Do you shop online or offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minoh

Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if most of you guys get your gears/liquids online or offline. I know vape stores are not common in certain states/cities yet, so I was just wondering where/how you guys get your hands on vapes.

Also, if you guys go to a store, what do you guys like or dislike about it? Or do you guys prefer online stores? If so why or why not?

I m just curious of what are your thoughts on pros/cons of going to a store or shopping online :2cool:

For me, there are a lot of vape stores opening up near my location. There are even like vape bars where you can just come in and smoke. I guess good thing is that you can try liquids out before purchasing them? Online stores don't look too legit to my eyes so I am a bit hesitant before buying any liquids, although their prices are lower than the physical stores.

Thanks guys!

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I do all my shopping online. In the UK vape stores are few and far between and from what I've read on UK forums you don't get to try stuff out much and the selection isn't great. People seem to swap ideas through 'vape meets' which they arrange regularly.

I never go to them as I am concerned I may fall asleep while they all talk about how amazing their new mods are and how perfect their setup is and why. I prefer to stay at home and watch paint dry.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
All my vaping shopping is on-line.

Dropped in on my local TW store 'bout two years ago. Ain't going back.

Pro:
local

Con:
overpriced
limited products
overpriced
near clueless employees
overpriced
gas/traffic
overpriced
don't sell Tums (and if they did, yepper, would be overpriced!)

How are their prices?

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I probably buy more juice online, but from 2 vendors repeatedly now that I have some favorite juices. I buy some juices at my favorite B&M too but there are just a few flavors I really like there.

I buy most of my hardware there but I also shop online every once in a while.

There are new B&Ms popping up all over around here, but I always go to my favorite. They are soooooo nice to me, and know me by name. I take friends there because I know they'll be treated well. And the prices are fair.

Happy to have the opportunity to support the local economy.

With all these new places opening up I wonder how many will make it? Guess a lot depends on upcoming decisions by the FDA. I am surprised that the Missouri state government hasn't caught wind of this yet...

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I would almost kill for the chance to try liquids in a store before buying. But so far my search for a vape shop in the metro Boston area has only yielded:

Kwikee Marts and gas stations selling the obvious.
One mall kiosk on the North Shore selling a mini e-cig "pack style" that I could get from China for $5.00 - for $69.00.
One largely now abandoned smoke and news shop in Brookline selling insanely overpriced no-name kits and no-name China liquid. (It wasn't even Dekang or Hangsen.)

So the now obvious answer: I have bought everything I own on-line.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    The vape shops around here are overpriced and sub par. I bought my first cigalike kit at the flea market. Since then, I found 3 well respected vendors online through the forum and popular u-tube reviewers.

B&Ms tend to be more expensive due to staff and overhead. If you find they have a website, the prices tend to be lower than going into the store.

ShariR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I do my research on ECF and shop online. I have one vape store that is about 25 miles from my home. Rebranded pricey juice and outrageous hardware prices, but I have bought from them when I am in the area. The next closest is almost 50 miles away. Not worth it to try out juices and purchase way overpriced equipment. If I am up that way I will go and check them out.

I have found that I learn much more here than I can get from anyone at my local vape shop although they are very nice people.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering if most of you guys get your gears/liquids online or offline. I know vape stores are not common in certain states/cities yet, so I was just wondering where/how you guys get your hands on vapes.

Also, if you guys go to a store, what do you guys like or dislike about it? Or do you guys prefer online stores? If so why or why not?

I m just curious of what are your thoughts on pros/cons of going to a store or shopping online :2cool:

For me, there are a lot of vape stores opening up near my location. There are even like vape bars where you can just come in and smoke. I guess good thing is that you can try liquids out before purchasing them? Online stores don't look too legit to my eyes so I am a bit hesitant before buying any liquids, although their prices are lower than the physical stores.

Thanks guys!

Psssst, we no longer smoke......;)

All my purchases are online. I've not looked for a local place. I think there is one somewhere near but I'm at the point where I like one vendor for liquids and I only need to get replacement heads for my Nova's once in a while. My PV is a durable beast and I have my third coming just because I wanted a different color....and backup for my backup :)

fyrman21

Oct 23, 2013
    West Palm Beach, FL
    There are a bunch of shops close to me in the south Florida area. The prices aren't too bad and when u need something right away the few local shops around have what I need. It is a few bucks more. Like some others have said its nice to try out the favors before dropping hard earned money on em blind. Got to try out the provari yesterday and they have it the same price as online. Next paycheck I know where I'll be stopping by to pick one up. But I'm about 50/50 online and in retail shops nearby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread