny V3 do not have (yet??) this handy mouthpiece.
    In my opiion, with some pre-made res-nores wires, the peny V2 is as good as the V3, if not slightly better ...
    Thanks bud but the reason I am thinking about getting a V3 is because I am done using no res wires. Maybe in the future there will be air flow control for the V3.
    monkkx likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran Bigwhiterabbitt's Avatar

Can someone please tell me if you can use the air flow control on a nemesis with the penelope v3? Thanks.
    To use the V3 with the Nemesis AFC cut a thin piece of selotape 2mm wide and 2.5cm long and wrap it round the top of the 510 connector covering the 2 holes. I've been doing this from day 1, works flawlessly..
    Atlantisboy likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwhiterabbitt View Post
    To use the V3 with the Nemesis AFC cut a thin piece of selotape 2mm wide and 2.5cm long and wrap it round the top of the 510 connector covering the 2 holes. I've been doing this from day 1, works flawlessly..
    Thanks bud .

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwhiterabbitt View Post
    Hi Big, did something similar , but more permanent since i wash the penny every day and i use mod with air control , a nemesis and in a near future a proteus which has air control as well . I covered the cuts as showed in pics with two small drops of epoxy mix , applied with tooth pic (araldit red label , fast curing epoxy ) after hardened , I carefully trim with razor blade . It remains permanent and clean and still you can easily remove if needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought a Penelope V3 and it was working well for quite some time.

However I have recently been having an issue where I'm getting a plastic taste. The device I'm using it on is an iTaste VV, set at 3.7v - 4v. Does anybody have any thoughts on what might be a fix?

Thank you.