Ready to start using carto tanks. Help me decide what to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
I've been reading and learning and watching the videos. But when it comes time to order, I'm getting confused (in terms of size & ohm's mostly)

What will fit and look nice on a eGo Twist/spinner type batteries? I like the size of the mini kanger protank, but the vape is too cool for me. I want/need a warmer vape. Doesn't have to be pyrex since I generally don't use tank cracking liquids.

So, halp plz?

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
You would probably be better off with one or two of these: Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank as they don't use a proprietary carto like the ones you found and they can be used on any 510 threaded device. You may want to get one or two of these to make things look better: Ego Adapter for tanks
And get some of these for the tank: http://www.hoosierecig.com/Pre-Punched-Replacement-tank-cartomizers_p_55.html , I would recommend getting the 2 ohm, Single coil, 2 hole to start with then you can adjust ohms to your liking. If you have problems with keeping the coils wet, you may need to get some with 3 holes. If they're out, I look at SmokTek.com or MadVapes, they carry the same thing.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
You would probably be better off with one or two of these: Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank as they don't use a proprietary carto like the ones you found and they can be used on any 510 threaded device. You may want to get one or two of these to make things look better: Ego Adapter for tanks
And get some of these for the tank: http://www.hoosierecig.com/Pre-Punched-Replacement-tank-cartomizers_p_55.html , I would recommend getting the 2 ohm, Single coil, 2 hole to start with then you can adjust ohms to your liking. If you have problems with keeping the coils wet, you may need to get some with 3 holes. If they're out, I look at SmokTek.com or MadVapes, they carry the same thing.

Which size tank would be sleek with the eGo?

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
My Boge cartos stick up a bit from my tank. it's hardly noticeable after you put a drip tip in. If the flavor is muted, CRANK IT UP. Don't throw any of them away. You may get other PVs later and those tank can be used with some of the more powerful PVs with little muting of flavor.

'1pc. drip tip (I recommend using one of the Big Belly Drip tips to prevent the tank from sliding up.)'

Yes, I've got one of these tanks... slides all over the place and it'll pull right off of the carto and you'll have juice everywhere :/ I've got one in these nice black caps, but I hate to use it because the tank slips off of the carto no matter how many times I've replaced the o-rings.

Since they suggest the bigger drip tip, try greasing it up with your juice and then try to put it in the carto.

If you decide to stick with carto tanks, search for some tanks with grommets, they have a snugger fit and won't slip right off. Boge cartos are also the cheapest I have found, punched or unpunched out of China from HealthCabin. If you can find better deals in the US, grab them. I pay $45.00 for 50 Pre-Punched Boge 510D Cartomizers.

This is where I got all of my tanks, they are now closed, but their stock will be going to another store, so they'll update the site when it does. Decide if you like the looks of them and then wait it out: http://www.valleyvapes.com/

Last edited:

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
It shouldn't make a huge difference in how it works. It will just raise up the drip tip a little bit.

Still, it's odd that there's that much difference. Where did you buy them from?

Hoosier E-Cig is where I got it. I haven't tried using it yet because I'm saving it for my new RY4 once it gets here.

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
Exactly what he told me to.

HEC0542S2 Pre Punched Replacement tank cartomizers
Type: 2.0ohm Single coil (LR)(2 Hole)

HEC048DT65 Acrylic Big Belly Drip Tips

HEC05335BK Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank
Type: 3.5ml Dual Coil Tank

And the drip tip wont fit either but thats okay.

It's probably because it's a 45 mm carto, but it shouldn't matter to the performance, I don't think. You can get shorter carts out there, but you will probably want to get a different dct tank down the road. This is a good starter type tank, and can even be the one you use for forever.
I, personally, like the tanks that lock on the bottom, so you don't accidentally pull the tube off the cartomizer and spill your juice everywhere.
And drip tips sometimes don't fit cartomizers, but the one that came with it will work. Hang on to the drip tip you purchased, because when you order another tank sometime, I bet it will fit.

Here's a look at the Artemas (locking tank). Maybe you can get this down the road. They aren't very expensive at all:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Lol, mine are Designed to stick out 1/2".
    Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
    subs.jpg
    But, I use the big tank with the small carto and the drip tip is 1/4" Inside the tank, lol.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Maryland

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2013
    Titusville, FL, USA
    www.youtube.com

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ringling Brothers Circus
    Lol, mine are Designed to stick out 1/2".
    Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
    View attachment 269456
    But, I use the big tank with the small carto and the drip tip is 1/4" Inside the tank, lol.

Good looking grommet tanks. I had to check because I thought those were glass and I'd jump on them =] Mine are all pyrex and polypro because I use some tank cracking juice =] it'd be nice to have some tanks lighter than the pyrex. They do look nice though =]

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread